1.1.2 Patch Notes

All these people crying fix snap shoting have no idea what there even talking about. So it get's fixed. Wear perma tabula. You all going to cry ggg remove tabula next?

Smoke mine nerf pretty much makes summoners unplayable for people who used it. Going back to the retarded AI will be so tedious!
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
"
DonVadim wrote:
Everything is great !

Now all i want is a fix to snapshot "mechanic" (or rather exploit).

Why is it an exploit? Do you kids even have a reason to call it an exploit?

Because it allows certain builds to virtually get multiple additional item slots ?
Also why do you call others "kids" ?
Last edited by DonVadim on Apr 7, 2014, 4:09:11 AM
"
Reduced the drop rate of Vaal Orbs.

Fantastic, another currency that will only be usable by those who can play 10 hours a day. Fuck you, GGG. Seriously. I've been playing the game since closed beta and it's worse and worse every day... You are so obsessed with balancing it for trade that you forget to make a fun game.
You know why there are more and more people playing Diablo 3? Because they removed that stupid auction house and now the game is fun and enjoyable again, because you ACTUALLY find INTERESTING loot.

I'm sick. For two years I've been defending and promoting PoE against that shit that was D3 and now you've ruined the game so much it's the other way round.
Hotfix some love for dominating blow users, smoke mine nerf hits harder db than pure summoners
I dont understand all the hate for summoners I see. Do you people not understand that minions are both a summoners main/only damage and survivability? I mean not being able to control your minions is as if your weapon/main skill gem just randomly fall from your hand and decide to run back behind a wall as you're running up to the boss of the map or a rogue exile.

Also as it stands minions are shit without using any of the summoner uniques and, since 90% of these are low level and horrible stats, you massively gimp yourself while wearing them.

This actually makes another problem that relates to smoke mine. It SUCKS when your minions die and they die a lot because they are absolutely retarded. You might think, well just summon some more, but assuming snapshotting was used to get them in the first place, so that they are strong and that the player is strong, its not that easy. So without either massively improved AI, or a way for minions to be micromanaged better and easier, playing summoner is much more annoying. And if snappshotting were removed without adding some high end versions of summoner uniques, summoners would be dead.
ok, after reading 4 pages of b*tching about game support and patches i have to throw in my thoughts on this

i love the evangelist nerf, it was just insane
the smoke mine change is ok, i didn't know about that mechanic but i really think there should be something to make your minions come to you, i think adding this to lightning warp would really be a good idea, my GF's summoner has about 20 minions now on lvl 37 and it's already getting hard to manage them, adding some i wouldn't add some WoW-Hunter-like "aggressive, defensive, passive" stuff but having the ability to teleport your minions to you would be good

keep going, GGG!
"
DexDeus wrote:
I assume GGG read reactions to patch notes and so there is something i particularly want to address that I have not seen anyone else mention.

Sometimes, some patch notes need more explanation. While I agree that for some things its fun to find out for yourself such as vendor recipes or NEW invasion bosses, others it's not.

Specifically in this patch i want to draw attention to the rebalancing of invasion bosses.

Now, high level, it's going to be a rough ride making sure i can still do the ones i know i can do. I would have liked to have seen more information about specifics. IE which invasion bosses have you tuned and by what amount.

Thats my feedback.

+1

GGG don't keep us in the dark!
"
DonVadim wrote:
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
"
DonVadim wrote:
Everything is great !

Now all i want is a fix to snapshot "mechanic" (or rather exploit).

Why is it an exploit? Do you kids even have a reason to call it an exploit?

Because it allows certain builds to virtually get multiple additional item slots ?
Also why do you call others "kids" ?

So? Summoners get extra utility and can level more useless gems, boohoo. It's not an exploit and it's not overpowered. And I call kids kids when they whine about something like a kid would, aka purely because they can't have something or they don't like it.
"
kasub wrote:
"
But seriously, what is the argument being made here? In what way does the description of smoke mine suggest its a Summon Minion spell?

This nerf was a long time coming. Did you not recognize that when you first learned of the fact that you could use(abuse?) smoke mine as a Summon Minion?

The whole point is that it's not an overpowered gem. I can understand devs did not intend smokemine to do this but it was a great quality of life usage. It made summoners much more fun to play and made natural bad pet pathing manageable.

Summoners have every right to be upset when no alternative is offered. Many map layouts work againt summoners and are not fun to play. I know I personally will avoid maps like tunnel, labyrinth at all costs.

I don't consider this a "nerf". I consider it devs fixing a bug for an unintended mechanic. It's still odd they'd prioritize this without at least tossing summoners a bone. Controlling summons is really tedious.

ok so lets say you use fireball.
so your fireball gets stuck and you can't use it. smoke mine made it so you could get your fireball unstuck and use it. I'm sorry ggg has bad minion pathing but smoke mine fixed this, but now that is screwed thanks ggg
p.s i love that orb salers are now pm in the forums their webs sites.
Last edited by JcFreak on Apr 7, 2014, 4:14:10 AM
i dont see what is so gamebreaking about being able to reposition your summons with
smokemine

it was a challenge to take on some invasion bosses, that with good game play i could beat them with smoke mine
Now need to skip these bosses because with no way to move my minions i will lose all my summons and no boss is worth if you if need to go and resummon your spectres

now add that they get stuck all over the place

ggg must thought it was to strong for some reason im curious about these reasons

Last edited by NoeNoe on Apr 7, 2014, 4:15:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info