[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

because bm on lvl 1 got 245% mana multi. without bm ur curse cost only 200 like ur totems. try to lose any hp with skill spam and over 400 regen. trust me u cant
For those of you who went two curses, which ones do you use? Flamm + Elemental Weakness are no brainers, but I wonder about dropping EW for Enfeeble or Temporal Chains. I imagine the survival boots for you and your totems would be excellent, but on the other hand resummoning isn't exactly a huge deal. Anyone have an experience playing around with which two curses to use?
Drop the liferegen on tree or some hp to make the regen heal less. And then spam the curse before boss is going low life and pop divination and swap cull. It's easy ad hell and I did it before i ripped my 77 in beyond due to not knowing the maps. Never really done them so rolled double boss on a museum map which made them 6 xD
Hey guys. I think you'll all like this build. I've just hit level 84 and have tried many different things in the passive tree now (hardcore)

I've come to realize that the best way to go is a full commitment to the damage nodes near the start of the witch tree. It is superior to the points spent on Arsonist/Shamanistic Fury.

PASSIVE TREE:
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEABAcGoBDMFCAUcRZvGJEaOB0UHwIkqicvJ-0qEyqNK7YspzWSNtg26TpYPC09_D8nSRtKxErIT31QR1FgVbVVxlhjWfNaK18_ZIRmnmwWbqpyqXhpfuKAVoPbhxmMRozPj0aQVZuhns2j8qcwp4SsmKyqtfK3PsAawQTE9sauxtjYvd-_42rjn-oY7FXvDvFs9kj2rvcy99f4k_jr-tL8S_4KMjSvt4dlEFgsnFWughCPpkSr37DyLyku8ax8uFRJGj75vcQVpwja3Q==

CURRENT GEAR:
Spoiler

CURRENT STATS:

HP: 5010
Armour: 5941
40% block
20% spell block
Resist: 91 108 99 wearing Dual Andvarius (IIR: 224%)
370/190/90 SRT/INT/DEX

TOOLTIP DPS:
1739.6 (essentially a 4L as I'm using IIR gem)
Flame Totem 20% (18)
Faster Casting (17)
Fire Penetration 20% (17)
Greater Multiple Proj (13) - Limited by dexterity
Item Rarity (17)

EXTRA NOTES:
* I got +30DEX and +30INT nodes as my gear isn't giving me enough to use my wand and GMP.
* I plan to spend the next levels getting dual curse and then filling the life node circle.
* I take armour nodes I feel the extra damage reduction is useful for higher level maps.
* When I get a 6L I will test dropping blood magic, using a blood magic gem, and running triple purity aura's.
* Current resists are well over max so I am now free to look for gear that has IIR and not so high resist.

QUESTIONS:
* What are people doing when they get Mortal Conviction?
* What are some examples of better weapon/shield combinations?
* Using the masters, what is the best thing I could craft for my belt? (which has 5 stats)

I would love some comment and critique on what I am doing. I have messed around many regret orbs since the patch and I feel very optimized right now. This is the first build I have ever posted and would like to improve if if possible.

Thanks guys!
Last edited by CupcakeKitty on Sep 2, 2014, 12:35:16 AM
"
Hey guys. I think you'll all like this build. I've just hit level 84 and have tried many different things in the passive tree now (hardcore)

I've come to realize that the best way to go is a full commitment to the damage nodes near the start of the witch tree. It is superior to the points spent on Arsonist/Shamanistic Fury.

PASSIVE TREE:
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEABAcGoBDMFCAUcRZvGJEaOB0UHwIkqicvJ-0qEyqNK7YspzWSNtg26TpYPC09_D8nSRtKxErIT31QR1FgVbVVxlhjWfNaK18_ZIRmnmwWbqpyqXhpfuKAVoPbhxmMRozPj0aQVZuhns2j8qcwp4SsmKyqtfK3PsAawQTE9sauxtjYvd-_42rjn-oY7FXvDvFs9kj2rvcy99f4k_jr-tL8S_4KMjSvt4dlEFgsnFWughCPpkSr37DyLyku8ax8uFRJGj75vcQVpwja3Q==

CURRENT GEAR:
Spoiler

CURRENT STATS:

HP: 5010
Armour: 5941
40% block
20% spell block
Resist: 91 108 99 wearing Dual Andvarius (IIR: 224%)
370/190/90 SRT/INT/DEX

