Serious Post: New PvP Gem

The upcoming 1.1.2 update introduces a new PvP support gem. Any guesses on what it will be?
If it is block reduction, that will make certain melee builds too powerful.
👱‍♀️ IGN: FamilyStrokes 💘
Mirror Shop: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2512292
Yes, if it is really Block Penetration Im out of PVP. We dont need this, every good sword block reduce char can easy beat me, Hauntworld has a Freezing Pulse Char I cant beat even with 78% Spell Block and Shadowofthefall, forget it. Block is totaly useless then.
Last edited by MrDigital on Mar 28, 2014, 5:11:21 AM
"
MrDigital wrote:
Yes, if it is really Block Penetration Im out of PVP. We dont need this, every good sword block reduce char can easy beat me, Hauntworld has a Freezing Pulse Char I cant beat even with 78% Spell Block and Shadowofthefall, forget it. Block is totaly useless then.

Just because you can lose does not mean it is unbalanced against you. With a block pen gem YOU will also be able to use it to fight other blockers like hauntworld and shadowthefall (that you mentioned as op). Hell you dont even know what percentage it will be at!

Seriously with a way of reducing block it would be ok for them to decrease crit damage and the pvp would be smother. Block with the all or nothing mechanic is actually more spike damage creating than crit and should be hated by any one that dont like oneshots dead stuff.

And also droping a dps support gem for it will be hard

Edit: but sure you probably wont instantly win against anyone not using block or swords any more. The reason you won almost every fight against them to begin with was because block was over powered.
Last edited by Grildrak on Mar 28, 2014, 8:30:44 AM
Backstab....
chill protection shield to balance CT. which will fail ofc.
Only problem I see with a reduced block support are crit flicker builds, but those builds will have to be nerfed at some point anyway. If they increased the pvp damage penalty a reduced block support would make sense and indeed make pvp a lot smoother.

"
MrDigital wrote:

If they reduced overall spike damage, Aegis builds like yours would probably benefit the most from it, so there needs to be something to counterbalance it.

"
Hilbert wrote:
Backstab....

..is not a support gem.

"
PoorJoy wrote:
chill protection shield to balance CT. which will fail ofc.

CT is not pvp for me and can't really be balanced, as it seems to revolve around catching people off guard. And a support gem wouldn't help much unless you get it from Hillock in act 1 norm.
I dont have a real Aegis build, way too low armor cause I also use EV, Im no Iron Reflexes.
I really wish they change all Aegis shields for PVP, with a fixed amount of ES, this shield was a really big mistake. I only use it because else I got even killed by most other Aegis chars also, with it, it often is a stalemate situation.
Without any changes in Crit Multi and sword block reduce, it cant be get better. I really think its time to put my block char in trash and create also a sword build. Before this Im farming some Mirrors or search my credit card, buy the n#1 mirrored sword and a legacy Kaoms, thats the way to go :-)
Last edited by MrDigital on Mar 28, 2014, 1:01:23 PM
Instead of making a 2hand sword kaom build like everyone does because they are desperate, why dont you make a caster and see the other side of pvp. Trust me playing a caster is much more fun than playing a melee. It's very sad for me to see that we are only about 4 casters that do well in pvp right now, i would personally love to see more and seeing how everyone falls for 2hander build as their last resort is just sad...

On the other hand i choosed freepulse because of the 3 projectiles it shoots, this making my life easier to go trough block builds. The only way for casters to counter block builds is to go for strong hits instead of fast casts and low damage.

New gem called ''ECHO'' it's a blue gem and it says 'Skills repeat an additional time'
I'm really wondering what that does and i wanna use it for my spells.

Another thing i want to mention, 2 hander builds with kaoms seem the easy way to go since you get free block penetration and can counter block builds, but trust me those builds arent unkillable like most of you think. I personally own people easily now with my freezepulser LMP even with their gear all mirrored of RMT, good knowledge of the game and mechanics of your skills will beat most RMT brainless users. There are multiple ways to get around a sword pen build. The best i have experienced is a trap that you settup when they get close to you, like detonate dead mines, ek mines, bear traps even incinerate rapes the hell out of those guys.

Peace !
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Mar 28, 2014, 2:49:59 PM
It's the RNGeezus gem... +20% bonus to all rng rolls...
IGN: KevShienZ

#1 564pDPS Crit Jeweled Foil Sword: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/737212
#1 Crown of Eyes DPS Amulet Mirror Service: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/737212
#1 Crit-Leech Legacy Mod Amulet: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/737212
i pray its block penetration

:)

-~Shop for the price awarded player~- view-thread/375747

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info