[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

This build is mainly for solo Magic Finding or as an Culler in party's, also solo Piety/Dominus farming/culling is very possible.
Its easy to start without any currency on this build and work yourself up to much currency and many uniques!

Patch 1.3.0 makes it alot easier for us to get some extra dps nodes @ templar, also seems we are getting more resistances.

More updates coming soon.

You can also use herald of thunder on life reservation to add some dps.

Been farming Piety/Dominus since lvl 75~ (dominus@1500tooltip dps)with an 5L and since then ive managed to 6L an Astral Plate with the currency i made farming. Have gotten myself (solo) an quite nice map pool up to 78's.

Solo'ed both Courtyard/Shrine/Shipyard with this build. (at invasion prime (blackspider/schapnelbearer)
Poorjoys Asylum solo'ed 1-may (including occecati)

shipyard temp chains
fps affects my gameplay abit while recording, normally abit smoother gameplay when not recording tho it wasnt hard rolled just an example how much dmg it potentially can deal while wearing MF gear.
My links are here FT>GMP>FasterCasting/Faster Projectiles/Fire Pen/Added Chaos

Temp chains only affects my moving/cast speed and not totem dps, the chaos degen mod on the map only makes my regen abit lower but that mod is always manageable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0khXUOWD4Q&feature=youtu.be

stats w/double andvarius

stats w/double andvarius

stats party play with aura's in ele weakness map(bit outdated)

dps totem

culling totem with flask on+shield

495iir/27iiq with flasked up and shield swap
452iir/27iiq with flask up

Heartbreaker is for group culling so i can keep in Faster Projectiles and swap added chaos to IIR, since im not there for dmg when group culling i also tend to swap Fire Pen to Life Leech for more uptime.
my gear atm

(working on chestpiece, first eternal exalt added +23cold res, aiming for 30+ cold res in future)

Leveling

You can level till around ~40/50 atleast however you like, go searing bond/leap slam+life gain hit or anything you prefer.
I actually leveled until around 45 with an 2Hander and LeapSlam+LoH, i also took an searing bond totem just to add some extra dps while i was leap slamming.

You can take BM pretty early if you like, i did take BM around lvl 25-27 if i remember correctly just because i hated going oom and losing time to pots.

What also works good is Flame Totem + Searing Bond because unlike SB the Flame Totem pulls aggro from mobs which makes you take no damage. Mostly its possible to place an searing bond through enemy's while they are hitting your flame totem.

Its good to spend some currency or your GCP's on quality Flame Totem, even at 10% it gives 15% Totem Life which is good when u arent at the totem nodes yet, before making the swap to full totem i would recommend you take the totem resist/life nodes under at templar.

Other then that it should be pretty straight forward, its an good build to start up with and gain wealth to either have fun crafting or gearing up chars/whatever you like to do with it.

Searing Bond will be stronger when leveling until FT hits an decent lvl ~17+ with 4L.

links
4L = FT,FasterCasting/GMP/FasterProj
5L = FT,FasterCasting/GMP/FasterProj/FirePen (or added chaos, but be sure to level both in offhand)
6L = FT,FasterCasting/GMP/FasterProj/FirePen/Added Chaos (Note that my lvl20 Added Chaos adds ~800dpsx5, which boosted my dmg from 1600tooltip to 2395)
Note:

This is not mandatory, you can play with the links abit if you like, some level without faster projectiles but i actually liked it alot, tooltip might not increase alot but the range is really helpful.

bandits
Take +40 life from Oak on Normal.
Kill all on cruel.
Kill all on merciless

If you ever manage to get an 6L its also possible to take out one of the gems and replace it with the BM gem, in that case you can run aura's tho you will lose dps ofcourse, but if you really want some aura's its possible through this way.

I would not recommend doing 4L Flame Totem with BM gem tho, this way the dps will stay too low so the BM gem is only an luxery if u got 6L and have high enough dps or go culling only.
Last edited by expjah on Feb 7, 2015, 9:55:20 PM
Looks really solid, how well do you reckon this would go with a 5link and maybe not so much armor on gear?
"
r3ddit wrote:
Looks really solid, how well do you reckon this would go with a 5link and maybe not so much armor on gear?

