Crit Ele Split Ripper - Fastest map clearer? You decide! Up to 95 crit

"
CwDT-Enduring-Immortal Call-Increased Duration is perfect to give you a precious 2-3 seconds of physical immunity when for instance a huge pack of devourers spawn on you or you get rapidly flickered.

Past that, it is a question of using the right flasks at the right time - activating a Jade and Granite under huge physical damage will mitigate that threat entirely.

Thanks for response. I have my CwDT set up, but I gave what OP has in his a shot with Decoy Totem in place of Increased Duration, and it surprised me in how well it works. I'll give Increased Duration a shot, and see if it works better for me though. Also just re rolled staunching on my granite so I can spam it liberally throughout maps, and it's been helping a lot.

Seems like it's just a matter of getting a bit more comfortable with the build to be able to deal with those mobs. It's def a change of pace getting used to being able to, and really having to play so aggressively, but def enjoying myself.
What are the pros and cons when using elemental hit vs frenzy. Does ele hit just blow frenzy out of the water even without the frenzy charges?
As being a big fan of the buzzsaw build and my love for bows I finally got a windripper. I just cannot get the DPS you have. I have all my auras at level 20(even using an alpha's to gain +2 to gems) and my SA DPS is about 5k with frenzy charges and 3 power charges up. I am using a 6 link for SA and 5 link for my frenzy.

Current gear:

Spoiler

My tree:

I know I still have some crit multi to take but shouldnt my DPS be arround 10K already? I am using level 17 auras atm but was using level 20 before.

Some advise would be awesome :).
Last edited by Ruffneck058 on May 30, 2014, 9:06:26 AM
So i really liked this build after watching the videos. Good job dude.

As for me, im having trouble achieving this. Yes my gear is lacking for sure, but im not sure if that is all the difference.

My spec is as follows :
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA5YEfgW1BfkOSA-rD8QRlhXwFr8ZihnVGo8dqiLqJP0mlS9vMHEwfDMMOdQ6QjpYOyg7fEZxS3hRR1M1VUtf4WBDYeJirGskbWxte249b55v8nBScLt_K3_GgwmHGYfbjDaNv5XpmyabtZ2jnaqgn6GkoqOjirVIuMrAUcM6xqLKSs3q1CPVANaK1p3ZE92o4Yjh2-OE51TndOjW8-r22vsJ_Kv-yP_e

My gear

Spoiler

Im level 67 at the moment. Please correct me what im doing wrong. I have 2ex left in currency btw.
For the person with 5k dps you're missing about 60% weapon ele damage from 1 ring and neck and attack speed from gloves.
For the other guy you are missing a windripper which is probably the most important part of this build.
"
atmosphere01 wrote:
For the person with 5k dps you're missing about 60% weapon ele damage from 1 ring and neck and attack speed from gloves.
For the other guy you are missing a windripper which is probably the most important part of this build.

Okay fair enough but im sure there are options to go for until i can afford one or get lucky with drop. I can use regrets too to make the switch easier.

"
atmosphere01 wrote:

Still that diffence between 5k or 20k is pretty high. I tried using some more gear with more elemental dmg but it still didnt scale that much. Even I am using an alpha's houl so my auras are now level 22.

Im hitting now 10k max. Still decent but not near the 20k the OP has.

What would be better btw, more crit multi or more ele dmg? From what i've noticed crit multi scales better then ele dmg.
"
Ruffneck058 wrote:
"
atmosphere01 wrote:

Still that diffence between 5k or 20k is pretty high. I tried using some more gear with more elemental dmg but it still didnt scale that much. Even I am using an alpha's houl so my auras are now level 22.

Im hitting now 10k max. Still decent but not near the 20k the OP has.

What would be better btw, more crit multi or more ele dmg? From what i've noticed crit multi scales better then ele dmg.

Crit multi fo sho. Starkonja's over Alphas, Voll's Protector over Coil. You lack crit multi in several places over the tree, the accuracy I think is suffering a little bit from the lack of the bow nodes? Gloves need a lil AS. The second ring and ammy are v. weak.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on May 31, 2014, 1:06:01 PM
What's your reasoning for starkonjas over alpha's? are the as and global crit more beneficial than +lvl to auras?
"
atmosphere01 wrote:
What's your reasoning for starkonjas over alpha's? are the as and global crit more beneficial than +lvl to auras?

The DPS difference is not so big, plus you will appreciate the life on the helm as this build is somewhat life-starved. Rat's Nest if you wanna go try hard.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info