Serious Post: New PvP Gem

Assuming that a PvP-oriented support gem is also useful for PvE--after all, this is an ARPG and I doubt GGG would make a support gem specific to PvP--then I'd put my wager on something like:

Increased Damage over Time
New Topic Suggestions other than Block Penetration:
1.) How about they just bring Phase Run back into the game? I know some of us vets would love that.
2.) Maybe some sort of short duration stealth gem with longer duration time as it lvls or with Inc Duration Gem?
3.) Maybe another form of Molten Shell? Ice Shell? Lightning Shell?
4.) As hisnail pointed out, maybe Increased Damage Over Time gem?
5.) Maybe a skill that allows you to dash backwards out of battle gaining evasion/armor for a short duration

Just throwing some ideas out for us to discuss. Not sure how the whole post got pointed towards block pen.
"
BlackSpite wrote:
1.) How about they just bring Phase Run back into the game? I know some of us vets would love that.
2.) Maybe some sort of short duration stealth gem with longer duration time as it lvls or with Inc Duration Gem?
5.) Maybe a skill that allows you to dash backwards out of battle gaining evasion/armor for a short duration

Just throwing some ideas out for us to discuss. Not sure how the whole post got pointed towards block pen.

No thanks
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
MullaXul wrote:
"
BlackSpite wrote:

No thanks

Well, quite a few of those sound like skill gems to me, not support gems.
"
"
MullaXul wrote:
"
BlackSpite wrote:

No thanks

Well, quite a few of those sound like skill gems to me, not support gems.

Mybad. I stand corrected.

Ok then how about:

1.) Increased Spell Damage (Since melee obviously has Melee Physical Damage, Melee Damage on Full Life)
2.) Increased Trap Damage
3.) Increased (Overall) Elemental Damage (NOT Added Fire, Added Cold, Added Lightning)
4.) Increased Effect of Auras
5.) Hisnail as you said Increased Damage Over Time
6.) Increased Movement Speed (Some skills are categorized as Movement)
"
xandri wrote:
"
pianokingx3 wrote:
"
kevshien wrote:
It'd be fair imo if the block pen gem came some drawbacks so it won't 'single-handedly make every weapon viable', perhaps some damage/ias/cast speed reduction?

Whats wrong with making other weapons viable? Why does there need to be a downside to making them competitive? Isn't their downside already the fact that they cannot be used effectively in PVP?

Kevshien spent a large amount of currency crafting his '#1 crit sword' - no doubt a choice made because of the sword's unique block reduction nodes. Making other weapons PvP-viable through a block reduction gem would lessen the value of his sword and appeal of his mirror service.

Thanks for the blatant accusation, you must have clearly missed my undivided support for the gem to be implemented in my earlier post:

"
kevshien wrote:
"
trashs1 wrote:
i pray its block penetration

:)

YES PLZ

"
but a soft counter vs shielders has always been sought after by non-sword users and I respect that.

If you want to start something, please send me a pm in-game/forum. ;)

IGN: KevShienZ

#1 564pDPS Crit Jeweled Foil Sword: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/737212
#1 Crown of Eyes DPS Amulet Mirror Service: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/737212
#1 Crit-Leech Legacy Mod Amulet: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/737212
You guys miss the point, they stated it as a specific pvp gem this meaning that it wont apply to PVE content or will not work against monsters. They wouldnt say that if the gem would be something like added % damage since it would apply to pve as well. From that on i can only come to the conclusion that it is going to be a block penetration gem since it does not apply against monsters.

I highly doubt that the gem would apply to Swords since they already have nodes for it, who knows maybe they are going to remove the sword pen nodes and make the gem usable for everyone ?

In a podcast with Hegemony,Aux and the devs Hegemony brought up that block penetration gem idea and GGG actually said it was a good idea. They then stated that spells we're not ment to fight monsters having block this leading to be a problem for lower damage spells against block, they then said they were going to do something about it so it might be with that gem.

I give it 75% chances that it's going to be a block penetration gem my PVP friends.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Apr 2, 2014, 10:07:05 PM
"
hauntworld1 wrote:
You guys miss the point, they stated it as a specific pvp gem this meaning that it wont apply to PVE content or will not work against monsters. They wouldnt say that if the gem would be something like added % damage since it would apply to pve as well. From that on i can only come to the conclusion that it is going to be a block penetration gem since it does not apply against monsters.

I highly doubt that the gem would apply to Swords since they already have nodes for it, who knows maybe they are going to remove the sword pen nodes and make the gem usable for everyone ?

In a podcast with Hegemony,Aux and the devs Hegemony brought up that block penetration gem idea and GGG actually said it was a good idea. They then stated that spells we're not ment to fight monsters having block this leading to be a problem for lower damage spells against block, they then said they were going to do something about it so it might be with that gem.

I give it 75% chances that it's going to be a block penetration gem my PVP friends.

Idk, they just might pull some crap and make block work differently in PVP. IIRC, they said that they didnt like how block worked in the first place. Hence their nerf of Aegis. Maybe they'll rework block and introduce a completely different gem from what we have in mind.
Animalistic in nature, somebody help me
"
hauntworld1 wrote:

I made a post about a block penetration gem like 6+months ago. If they implement it the right way it'll be fine. Should be 2 types, blue for spells and red for melee axe/staff/mace and thats it. The fact these other weapon types and spells have it easier on the tree. It makes sense they could burn a gem slot in return for an optional block penetration on demand. Swords need to travel all over the tree regardless of wanting to or not. Still feel strongly about my post regarding moving sword -block nodes or doing something about acrobatics/phase acrobatics though.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Apr 3, 2014, 12:24:01 AM
"
kevshien wrote:
"
xandri wrote:
"
pianokingx3 wrote:
Whats wrong with making other weapons viable? Why does there need to be a downside to making them competitive? Isn't their downside already the fact that they cannot be used effectively in PVP?

Kevshien spent a large amount of currency crafting his '#1 crit sword' - no doubt a choice made because of the sword's unique block reduction nodes. Making other weapons PvP-viable through a block reduction gem would lessen the value of his sword and appeal of his mirror service.

Thanks for the blatant accusation

You're welcome.

"
kevshien wrote:
you must have clearly missed my undivided support for the gem to be implemented in my earlier post

Undivided support for a block pen gem with drawbacks so that it won't "single-handedly make every weapon viable"? Yup, pretty sure I caught that.
Last edited by xandri on Apr 3, 2014, 8:29:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info