FoxTactics "Lightning Ninja" Arc build 18k+ : No update for 1.2

Playing in the 1 month league as this character was a bad choice. I spent all my currency on a 6 slot chest that is only 4linked and the Geofri's Crest + Empower combo.

I grinded to 78 just doing Piety for loot and chaos, but got nothing good out of it except Rainbowstride boots and a unique map. Doing 66 maps I will die to all the zerg jumping frog things which is really annoying. There is no way I have enough currency to buy the belt, which is the only needed item in this build, nor 5 link my chest.

For all these negatives, this build should only be attempted if you are part of a large guild where you can get the Belt and all the empower hand my downs. If you do not have this resource, it will take you a long time to farm for all your pieces which makes the game less fun knowing you will struggle in 66maps being 12 levels higher, 5500dps, and 2800 health.

I have not played my toon in a week and it makes me sick seeing someone post how easy it was to get pieces and play to win, while I put more than enough time farming many exalts of currency to still lose in the end.

150+ rarity 9 quantity is all I could manage, and from this trial it seems you need to make a pure MF toon first or play anything else that leeches life without having to wait for an endgame multi-exalt item.

I also have no concept of how people have tons of exalts worth of currency in this game either. In the end you need to waste all of it on maps. DO you HAVE to have a MF culler to make the most of the time?
"
jesterboy wrote:
How do you feel about spell echo? is it worth using or should I just go for the 4 link?

fox is doing a ranger in the month league, his arcer is dismantled, so Im not sure if he will be in to answer questions or not any time soon. Im a mod in his twitch and I have all his old gear running the arcer on softcore, I have a certain amount of knowledge about what he was doing at the end of the league so Ill try and answer any questions until he pops back in.

I think the final setup was:

Arc + Empower + Lightning Pen + Spell Echo

running in a +1 hat (Vertex/Geofris). This was with the Righteous Fire Lightning Coil endgame version.

Im running the Ninja version with the Cloak still at lvl92 and I get slightly more sheet deeps from using a 5L with Faster Casting than I do in the +1 hat, its marginal so its prob going to depend how much cast speed/spell d you have elsewhere. Added Lightning or the +1 hat are going to give you way more damage per hit but less cast speed, so longer animation lock, less reflect safe, slower to stack shocks, but better against thorns or corrupted blood, better mana cost for your deeps (esp with vertex), longer shock durations... theres ups and downs with all the options, its personal preference. I think Fox would still advise:

Arc + Empower + Lightning Pen + Spell Echo

I prefer the faster casting, quicker shocking etc, so I have Arc in a 6L cloak:

Arc + Empower + Lightning Pen + Spell Echo + Faster Casting + Elemental Proliferation

build and gear in spoiler

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAnEC4wSzBVsHYwelCPQMfRB_EZYTnhRNFecWbxbzFy8ZhRo4Gmwc3B0UHpQfAiQ8JKomPCaVJ6kpTyycLR8tRy9vL50xiDbFNulEq0bXSVFJslBCVUtVrlXGVdZXK1ptXcZgbWTnbRlwu3NTc7N2EXkDfll-r3_GgKSCEIIegpuDOIuMjDaNGY9Gj6aQVZMnnYCfe6IAoqOkkacIp1ynhKw_tQS4k8BUwbTB88aez2XQ0NVP2CTZE9rd2wvcV92M3fPed9-w4BLhc-Nq5CLk7Ow47SDwH_Br8Xbz3frS

Life: 4800
Mana: 4120
Mana Per Sec: 482
Arc Dps: 16,600
Evasion: 3660

running lvl25 artic armour + inner force

note: auras do not get the reduced mana cost stat of the Vertex, they just do more for me in a +1 than Warp and I dont fancy chroming BBBR on armour boots or evasion gloves.

"
LovelyNella wrote:
Playing in the 1 month league as this character was a bad choice. I spent all my currency on a 6 slot chest that is only 4linked and the Geofri's Crest + Empower combo.

I grinded to 78 just doing Piety for loot and chaos, but got nothing good out of it except Rainbowstride boots and a unique map. Doing 66 maps I will die to all the zerg jumping frog things which is really annoying. There is no way I have enough currency to buy the belt, which is the only needed item in this build, nor 5 link my chest.

For all these negatives, this build should only be attempted if you are part of a large guild where you can get the Belt and all the empower hand my downs. If you do not have this resource, it will take you a long time to farm for all your pieces which makes the game less fun knowing you will struggle in 66maps being 12 levels higher, 5500dps, and 2800 health.

I have not played my toon in a week and it makes me sick seeing someone post how easy it was to get pieces and play to win, while I put more than enough time farming many exalts of currency to still lose in the end.

150+ rarity 9 quantity is all I could manage, and from this trial it seems you need to make a pure MF toon first or play anything else that leeches life without having to wait for an endgame multi-exalt item.

I also have no concept of how people have tons of exalts worth of currency in this game either. In the end you need to waste all of it on maps. DO you HAVE to have a MF culler to make the most of the time?

sry to hear you didnt have a good time with the build. Getting leech from somewhere is very nice, if you can get the belt or the scepter or even just a vaaled item with lightning leech. However I personally don't think its necessary for mapping, I leveled to about 89 and ran maps as high as 78 Palaces with no leech, using a Geofris, Moonsorrow and a Cloak in Ambush.

Mfing is a tricky subject. Personally I think its too rewarding maybe, its perfectly possible to just run maps like crazy and make wealth through a shop though. This build can be very cheap, but the cheap version is definitely a grinders path. If you level and vaal your own gems you cna do well with a few items that are also fairly likely to drop at some point. Its possibly a no lifer thing or a long project for sure, but when I first saw his build in Ambush I already had the hat, wand and chest in my stash just from looting, then it was just a matter of leveling gems. If you want it quick you have to pay out a bit for sure, but what you get for your orbs here compared to a lot of other high end builds is great value imo.