TOOLTIP DPS:
1739.6 (essentially a 4L as I'm using IIR gem)
Flame Totem 20% (18)
Faster Casting (17)
Fire Penetration 20% (17)
Greater Multiple Proj (13) - Limited by dexterity
Item Rarity (17)

EXTRA NOTES:
* I got +30DEX and +30INT nodes as my gear isn't giving me enough to use my wand and GMP.
* I plan to spend the next levels getting dual curse and then filling the life node circle.
* I take armour nodes I feel the extra damage reduction is useful for higher level maps.
* When I get a 6L I will test dropping blood magic, using a blood magic gem, and running triple purity aura's.
* Current resists are well over max so I am now free to look for gear that has IIR and not so high resist.

QUESTIONS:
* What are people doing when they get Mortal Conviction?
* What are some examples of better weapon/shield combinations?
* Using the masters, what is the best thing I could craft for my belt? (which has 5 stats)

I would love some comment and critique on what I am doing. I have messed around many regret orbs since the patch and I feel very optimized right now. This is the first build I have ever posted and would like to improve if if possible.

Thanks guys!

Mortal conviction is for herald of ice. 60% reduction + reduced mana. I dont run it personally yet. I eventually will once my herald of ice is high enough.

Scepter for leap slam for me. Scepter/spell dmg shield for more dmg. Scepter/tank shield for more survivability.

If you need dex, craft them to your gear. :p
Last edited by timboroks323 on Sep 2, 2014, 4:55:57 AM
Why do people link like almost the exact same builds just slightly different versions? Like adding the witch area dmg nodes doesn't make it a completely new build, it's just variations that have already been posted in a couple pages back. Someone likes to take more damage, someone likes to farm higher level maps solo so takes more life, etc etc...
Last edited by attiGT on Sep 2, 2014, 6:42:50 AM
"
JoeODanger wrote:
For those of you who went two curses, which ones do you use? Flamm + Elemental Weakness are no brainers, but I wonder about dropping EW for Enfeeble or Temporal Chains. I imagine the survival boots for you and your totems would be excellent, but on the other hand resummoning isn't exactly a huge deal. Anyone have an experience playing around with which two curses to use?

I went double curse with flammability and elemental weakness. I have CWDT using temporal chains, so when it procs I just use elemental weakness to keep the temporal chains on. I dont think we have enough gem sockets for an additional curse :)
"
buks wrote:
Why do people link like almost the exact same builds just slightly different versions? Like adding the witch area dmg nodes doesn't make it a completely new build, it's just variations that have already been posted in a couple pages back. Someone likes to take more damage, someone likes to farm higher level maps solo so takes more life, etc etc...

I'll explain it simply for you.

So people that come this thread can actually see what different people are doing. Would you rather everybody make their own thread for slight variations in build or just didn't post it at all?

I came here a few days ago and I looked over many different variations of the build. I found one that allowed me to farm fast and survive in high level maps and wanted to share my experience and discuss changes.

If you don't understand why people are posting build variations then I hope you do now :)
"
"
buks wrote:

I'll explain it simply for you.

So people that come this thread can actually see what different people are doing. Would you rather everybody make their own thread for slight variations in build or just didn't post it at all?

I came here a few days ago and I looked over many different variations of the build. I found one that allowed me to farm fast and survive in high level maps and wanted to share my experience and discuss changes.

If you don't understand why people are posting build variations then I hope you do now :)

I actually just modified my build a bit to go into the Witch start because it is better than down the center path like you said. This is exactly why people post builds like that, because tiny changes in the passive tree make a huge goddamn difference. It's a huge difference between an OK build and a fantastic build.
IGN: Dmillz
"

[snip]

How are you feeling your survivability is? I had been working towards a version much similar to the 1.2 preview posted in the first post, and was already feeling a little squishy (i don't really die, but I feel like hits do a lot of damage). I admit I don't have a CwDT setup up and running yet though, and I'm only level 62.

With that build, I had intended to continue down to Leather and Steel, and then pick up IR as well. I also eventually intended to wear Infernal Mantle once I get the needed INT, since I dropped one (lol), and it seems like it should help DPS quite a bit.

Your build is interesting to me because it looks like you're taking fewer defensive nodes. I do see that you're focusing more on armor, so I guess maybe the real question here is, how well is that working for you?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info