! Important Notice from GGG ! hiring experienced graphics programmer [ 1st page - UPDATED ]

"
SkyCore wrote:
"
"
ampdecay wrote:
I just can't believe the dude they hired did them like that....

Happens all over the world. I know a dude who just started a job which he plans to quit after 3 months but his employer believes he's there for a long ride. Some people just have no idea what responsibility means.

You said it man, the slaves need to be put in their place. How dare they refuse to do as their masters expect them to.

I am not sure you know what 'slave' means.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
Happens all over the world. I know a dude who just started a job which he plans to quit after 3 months but his employer believes he's there for a long ride. Some people just have no idea what responsibility means.

It's usually the employers who are the shitbags. In the 90s and early 00s, I worked for a number of start-ups who did the hire & fire thing frequently (only affected me once, luckily), without remorse, without consideration. I don't blame people for taking advantage of better offers, because they ARE responsible for themselves and their families.

Also, you've only heard GGG's side of the events. I'm sure the guy's side differs.
"
Sneakypaw wrote:

Perhaps it was poorly worded. I just wished to express my contempt for anyone whom throws around the term 'responsibility'. Ill refrain from ranting on the systems of control which the majority blindly accept and just leave it at that.

For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
"
SkyCore wrote:
"
Sneakypaw wrote:

Perhaps it was poorly worded. I just wished to express my contempt for anyone whom throws around the term 'responsibility'. Ill refrain from ranting on the systems of control which the majority blindly accept and just leave it at that.

Then let's call it a sense of decency.

If someone hires you because they need a longterm employee and you take the job knowing that you will quit in a month or two, then you are not really a decent human being.

He could have hired and trained somebody who had the plan to stay.
You have to look from the programmer perspective.

Let's say you see a pile or gargabe code you must work with and the code is that bad that rewriting would take the same time without frustrations.

What would your taken action be?

"
Hilbert wrote:
You have to look from the programmer perspective.

Let's say you see a pile or gargabe code you must work with and the code is that bad that rewriting would take the same time without frustrations.

What would your taken action be?

Let's look from the programmer perspective.

Let's say you apply for a job at an indie development studio that wrote their own engine and had no graphics programmer with real experience until now.

What would you think is the code going to look like?
Last edited by Sneakypaw on Apr 3, 2014, 7:18:34 AM
"
Sneakypaw wrote:

If someone hires you because they need a longterm employee and you take the job knowing that you will quit in a month or two, then you are not really a decent human being.

REALLY?!

Your value system is so far away from anything which i could possibly term moral its astonishing. And the irony of you calling others 'not a decent human being'... Just wow.

How can you justify someone being forced to continue longterm suffering when they find they hate their job? How can you prioritize one single companies monetary temporary well being over that the longterm well being of an individual? How can you justify the denial of an individuals freedom(which is essentially what you suggest if a person were to remain 'decent' in your definition).

'Decency' in my book, means not labeling and judging others unjustly. Treating them as you would like to be treated yourself.

I think you should spend some time alone and truly think about morality.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Last edited by SkyCore on Apr 3, 2014, 7:23:30 AM
"
SkyCore wrote:
"
Sneakypaw wrote:

REALLY?!

Your value system is so far away from anything which i could possibly term moral its astonishing. And the irony of you calling others 'not a decent human being'... Just wow.

How can you justify someone being forced to continue longterm suffering when they find they hate their job? How can you prioritize one single companies monetary temporary well being over that the longterm well being of an individual? How can you justify the denial of an individuals freedom(which is essentially what you suggest if a person were to remain 'decent' in your definition).

'Decency' in my book, means not labeling and judging others unjustly.

I think you should spend some time alone and truly think about morality.

Who said anything about suffering?

Also, does the company not have other employees? What if the company has to close down because they can't fullfill their contracts because a vital post is not filled.

How can you prioritize one single persons temporary well being over the longterm well being of a dozen People.

And again. Nobody said anything about somebody leaving because he suffered.
Last edited by Sneakypaw on Apr 3, 2014, 7:27:23 AM
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
Let's say you apply for a job at an indie development studio that wrote their own engine and had no graphics programmer with real experience until now. What would you think is the code going to look like?

Just playing act3 could have told him that. ;)

Kidding aside, there are numerous reasons why he might have left. Maybe he didn't get along with people, didn't enjoy the atmosphere, got a substantially better offer, felt overwhelmed and unsuited after working with the code, etc.

Plenty of possible reasons that have little to do with a lack of decency or responsibility. We don't know. GGG seem like good folks to me, but all stories have more than one side. Whatever his reason for leaving quickly, I'm sure he had a valid reason.
"
Sneakypaw wrote:

Who said anything about suffering?

I apologize. I had a context in my mind of situations which werent so specific as your "knowing they were going to quit in a few months". I somehow glossed over that when i made that reply.
Yes knowing your not going to stick around but lying and saying you would is indeed not being a decent person.

But iv seen nothing in this particular instance to suggest that was indeed the case.

"
Sneakypaw wrote:

Also, does the company not have other employees? What if the company has to close down because they can't fullfill their contracts because a vital post is not filled.

Im not aware of such a case in the history of mankind... But even if there was such a case that one vital person was the key person in the organization, then why does that key person need to subject himself to being an employee? Why shouldnt he just start his own company. And whos to say the world wouldnt be better offer because of it?
Last edited by SkyCore on Apr 3, 2014, 7:32:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info