[0.10.0] Build of the Week submissions

You'd be amazed at how fast stuff burn with 3 shocks stacks and double curses :)

And thanks for telling me my mistake, I fixed it.

It is actually pretty easy to know when a fireball crit since it play a special sound and there's a screen shake (maybe you got sound and screenshake disabled?)
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Is GGG still doing BotW videos?

anyways going to submit mine, dual ice spear totem with several different variations. Favourite one being spectres variation. Goal is for unbreakable defense and offence abilities and absolute versatility in map mods, solo or party play.

here is my thread for more info: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/61726

ign: fastlevelfour

IGN: hyperculler (torment)
Last edited by hypershatter on Feb 24, 2013, 10:15:56 PM
Dual Totem Dual Curse Ethereal Knives Witch

IGN : Aethelie, level 75

Gameplay Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ-HCXdGo-0

Passive Tree

Passives

Notable Keystones

Ancestral Bond, Eldritch Battery, Hex Master, Whispers of Doom

Gear

Spoiler

Stats

Spoiler
Hp: 3241
Sheet Dps : 3523.2
Linked Skills : Ethereal Knives, Spell Totem, Added Fire Damage, Faster Projectiles and Faster Casting
Armour : 1204
Evasion : 482
Resistance : % 37 fire, % 56 cold % 58 lightning % -60 chaos
Mana : 2374
Mana regen : 94.1

I picked 40 hp and %12 physical damage increase from bandits.

Gameplay

- Since Dual Totems helps you survive much efficiently , I don't focus on defense stats.
- Two Curses I use are Projectile Weakness, Vulnerability and Temporal Chains against bosses and mobs with haste.
- Auras I run are Clarity, Haste, Discipline, Hatred
- General idea behind this build is killing two seperate mob groups at the same time with dual totems.

Pros

- Although, defense is too low on stats, using Dual Totems helps survivability much more efficient than focusing on Defense.
- Crowd control
- Decent dps
- 2 Curses
- One of the biggest downside of Ethereal Knives is it may kill you in 1 shot against reflect physical mobs. With dual totems, you no longer have to worry about them.
- Mana Cost. Mana is consumed only when spawning totems.
- No face tanking.

Cons

- Lack of Dexterity for Ethereal Knives. You have to find items with dexterity mods.
- Cast Speed.
- Depends on gear.
- Build grows slowly at early levels.

Last edited by zekerferc on Feb 25, 2013, 7:20:36 PM
Bump and sticky. Let's get some more submissions in!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/166170

Dual Righteous fire totems. Build stil at work, will add more vids with better quality later on.
Last edited by naturalbad on Feb 26, 2013, 11:19:46 PM
Old post here http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/87893/page/7#p1503901

IGN: SwampAssKing
Class: Templar
Build: Elemental Machine Gun
Level: 57

A build that focuses on using quill rain with elemental hit and elemental equalibrium. It's fairly simple but very effective, only requiring a single attack skill and no setup on regular enemies. Attack speed stacks incredibly well, the downside is that this is an incredibly mana hungry build, requiring eldritch battery, the templars early mana regen passives, mana regen on gear and the clarity aura with inner force.

Gear: 5 link GGGRR armour with energy shield and max mana, which I was super lucky to be able to trade for. Goldwyrm boots for the 60% mana regen bonus. All other pieces of gear that can have mana regen need it, all pieces of gear that can have weapon elemental damage need it. No piece of gear can have added base damage other than physical. I currently use Goldrim for a helmet but hope to upgrade to Asenath's Mark for more attack speed and mana.

Skills: Elemental hit with the weapon elemental damage, faster attacks, lesser multiple projectiles and reduced mana support gems; clarity, haste and grace with a reduced mana support gem; frenzy with a blind support gem; decoy totem; molten shell, elemental weakness with an increased duration gem; and a purity aura that I won't be using until I replace my Goldrim hat.

Gameplay: Lay down a decoy totem, cast elemental weakness and start shooting. Fire off a few frenzies when up against rares or bosses. I often don't need mana potions as my mana regen is 151 per second while firing 5 shots a second at 44 mana with a ~500 mana total. Cast molten shell when up against shield charge/flicker strike users. Speed is key!

Current skill tree:

I'll soon be taking the elemental damage nodes in the middle, then heading to the attack speed ones on the right of them. Likely take all the accessable life nodes then head down to the mana flows and fury bolts nodes while picking up mana regen and accuracy along the way. Also the totem life node for my ever necessary decoy.

