Zeno's Bino's Kitchen Knife Crit ST/Reave build. 1.1.4.

Kind of curious why in your passive tree you take two dex nodes to get through the Shadow area instead of using one to go through Coordination. You still get 20 dex, but you also gain 3% attack speed and some cast speed for curses, etc.
"
Zeno666 wrote:
Yeah i've considered it, but again stuff tends to die before the charges even matter. If the game offered harder content it might be more worth losing initial damage to gain the charges.

With a slightly augmented tree i can hit 95% crit chance with just 3 charges pretty easily. If i ran my tree that way i would use the charges for sure. but until i hit 95%, investing into raw damage feels stronger.
I actually thought of that after I posted, the damage potential is higher, but when you're already hitting that hard it's just overkill and having the consistent damage is a good way to go. Thanks for the quick feedback!
IGN: Dmillz
Could we get a video of u farming level 74+ maps with this build? (at least one)
And one more question,, u use 4link reave for poisoning everything and then killing with 6link spectral throw right?
Bandits (40hp/18psy dmg/power charge) ?

And can u check this out? pushed to the maximum (got altrady 75lvl ranger, just need to respec)

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgIAAF4EfgSxBX0F-QbpCC4JIQ5ID8QRlhXwFr8YvRmOGtsbrR6BIuoj9iQ8JP0mlSdhJ6kppStvMgE6WDt8PeJI7klRSn1LjUxgTipVS1bqVvVW-lpIWm1br2HiYqxjQ2egbXtwUnBWcNV4rn11feN_xocZh3aH24hCjDaQCpAblWaX0JoTmyabjZ2WnaOdqqKjo4qmf6dcr-uxs7IZskS0xbVIt9O4yrk-uXy748BRwcXC7MSizerPetN-1QDWndfL2j3bbtvU3Q3e9uOE51TndOjW6f7rFO1B7YPuDu_w8uHz6vyr_MX-uv8c
Last edited by Halava on Apr 9, 2014, 3:00:29 AM
"
Drakqt wrote:
Kind of curious why in your passive tree you take two dex nodes to get through the Shadow area instead of using one to go through Coordination. You still get 20 dex, but you also gain 3% attack speed and some cast speed for curses, etc.

The tree isn't 100% finished because i'm only 88, but ill be getting that frenzy charge and i don't need the duration because i run blood rage. Getting coordination means i have to spend 2 nodes to get the frenzy charge. Around level 93 i'd respec out and get coordination. It also had to do somewhat with the progression through the tree while i was leveling.

In general i tend not to heavily edit my tree until level 90 or so. I only do this because i often see multiple improvements i can make and want to have adequate points available to do what i want.

"
Dmillz wrote:
"
Zeno666 wrote:
Yeah i've considered it, but again stuff tends to die before the charges even matter. If the game offered harder content it might be more worth losing initial damage to gain the charges.

With a slightly augmented tree i can hit 95% crit chance with just 3 charges pretty easily. If i ran my tree that way i would use the charges for sure. but until i hit 95%, investing into raw damage feels stronger.
I actually thought of that after I posted, the damage potential is higher, but when you're already hitting that hard it's just overkill and having the consistent damage is a good way to go. Thanks for the quick feedback!

No problem.

"
Halava wrote:
Could we get a video of u farming level 74+ maps with this build? (at least one)
And one more question,, u use 4link reave for poisoning everything and then killing with 6link spectral throw right?
Bandits (40hp/18psy dmg/power charge) ?

And can u check this out? pushed to the maximum (got altrady 75lvl ranger, just need to respec)

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgIAAF4EfgSxBX0F-QbpCC4JIQ5ID8QRlhXwFr8YvRmOGtsbrR6BIuoj9iQ8JP0mlSdhJ6kppStvMgE6WDt8PeJI7klRSn1LjUxgTipVS1bqVvVW-lpIWm1br2HiYqxjQ2egbXtwUnBWcNV4rn11feN_xocZh3aH24hCjDaQCpAblWaX0JoTmyabjZ2WnaOdqqKjo4qmf6dcr-uxs7IZskS0xbVIt9O4yrk-uXy748BRwcXC7MSizerPetN-1QDWndfL2j3bbtvU3Q3e9uOE51TndOjW6f7rFO1B7YPuDu_w8uHz6vyr_MX-uv8c

I can make some videos soon but my computer has been suffering. Ill stream a little today and solo some 75+ maps and try and make a video.

For bandits i went Oak/Oak/Kill because i don't need the power charge. But if you want to get it then it's a great option as well.

