Crit Ele Split Ripper - Fastest map clearer? You decide! Up to 95 crit

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/869795/page/6

Wrote about trying atziri with this build (vaguely).

TL;DR Possible but requires some practice
well this is just insane... I went ranger since i had the respec a bit squishy so you do need to be alert and not fire randomly & suicide.. at level 78 my split arrow is 31,575.5kdps .. i switched out chain for faster attack.

my tree @ 78
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAv4DlgR-BfkOSA-rD8QRlhOeFfAWvxmGGYoZ1RqPHNwdqiLqJP0mlSepKjgqTS2DL28wfDMMOdQ6WDsoO3w_J0ZxSshRR1VLX-FgQ2HiY0NrJG1sbXtuPW6qb55v8nBScLtw1X_GgwmHGYfbjDaNv5XplwabtZ2joJ-io6SRqW6sR6_rtDi1SLXyuMrAUcM6xKLKSsqP1QDZE9pk34ThiOOE5RnnVOd05-ro1usU6yzwQvF28-r22vkz-wn79fyr_94=

my gear: (hardly need the second 6link or any curses)

Last edited by AutoOrdnance on May 10, 2014, 2:13:18 AM
Spec, Running 3x60% with Alpha's Howl and Empower on Anger+Wrath
Spoiler
http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgIAAdEEfgW1DPIOSA-rD8QRlhXwGYoZ1RnXGo8a2xzcHaoj9iQ8JP0mlSepKlstgy9vMHwzDDY9OdQ6WDt8Ps9GcUlRSn1RR1VLVvpaSFptYeJirGNDZ6BtbG17b_JwUnC7fXV_xoMJhxmHdohrjDaNfY2_kyeXBp2jnaqgn6EioaSiQKKjpcunXKp_qriv67QMtDi1SLjKu-O95sBRxKLTftUA1p3ZE-GI4dvjhOUZ51TndO4O73rv8PBC8-r0-Pba-WP7Cfv1_Kv8xf66_sj_3g==

30.5k DPS Chain Split arrow. with power charges+frenzy stacks.

My gear
Spoiler

level 100 tree. bandit rewards 40 life / 8%atk speed / +1 power charge.
Spoiler
http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgIAAdEEfgW1DPIOSA-rD8QRlhXwGYoZtBnVGdcajxrbHNwdqiP2JDwk_SaVJ6kqWyzpLYMvbzB8Mww2PTZ7OdQ6WDt8Ps9GcUk7SVFKfVFHVUtW-lpIWm1e-mHiYqxjQ2egapNtbG_ycFJwu311f8aDCYcZh3aIa4w2jX2Nv4_6kyeXBp2jnaqgn6EioaSiQKKjpcunXKp_qriv67QMtDi0o7VIuMq7473mvqfAD8BRxKLK09JN037VANXt1p3W0dkT3Q3hiOHb44TlGedU53TuDu967_Dz6vT49tr5Y_sJ-_X8q_zF_rr-yP_e
Message Rimstars to contact me.
Last edited by Sowun on May 13, 2014, 4:51:44 AM
malthil my friend was thinking of doing a build like this for the week race. I did some testing on a free respec character and with level 17 gems and a 4 link trying to simulate a bad early economy i was doing around 4k dps split arrow with split-wed-pcoc-ll adding faster attacks boosted it quite a bit. Do you think prioritizing crit or atk speed on bows is more important as that is the issue with most non windripper ele bows.
Last edited by shnurr214 on May 10, 2014, 12:03:14 PM
So here's the thing, I keep dying. Now I acknowledge the fact that a certain number of my deaths are preventable, which is to say they were caused by me fucking up to some extent or another. However, the vast majority of my deaths seem like one shots or unlucky desyncs walking into rooms, or past obstacles.

I've been considering giving up a little damage to grab acrobatics, but I was hoping to get one of the more experienced windrippers to have a glance at my gear and tell me if there are any glaring weaknesses that could be improved to make up for my survivability issues.

My gear

My passives are nothing out of the ordinary, I'm level 85 and missing the int node and three 8%hp nodes behind bloodthirst from having the full suggested level89 spec.

Here's to you guys who are better at this game than me, hope you can help me out.
Can anyone give me numbers of this build using stormcloud at higher levels?
Im trying to work it out on poebuilder.com to see the damage before using windripper, but im getting some crazy high damage outputs that i have a hard time believing using the gear i have loaded.

13k SA, with no crit on gear using Split arrow, Blood Magic, Life Leech, Chain, Faster Attacks, WED.

If anyone has a storm cloud they can equip real quick to give me an idea, i would really appreciate it alot.

The reason I really don't trust those numbers is because I also used the buzz saw tree and have 13k SA.
But in game it's about 6k. Wondering where the calculations got wonky.
Last edited by wenlock on May 16, 2014, 1:45:10 PM
Tried running this on a phys/ele reflect map, kept getting rekt. What am I missing?

Are there any gem swap outs? This is on a 93 Scion I converted.
† You were a good man in a bad situation, Fairgraves. †
See what I am currently after here: 1767138
Thanks Chris! 2797098
With the uber Atziri's Gloves, what skill points can be moved around?
† You were a good man in a bad situation, Fairgraves. †
See what I am currently after here: 1767138
Thanks Chris! 2797098
Really fun build, but man some things just wreck me so fast it can get really frustrating. 15k SA, 43k EH, 4k health, capped res, and for the most part it's pretty simple nuking stuff before it can really harm me. I saw the advice, about the evangelist (or whichever the fudge mobs throw up those annoying shields) and it really helped...rushing them before they can really do too much.

Devoureres on the other hand are a pain. If too many of them swarm me, than I can't survive the initial 'hit' of them all popping from the ground so can't move to set up a shot and it's just frustrating. The other huge problem are exiles, shroud walkers, or any kind of boss mob that flicker strikes or teleports on top of me will one shot me, or damage me so badly I can't do anything, I just don't understand what I should be doing, running? So far I've never made a build so 'fragile' as this one, and maybe I'm just not quite understanding or used to how to play yet, but anyone's input would be appreciated.
"
Dumptruck89 wrote:
Really fun build, but man some things just wreck me so fast it can get really frustrating. 15k SA, 43k EH, 4k health, capped res, and for the most part it's pretty simple nuking stuff before it can really harm me. I saw the advice, about the evangelist (or whichever the fudge mobs throw up those annoying shields) and it really helped...rushing them before they can really do too much.

Devoureres on the other hand are a pain. If too many of them swarm me, than I can't survive the initial 'hit' of them all popping from the ground so can't move to set up a shot and it's just frustrating. The other huge problem are exiles, shroud walkers, or any kind of boss mob that flicker strikes or teleports on top of me will one shot me, or damage me so badly I can't do anything, I just don't understand what I should be doing, running? So far I've never made a build so 'fragile' as this one, and maybe I'm just not quite understanding or used to how to play yet, but anyone's input would be appreciated.

CwDT-Enduring-Immortal Call-Increased Duration is perfect to give you a precious 2-3 seconds of physical immunity when for instance a huge pack of devourers spawn on you or you get rapidly flickered.

Past that, it is a question of using the right flasks at the right time - activating a Jade and Granite under huge physical damage will mitigate that threat entirely.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info