! Important Notice from GGG ! hiring experienced graphics programmer [ 1st page - UPDATED ]

"
SkyCore wrote:
"
Sneakypaw wrote:

I am not sure you know what 'slave' means.

Perhaps it was poorly worded. I just wished to express my contempt for anyone whom throws around the term 'responsibility'. Ill refrain from ranting on the systems of control which the majority blindly accept and just leave it at that.

I get scolded for my view on things all the time. For example, if I have an errand to run and I'd rather do it now then later, but can't, because I have to wait for someone to show up, and I ask when are they coming over, and the answer I get is "I don't know". To which I then say, "so, they are coming whenever they want?". To which I get the answer, "no, they will call first". To which I say, "so, they are coming whenever they want." -- because the phone call is not going to change the fact they are going to show up whenever they want not to mention there is no difference between waiting an unknown amount of time for a doorbell or phone to ring. But my wife doesn't see it that way. She sees the phone call as being kind and courteous and completely ignores the fact the people are going to show up whenever they get around to it.
"
SkyCore wrote:
"
Sneakypaw wrote:

Who said anything about suffering?

I apologize. I had a context in my mind of situations which werent so specific as your "knowing they were going to quit in a few months". I somehow glossed over that when i made that reply.
Yes knowing your not going to stick around but lying and saying you would is indeed not being a decent person.

But iv seen nothing in this particular instance suggest that was indeed the case.

No need to apologize.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
I don't feel like looking up Russels post but he said the dude left after a few months to go work on his own engine

So we know at least kind of know why he left
S L O W E R
"
ampdecay wrote:
I don't feel like looking up Russels post but he said the dude left after a few months to go work on his own engine. So we know at least kind of know why he left

Could mean that the guy and GGG had clashing ideas about how to fix the current engine. Perhaps he felt that starting from scratch would be best, but GGG wasn't willing to do that (cost, time, how it'd affect other employees, ego), so he said, "I really dig my idea and believe it'll be a phenomenal engine, so I'll do it on my own and license it out." and left. Coders can be tricky to work with. ;) All speculation.
My Radeon card approves this thread!
"
Mivo wrote:
"
ampdecay wrote:
I don't feel like looking up Russels post but he said the dude left after a few months to go work on his own engine. So we know at least kind of know why he left

Could mean that the guy and GGG had clashing ideas about how to fix the current engine. Perhaps he felt that starting from scratch would be best, but GGG wasn't willing to do that (cost, time, how it'd affect other employees, ego), so he said, "I really dig my idea and believe it'll be a phenomenal engine, so I'll do it on my own and license it out." and left. Coders can be tricky to work with. ;) All speculation.

Anyone going out to create a graphics engine on their own today, I wish them luck. There are too many goods ones out on the market, that will be improved upon while trying to get the new engine off the ground. 10 years ago, would be a lot easier.
"
"
ampdecay wrote:
I just can't believe the dude they hired did them like that....

Happens all over the world. I know a dude who just started a job which he plans to quit after 3 months but his employer believes he's there for a long ride. Some people just have no idea what responsibility means.

That's why you use contracts to safeguard yourself.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
tee hee I made anoder thread asplode.

Views change with life. I was seeing things from employee perspective only some time ago, but then once I started to have people under me I learned to appreciate people holding on to their word and agreed terms. I too wanted to quit a certain job for a long time but at least I had enough decency to find a replacement for my position and hand over my responsibilities to someone else instead of suddenly bailing out and leaving the company in a shitty position.

Yes I know, there are shit bosses and shit jorks, but there's a same amount of shitty employees all over the world. I have no idea what went in the GGG case but I just want to stress that similar situations are happening everywhere.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
"
Yes I know, there are shit bosses and shit jorks

My jork sucks.

OP; Hope they find someone soon!!
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
I've worked work d2 engine and many Bethesda game engine's on multiple things including adding animations and personal touch up's such as npc designing but somehow I have a bad feeling if I worked as a designer for PoE. :))
Any betrayal you can see is trivial, What is truly frightening and much more lethal is the
betrayal you cannot see.ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
_____________________________________IGN is Syphiroth_
this is a respected list for reasons.
rrtson

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info