I think the build's unique because it uses a low level unique, stacks attack speed, deals only elemental damage of all 3 types and requires a ton of mana to use but deals huge amounts of damage when balanced correctly. It's not the most interesting to show off, but to make it was a lot of fun.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Last edited by Wooser69 on Feb 27, 2013, 10:30:31 PM
Let's see if I can make this look professional now... ^^

IGN: DeflagratioNorre But please, just call me Norre^^

**I will feature a tl:dr version at the end of the post, if you wish to save time just read up on that real quick <3**

The build I wish to talk about is a Explosive Arrow Marauder, currently featuring a Quill Rain in order to level easier (currently level 59 and i will most probably update this post when I reach map stage (IF I reach map stage, I'm afraid of merciless Piety (this is a hardcore build btw (I will stop with the brackets now I promise!))))

The build is doing extremely well as it stands right now and has been strong ever since I managed to pick up blood magic so I could support the cost of Explosive Arrow, the use of a Quill Rain did not make the cost more bearable I assure you.

My gear is:

Spoiler

The jewelry have added rariry and quantity as I'm currently farming fellshrine, and it doesn't really matter as most of my gear is kinda shait and it reflects quite well that you can still pull out crazy numbers without crazy gear.

With that said, just about all of your gear choices goes towards making yourself more survivable, HP, resistances, evasion and armor anything that helps you not die is worth keeping a look out for, later on when Quill Rain might be replaced (Needs a good bow for that) looking for a bit of damage on jewelry might not be the worse decision.

My current passive skill tree is as follows

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEABLMFLQ48FE0ZLhmFGjgaVRpsJIskqiftKU826DbpOlI62DwtPQ9GaU3YTeNQUFRJWGNYr18_YEthIWSjdO14DXq4eu98u331gW-Cm4TvhymMdozPkFWdrp48ogCnCKeEqW6sWa6TtfK3PrndxBXE9sauxtjUj9rd37_jauQi51LsOO8O8i_zcfZI_o8=

And I'm currently on the hunt for more survivability as the damage this build is dishing out is enough to almost make me cry if I use the wrong attacks against reflect mobs. If i can ever find a good enough bow with +2 bow gems and some extra elemental damage (lightning +1) I will probably pick up static blows aswell, otherwise im almost scared to get more damage at this point^^. Atleast in the form of elemental, I would not mind more physical and with the amount of strength i have iron grip might be a worthwhile investment since it is so close to where I am currently ^^

The strongest point of this build is by far its killing speed when faced with alot of enemies, due to Explosive Arrow being linked with Greater Multiple Projectiles and Increased Area of Effect, you will infilct 5 instaces of 5 stacked explosions in a large area.
With only 1 +10% damage passive one explosion takes out about half of a rares hp (unless they are massive stone golems, but thats to be expected^^)
With Quill Rain it takes about 1.5 seconds to stack up 5 charges and 1 extra second of waiting before you are able to decimate (and I'm not kidding when I say this) about half a screen filled with enemies. This means reflect damage is scary, and Elemental hit+Bear traps are able to take care of those aswell as makes your single target damage alot stronger.

*RANT* Please consider changing it so the 6th charge and upwards dont reset the duration, while it's cool to be able to turn around and say "Cool guys dont look at explosions" the first few times, haveing to cease attacking in order to kill gets kind of annoying after a while ^^ *END RANT*

I am leveling a skeleton totem on the side, mostly due to fear of decoy totem having been over nerfed, but after seeing one in action at higher levels i have decided to start leveling a decoy instead as it will do a better job of clumping up enemies, making it easier to tag them all with Explosive Arrow.

It should be noted that Explosive Arrow is a rather gem cheap and passive tree cheap ability for AoE. It does cost a hell of a lot of mana to use tho, but it could be used as a supplement for another build, and isn't required to be the main point of your character as it is in my case.

