[0.10.0] A Song of Ice and Fire - Coldfire Immolation Templar [The Original RF/PA]

Hi guys, some of you may know me from the Shadow forums. Just reserving a spot here so I can keep track of a new build I'm attempting.

This build revolves around a few key ideas.
1. Keeping Righteous Fire on to act as an AoE DPS effect as well as a buff to spell damage
2. Using Ice Nova as a main AoE DPS effect
3. Using Freezing Pulse as a single target DPS spell
4. Making use of Zealot's Oath, Ghost Reaver and Inner Forve
5. Making use of the unique Saffell's Frame

The idea of using Zealot's Oath to keep RF permanently on isn't actually an original one from me, credit to Undead_Cyborg for being the first one to raise the idea. I'm just taking a step further to try and build it since I've just about tried almost every other build.

How it works
Damage taken from RF will burn through the ES before burning through life. The idea is to have enough ES such that the ES regen from ZO is enough to keep ES constant and use GR to leech ES instead.

The Mathematics behind this build
Resists
90% Max Resists from
1. +5% Elemental Adaptation
2. +5% Purity buffed with Inner Force
3. +5% Saffell's Frame Unique

%Regen
6% Regen
1. 1.2% from 6 Endurance Charges x 0.2% life regen
2. 2.9% from keystones
3. 1.9% from vitality buffed with Inner Force

Hypothetical Situation
Let's say I have 2k HP

Righteous fire will deal 100% of my max hp per second * the bonus from IF = 130% of my max life per second = 2.6k DPS

The damage I actually take = 2.6k x 10% = 260 DPS
The amount of ES I will need to outregen the 260 DPS = 260/6*100 = 4334 ES

In that sense, with 2k HP, I will need 4334 ES to keep up ES constantly.

Skills I will be using
1. Elemental Weakness Curse
2. Freezing Pulse linked with Life leech and Iron Will amongst others
3. Ice Nova linked with Life leech and Iron Will amongst others
4. Righteous Fire

If this build actually works (i hope it does!) I'll make it a formal guide in the same format as my shadow guides. If not then nvm!

Conclusion - as of Valentine's Day 14/2/13
Build works!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLBeEomNBMk

If you want to know more about this build, check out:
http://www.exilepro.com/builds/templar/506-templar-righteous-fire-spellcaster

New skill tree to accommodate the new unique Shavronne's Wrappings unique Occultist's Vestment
Skill Tree
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Last edited by Invalesco on May 2, 2013, 7:36:23 AM
Save 2 points like this, maybe?
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
good spot! thanks will do :)
Build of the Week 14
Sounds like fun yet nerve racking at the same time. Potions with dispel burning a must aye
question! I dont see much points put in to increasing ES, how is it possible to hv 4K plus ES? Are u going to go for full ES gear?
Love your shadow build btw
I'm assuming that 4334 ES doesn't take into consideration any damage you make take from mods? If you need just that to keep up RF and you get hit by anything hard you're going to be almost dead.

If I understand you correctly that is.
hes using life leech from GR to keep his health up. I was thinking of using a CI and ZO build however i felt it was going to be a difficult task to get a high es(minimum of 3.5K ES if u wanna take CI to be survivable). To hv 4K plus ES without taking much ES nodes, i dont know how to achieve that:P
"
Chowy wrote:
hes using life leech from GR to keep his health up. I was thinking of using a CI and ZO build however i felt it was going to be a difficult task to get a high es(minimum of 3.5K ES if u wanna take CI to be survivable). To hv 4K plus ES without taking much ES nodes, i dont know how to achieve that:P

I have actually taken a lot of ES nodes! Mainly at Templar area followed by the area below GR later on
Build of the Week 14
Oh I see, totally missed that out, but will that be enough to hv a high es? I hv also been thinking of using a fire and ice templar however,instead of energry shield and armour, i depend on hp nodes and also on using the keystone Elemental equilibrium. Could you hv a look and see if it could work?
I would be arnd lvl 60 with this skill tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEBwSzBVsQaRRNF1QZLho4HRQfAiKBJ-0pTyqNLR8t0jCXMok2xTbYOYo62DwFRtdMs1BQVElXDVfiWGNZ813GXz9gbWaeah5tGXKpd-V82X1TgpuLjIzPjjyPRpBVkc6XhZitna6f36IApwinhKgYrKq2hrndwBrG2MjM2CTZYd3z4XPnUuw47FXtIO8O73zvj_Af8WzyL_Pd9kj60g==

Aoe dmg:
Ice nova and MS.(Thinking of using sweep with added fire dmg)

Single target:
Glacial hammer and Infernal Blow

Basically its jus alternating between fire and ice so as to proc the -50% from EE.

Auras used:
Purity and clarity

Thanks.
My only concern would be getting the necessary HP and ES. It's gonna make the build very item dependant looking for those nice Arm/ES pieces, (with high +ES), and a nice HP mod.

Having said that though, if it can be done successfully then I'm pretty sure that you'll be the one to do it.

OB: BazzVone - 83 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI and minions
CB: BazzVfourteen - 80 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI
CB: BazzVtwo - 73 Dual Spork Totem/LS Templar
CB: BazzVseven - 76 Lightning Strike Mara
CB: BazzVfive - 78 Lightning Strike Mara

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info