Quite well actually, before i got the astral i had around 8.5k armor with an 5L full armor (1000@q20) and like 85life/20cold res nothing else.

If i remember correctly on an 5L i had 1500x5 tooltip dps with FT/GMP/FasterC/FasterProj/FirePen, which was still enough to go through second phase of Dominus without portalling back to town (pots or to be sure).

I had more hp back then tho around 5500 since i had two resist rings with low rarity and both 70+life, now i got andvarius and 1 resist ring with no stam to cover it up. (later skillpoints will cover it up)

With the 5L i remember doing an 68 springs map with double exile (ended up triple exile) and the animate weapon invader, they all went down with the 5L, 2of these exiles were Igna Phoenix, also ran 71-72 maps.

Also you should not be the one thats tanking stuff, i like faster projectiles since it hits mobs from far away and improves the damage of it, gives them more aggro, if you are unsure of an room you can always pop the totems inside and wait till they dont fire anymore.
Last edited by expjah on Apr 4, 2014, 11:34:31 PM
Looks like an interesting build. I might use it for my next character. It would be cool to see some videos of you doing maps or whatever.
looks good, im lvling a flame totem char atm (rarity char) im like lvl 55 atm.
Our builds look pretty much the same, but im not sure yet if i wanna drop BM and grab hex master/whispers of doom and EB so i can run auras and double curse for when im grouping (idk if i'll be able to afford the mana cost for FT).
Btw is there any reason why you took the templar path down to totemic mastery? if you take the path from RT you save 1 point.
Also whats the totem mana cost as a 6L?

this is the build i had in mind

http://poeurl.com/yKIE5OT
IGN: The_Man_Among_Men
"
Talathor wrote:
looks good, im lvling a flame totem char atm (rarity char) im like lvl 55 atm.
Our builds look pretty much the same, but im not sure yet if i wanna drop BM and grab hex master/whispers of doom and EB so i can run auras and double curse for when im grouping (idk if i'll be able to afford the mana cost for FT).
Btw is there any reason why you took the templar path down to totemic mastery? if you take the path from RT you save 1 point.
Also whats the totem mana cost as a 6L?

this is the build i had in mind

http://poeurl.com/yKIE5OT

Im always up for suggestions since im still looking to improve my build, this could indeed also work but i actually like the 10dex node for now that i get trough templar path to totemic mastery. (Without that 10dex i would not be able to run lvl 20 GMP/FP atm.

Also as you can see on the tooltip the "mana" would be 356 atm, with 2gems on lvl 19 and 3on20,1 on 21.

Might be going for empower to check it out later.
Last edited by expjah on Apr 6, 2014, 9:01:54 PM
What weapons did you use with Leap Slam while leveling? ANd how would you change the build for Ambush if at all?
Last edited by nefczi on Apr 6, 2014, 4:46:07 AM
"
nefczi wrote:
What weapons did you use with Leap Slam while leveling? ANd how would you change the build for Ambush if at all?

Hmm, i don't think i would change the build for ambush much tho it can be done with abit less health nodes i guess and maybe go into static blows if you are using shock nova trap, or take an extra firedmg wheel. I leveled with an lvl 17 unique Hrimnor i think untill 30 and then had an normal phys 2H which i wisdomed myself. (150dps only or something)

Bought above ring today which puts me on 298 rarity on cull and 5383hp, yesterday ive cleared Academy (76 including boss), Shipyard (77), Precinct, Necropolis without any problems. (Also yellow rolled)

academy/shipyard screenshots for the moment

Also killed the fireballin goat on shipyard with ease.
Ill add some video's when i have time for them!
Last edited by expjah on Apr 6, 2014, 11:26:06 AM
"
ender9 wrote:
Looks like an interesting build. I might use it for my next character. It would be cool to see some videos of you doing maps or whatever.

Yea i can run some maps i guess and record them(prolly dominus run too), tho will be couple of days before they are up.
I still quite new to PoE.
I'm a little confused about the 2H sword? Why the links?
And why are we using the Nova trap?
And which Bandits do you choose?

-Lee.
Last edited by Leeown on Apr 7, 2014, 4:00:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info