I have an mf version of the arcer running with about 350iir/100iiq, it can do merciless piety/dominus runs solo or maps up to maybe 74/75ish, not with hard mods though. It does drop a lot of stuff, but worth noting that Fox never mfed, he just played his build, leveled his gems, took the vaal gambles and eventually it got to where he wanted it to be. By the end of the league he was able to throw around a lot of currency, never doubt the power of dedicated grinding and serious clearspeed builds vs mf boss runs.
im currently running the dual wand/sceptre version in 1msc and i have a really hard time on atziri the dualstriker just destroyes me 1-2 hits and im gone....

lvl 90 2x Doryanis Catalyst Lightning Belt geofris+Cloak i use a cwdt setup for ic

4,1k hp 1.4k unreserved mana resists are capped i use enfeeble on the trio and a skele totem to distract them a little bit

double vaal is quite easy

tripple boss is really easy to the point where only the dual striker is left he just runs at me and 1 or 2 shots me first hit disables my AA and after that im done or he literally just 1shots me...

i dont know what i can change maybe try to kill the cyclone dude last i dunno

(yes i am using lightning warp but i literally cant stand still or he will 1shot me.)

PS: Arc DPS is at ~13k right now about 15k or so with atziri flask

would be awesome if anyone had some tips for non rf version of arc build on Tripple Boss.
Last edited by hhjobbo on Jul 27, 2014, 3:02:42 PM
"
hhjobbo wrote:
im currently running the dual wand/sceptre version in 1msc and i have a really hard time on atziri the dualstriker just destroyes me 1-2 hits and im gone....

lvl 90 2x Doryanis Catalyst Lightning Belt geofris+Cloak i use a cwdt setup for ic

4,1k hp 1.4k unreserved mana resists are capped i use enfeeble on the trio and a skele totem to distract them a little bit

double vaal is quite easy

tripple boss is really easy to the point where only the dual striker is left he just runs at me and 1 or 2 shots me first hit disables my AA and after that im done or he literally just 1shots me...

i dont know what i can change maybe try to kill the cyclone dude last i dunno

(yes i am using lightning warp but i literally cant stand still or he will 1shot me.)

PS: Arc DPS is at ~13k right now about 15k or so with atziri flask

would be awesome if anyone had some tips for non rf version of arc build on Tripple Boss.

Self-cast Enduring and IC.... you will be able to have IC up like 90-100% of the time if you do it right. Swap in a Kaom's sign ring or two for more charges. I don't think you need any ele resist there. Especially with spell echo enduring cry you should be gaining back all charges before IC runs out.
i could try out the self cast ic but the problem is how am i supposed to warp away from him and build charges on top of that without gettin 1shot its already hard enough to not die just by warping away from him...

and i need eleresist when hes in his fireform and i shoot arcs on him i barely can keep me alive with 3% leech and this is with pof and saffels
Last edited by hhjobbo on Jul 27, 2014, 3:45:33 PM
There's not enough discussion about this build with CI, there's a similar-ish build going for Crit Arc with CI, but that thread contains more theory crafting than facts, so I'm reluctant to believe the DPS numbers or survivability chances. Has anyone tried going CI? How did it go? What passives did you get? etc. Discuss.
Just takes practice of getting the mechanics of the fight down. Find out which order you prefer to kill them in, when to flask, when to warp, when to IC, etc.
"
LordRevan wrote:
There's not enough discussion about this build with CI, there's a similar-ish build going for Crit Arc with CI, but that thread contains more theory crafting than facts, so I'm reluctant to believe the DPS numbers or survivability chances. Has anyone tried going CI? How did it go? What passives did you get? etc. Discuss.

Problem is this evolves to the Righteous Arcer which is Uber-Atziri capable.

CI Arc will never be Uber capable.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
I will stand by what I posted earlier that this build is good, but requires lots of investment into farming the uniques and quality gems you need.

However it is very strong, but if you are not willing to die a few times to desync running aroud being rubber banded back every other lightning warp with your high cast speed then try it out.

I want to make an arc witch in the 4month coming up, but I will need to create a toon to support my addiction of farming.
"
LordRevan wrote:

It's not a bad idea to do Arc with CI, but not with this dual wield build. What is nice about CI for this is the Large amount of ES you can get on the Vertex. Run Clarity,Discipline, and Purity of Lightning. I just don't have the dexterity to run a high level Haste, so don't even bother so I can save points I would have had to use to lower mana reservation. I run Flame Burst in my 5L for Rares and Bosses. Use the Catalyst to run an Arc Totem to use its free Elemental Proliferate. Its not going to be as good Righteous Fire version, but it a very safe. What is especially nice is I can run half regen maps without a problem because of the Vertex.

Here is what I am using:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37BXK4IQB2MHpeaBc1MC48BUEVBJsrvWLJw74VWu4vdtGUSrpyvB84-mi3qio3_GHNzBxRGWL52TJy1HLL_sGA5IcLsW87QM3FdQQoauj_rDbeOE2RMmPEZx6rqfe4w2Fdfb54hrL2_hiIMJPI54unOz14ZHBrb3V8nwa1ZjwuxfapmaES8o-hXntMXrY-vugsfVTysKuJP56N53wQCnCAx92xqdrhVQj0YQfxB7GmwdFMae9UvkIvPd-tK-OrUEFy9dxobRRtfd8ySw7SBgbYCk4XOdgIuMBVs=

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info