That tree looks good. More defensive than mine with the block nodes which is great. Looks really solid if you have gear to back it up.
Last edited by Zeno666 on Apr 9, 2014, 1:00:47 PM
Waiting for videos,, still cant decide about this build,, want to see it in action before purchasing items,, anyway got already almost max rolled binos and rats nest ;)

i can kill everything fast with ur build.dps spectral throw 4.5k with lmp/reave 15.2k al with hatred ,crit chance is 58.8 %

my level is 71 now

my feedback

(i play always with party .i hate soloing and no fun)

1.mana is a big issue .even with 6 percent life leech unable to maintain mana long (not running grace)
2.my evasion is at 38 phy dmg reduction . with this dmg reduction cant tank or take dmg for 5 to 6 seconds .my life is 3750 now.

3.now about now life regen from bino(from experience playing in a party)

when i attack a large pack of mobs i rarely get the life regen about three times

but when about to kill boss i dont know how to tank with reave.i use instead spectral throw with life gain on hit,without these gem setup i cant facetank dom/piety in quests.

i dont have mings heart to afford/cant use bloodrage to leech .

i never use reave dont why becuase i kill everything with spectral throw itself
point of view is that life leeck/loh on gears/links is a must unless u can afford mings heart where u can use bloodrage to leech

any tips to improve my gears .my resist sucks in cold at 40 %
"
gokulnath wrote:

i can kill everything fast with ur build.dps spectral throw 4.5k with lmp/reave 15.2k al with hatred ,crit chance is 58.8 %

my level is 71 now

my feedback

(i play always with party .i hate soloing and no fun)

1.mana is a big issue .even with 6 percent life leech unable to maintain mana long (not running grace)
2.my evasion is at 38 phy dmg reduction . with this dmg reduction cant tank or take dmg for 5 to 6 seconds .my life is 3750 now.

3.now about now life regen from bino(from experience playing in a party)

when i attack a large pack of mobs i rarely get the life regen about three times

but when about to kill boss i dont know how to tank with reave.i use instead spectral throw with life gain on hit,without these gem setup i cant facetank dom/piety in quests.

i dont have mings heart to afford/cant use bloodrage to leech .

i never use reave dont why becuase i kill everything with spectral throw itself
point of view is that life leeck/loh on gears/links is a must unless u can afford mings heart where u can use bloodrage to leech

Well your gear is pretty good but i'd advise against using the Perandus shield. You can get more life, resists and evasion on a rare shield which will help a lot.

I used Romira's banquet and i like it but i think a rare ring with life+Resists might make you tankier.

I also advise using blood magic if you can't sustain the mana cost of a 6 link spectral throw. Sustaining a 6 link attack on mana is difficult. You could also help this by getting some mana or Int on gear if you can manage it.

As far as the heal, since you only get it when you get the last hit you won't get in all the time in a party which can be difficult.

Rat's nest+Maligaros will also improve your DPS by a lot.
"
gokulnath wrote:
Your amulet sucks. You should upgrade this for one with high resists (cold/chaos) and life leech (2-4%). Get a better shield, you can get more cold/chaos resist on this. Also look into switching out some of your overcapped resists for other gear with chaos resist on it. My Invasion character has 100%+ all resists and +30% chaos resists without Mings just from my gear (all worth less than 1 exalt combined).

You obviously have a ton of currency looking at your gear. Get a good resist shield, amulet, and ring all with chaos on it. Then get Rat's Nest helm and Maligaro's Virtuosity gloves. You'll have more DPS and way more survivability and you should be able to run Blood Rage.
IGN: Dmillz
Really cool build
@Bonefide
@TUYOSHI
i disagree with you opinion on crest of perandus, well to a certain point

if you dont need resistances(outside of lightning), crest of perandus will beat any shield that isn't a GG Evasion shield with gg eavasion and 36% block chance for a block+eavsion build

and if you're not playing in standard where there's plenty of GG shields with 36% block and 1k+ eavsion it might be hard to find something that's better in 4-month leagues

i value that 40% block chance much higher than getting a 32% block with high evasion that would give you maybe 3-5% evasion depending on tree, not to mention what the extra life leech would mean for a phys build

with a 32% shield that gives extra 4% chance to evade you'd have 4% less effective mitigation and even such shield would not be cheap, crest is 1-2c

it trumps all the mediocre shields by far as long as you invest in block nodes

i was looking for a shield to replace it on ambush and there's not many better ones that would suit me, not good enough to give up the block chance and life leech

again, i repeat my disclaimer, that's as long as you don't need extra resistances and 30% lightnign is enough for you because you have good res on other pieces of gear

i'd advise crest for everyone who can afford to run it resistance wise until they can afford a gg shield with 36% block chance and 1k+ evasion with life
IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Apr 11, 2014, 8:54:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info