Also, I'd be happy to answer any questions that might have arisen either PM me on forums or ingame^^

TL:DR VERSION

Explosive Arrow Marauder, using Quill Rain until improvement is found. Bear traps and elemental hit for single target, deals HUGE amounts of AoE damage (enough to give you nightmares of reflect damage packs) Hardcore build
Explosive Arrow linked with Greater Multiple Projectiels and Increased Area of Effect means you get 5 massive explosions which levels cities (Sarn Ruins new area in act4?)
Very flexible build. Answering any and all questions (including personal shoe size) via PMs on forum/ingame <3

Hope you enjoyed the (to?) long read, hopefully it was worth it <3.
7 frenzy charge physical bow ranger. self explanatory. fast attacks, almost no mobs resist physical. uses pure evasion with arrow dodging!! That alone to me makes this build fun

IGN AmpDecay_R

here is my build

tree

Items

Spoiler

S L O W E R
Last edited by ampdecay on Feb 28, 2013, 4:36:39 PM
And my third submission:

Name: OninGR
Build: Dual Leech Melee

This build was inspired by a forum thread, suggesting to combine The Covenant unique with Life Steal On Hit and Ghost Reaver in order to make up for the Blood Magic downside. So, that's exactly what I did.

The build uses mass Evasion, Covenant as only source of ES, Ghost Reaver with Life Leech on gear, and Life Gain On Hit on all my attacks. The aim is to support between 40 and 50% Evasion (which at this level would be easy, though I hear at 77 it's impossible to break the 40% mark), then support that evasion with enough HP, the bonus ES, and the dual leech to be exceptionally tanky for what would otherwise be a very squishy build.

Dual Strike and Cleave are obvious picks for main skills, giving the highest physical damage per hit while dualwielding. Flicker Strike helps with mobility, Enfeeble helps making Evasion actually useful. With the amount of leech I have, health flasks are almost not necessary anymore, giving room for 2 Granite Flasks and 1 Quicksilver Flask.

I'll admit, currently my build is actually pretty weak, because my Evasion isn't up to slack and especially my HP is too low to handle A3 Merciless. My Chaos Resistance is also a massive issue right now, although most sources of Chaos damage can be handled.
The biggest issue of all, though, is sources of damage that ignore Evasion. Killing Vaal was extremely difficult simply because his Construct adds can't be Evaded, can't be quickly Cleaved down, and can't really be mitigated with Granite Flasks. I literally have no form of defense to protect against those bastards ._.
Last edited by 0nin on Mar 1, 2013, 8:36:53 PM
Here's a build I kind of came up with on the spot once I hit level 53, so it's not optimal. It's pretty fun though. There's not a lot of requirements for it outside of the unique weapon.

Character: Iglaine
Infractem Frost Wall

Gear:

* Used for piercing projectiles.

Skills:
Frost Wall + Spell Totem + Increased Duration + Faster Casting

Lightning Arrow + Greater Multiple Projectiles + Lesser Multiple Projectiles + Life Gain on Hit + whatever else you want (I use Faster Attacks)
* Only one of the multiple projectiles is needed, I just like stacking both.

Poison Arrow + Lesser Multiple Projectiles + whatever else you want (I use Blind)
* Could use GMP but I don't have another one of those.

Passives:
Level 55
* The most important part of this is to pick up Blood Magic. The rest is personal choice.

Gameplan:
Basically the idea is to put down the Frost Wall totem and it will start casting walls at enemies, making it hard for them to reach you. With the Infractem bow, you can shoot through the walls at the enemies to deal damage while being mostly safe. I use Lightning Arrow because if they're right next to the wall when Lightning Arrow pierces through it, they'll take damage from the Lightning Arrow's pseudo-chain effect. Then they will get hit by the Lightning Arrow itself, doing twice extra damage. With multiple walls up, the number of strikes can get pretty high. I also use Poison Arrow because it will trigger a poison cloud for each wall hit, which can stack up multiple times. Life Gain on Hit is used for sustain as Life Leech will not work.

Pros:
* Good in tight spaces such as dungeons as Frost Wall will completely block enemies from reaching you.
* Defense stats outside of HP become less important as enemies shouldn't be hitting you as often.

Cons:
* Poor party play. People don't like it when Frost Walls get in the way of their attacks. I can't imagine why... I usually just swap to a different totem when playing in parties.
* Not so great in open spaces. Faster enemies can run around the walls. Faster Casting helps somewhat, but is not a foolproof solution.

As I said, the build is not optimal. I would probably spec more into attack speed if I had to do this over. Fortunately my character is only level 55 so I can start on that pretty soon.
IGN: Sanaki, Iglaine, Talaysen, Champloo, KanjiTatsumi, LudwigGiovanniArland

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info