Serious Post: New PvP Gem

"
xandri wrote:
"
kevshien wrote:
you must have clearly missed my undivided support for the gem to be implemented in my earlier post

Undivided support for a block pen gem with drawbacks so that it won't "single-handedly make every weapon viable"? Yup, pretty sure I caught that.

You obviously only caught what you want to see. What you didn't "catch" is realizing I was suggesting an alternative to what Mulla originally said about not implementing block pen gem at all:

"
MullaXul wrote:
As much as I want to see every weapon/spell type and their inherent strengths actually useable in pvp. I don't want to see a block penetration gem. The gem would single handedly make everything viable in one swoop..but mandatory sockets/passives to achieve balance is meh. Block penetration gem will also move crit dagger up a tier of stupidity. Crit dagger seems to just "hide in the shadows" of the balance section. No one really concerns themselves with it, but its really the best overall build in the game and on a (very consistent) dice roll says fuck your hp/es/damage/block/etc..etc.. in 1 hit.

Seriously though, would be interesting to find out what your IGN is. Unless of course, you like to remain cowardly anonymous.
IGN: KevShienZ

#1 564pDPS Crit Jeweled Foil Sword: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/737212
#1 Crown of Eyes DPS Amulet Mirror Service: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/737212
#1 Crit-Leech Legacy Mod Amulet: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/737212
Last edited by kevshien on Apr 3, 2014, 5:49:59 PM
t(T-Tt)
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
lol wtf why do all of the pvp threads get shit on

edit: i feel like dagger way too op with block reduction but that's just my personal opinion :o

I guess there is some counterplay with anti-crit nodes though
IGN: BaiBhai | BhaiBhai | Bhailo

Last edited by Bhai on Apr 3, 2014, 6:17:12 PM
Please be mindful not to post antagonistic comments on the forums. Any posts of this nature will be removed and the poster may be placed on probation.
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any help.
"
Jared_GGG wrote:
Please be mindful not to post antagonistic comments on the forums. Any posts of this nature will be removed and the poster may be placed on probation.

Look man, this is PVP. People who are competitive get angry. Its just the nature of competitive games, and I don't see any hate comments yet, just some heated discussion. I understand if this is a warning but nothing thats been posted here deserves to be removed.
Animalistic in nature, somebody help me
Dagger def shouldn't get -block.
Last edited by MullaXul on Apr 4, 2014, 12:32:15 AM
Block Penetration Gem

This will make crit dagger god in PvP, blockers spend their passives traveling around the tree to get their block nodes, sacrificing HP and DPS. It is very much unfair if a block build face an opponent with a block penetrate gem and gets destroyed by him by just sacrificing a single slot in their item.

Currently we already have a counter to block and this is by getting block reduce nodes in the tree, bear traps, EA. If a block penetrate gem will be introduce then there is no point of doing a block build, viable PvP melee builds will be limited to:

1. 2h Sword with Kaom's (which is already destroying 1h shield atm.)
2. Crit Dagger (pretty much destroys any build, even a max block.)

Spells on the other hand, don't need no block penetration, as spells have 100% chance to hit and they can go crit.

Real problem in PvP is crit multiplier and spell block imo, spell block can go 78% max. I think they should cap the crit multiplier probably 400-500% atleast in PvP and spell block 60-70%.

GGG have no idea what's happening in high level PvP. They just keep listening to bunch of people crying in the forum.

Block is not the problem. I can name the top 2 most viable PvP build atm, these are 2h mirrored sword with Kaom's and crit mirrored dagger. Now which is OP? Block? I don't think so.
"
Pusciferrr wrote:
Block Penetration Gem

This will make crit dagger god in PvP, blockers spend their passives traveling around the tree to get their block nodes, sacrificing HP and DPS. It is very much unfair if a block build face an opponent with a block penetrate gem and gets destroyed by him by just sacrificing a single slot in their item.

Currently we already have a counter to block and this is by getting block reduce nodes in the tree, bear traps, EA. If a block penetrate gem will be introduce then there is no point of doing a block build, viable PvP melee builds will be limited to:

1. 2h Sword with Kaom's (which is already destroying 1h shield atm.)
2. Crit Dagger (pretty much destroys any build, even a max block.)

Spells on the other hand, don't need no block penetration, as spells have 100% chance to hit and they can go crit.

Real problem in PvP is crit multiplier and spell block imo, spell block can go 78% max. I think they should cap the crit multiplier probably 400-500% atleast in PvP and spell block 60-70%.

GGG have no idea what's happening in high level PvP. They just keep listening to bunch of people crying in the forum.

Block is not the problem. I can name the top 2 most viable PvP build atm, these are 2h mirrored sword with Kaom's and crit mirrored dagger. Now which is OP? Block? I don't think so.

Haha..
"
Pusciferrr wrote:

Spells have 25% chance to hit and 75% chance to damage and possibly shock stacking yourself. And last time I pvped I saw a good number of people using crit without spells. But I guess that is why EK is the only valid spell because spells are so good as it is now...

"
Pusciferrr wrote:

Max block builds with something like EK for example are just as good as those 2 builds. And the main reason they are where they are is because they counter block. Almost everything else fails against block. Block is the main problem that causes only a very small number of builds to be valid in pvp. The all or nothing mechanic with block is even bad design if you don't want fast duels with one shots.

"
Pusciferrr wrote:

you mean the people that have with little to now skills been facetanking almost everything since the start of pvp that now are afraid they will lose their OP thing making them able to win? I hope they don't listen to them. They need to fix block to make pvp to be less about spike damage and one shots and to make more than 3-4 builds to be valid.
Last edited by Grildrak on Apr 4, 2014, 2:53:08 PM
This coolness arises partly from fear of the opponents, who have the laws on their side, and partly from the incredulity of men, who do not readily believe in new things until they have had a long experience of them.
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info