Incident Report for 26th March Item Corruption

Can you please help; I lost the Baneful Gem during the restart and I've tried everything to get it to drop again.
- Hard restart on instance; didn't work
- Tried the instance with a partner; didn't work
- Tried to pass the vines with a higher level partner; didn't work

Also lost my boots which had the gem in them (the warrior one that fire explodes on mob death); the boots were crap but how do I get that gem again? I'm hoping the gem will just drop randomly.

I'm not sure what else to do. Thanks.
Last edited by Salvador007 on Mar 26, 2014, 11:34:51 PM
"
Salvador007 wrote:
Can you please help; I lost the Baneful Gem during the restart and I've tried everything to get it to drop again.

Also lost my boots which had the gem in them (the warrior one that fire explodes on mob death); the boots were crap but how do I get that gem again? I'm hoping the gem will just drop randomly.

I'm not sure what else to do. Thanks.

Try sending an email to support@grindinggear.com and explain the Baneful Gem situation...they may be able to add them gem to your inventory or reset the quest state (which would allow you to complete the quest again).

As for the skill gem, it sounds like you are talking about Infernal Blow....it can be obtained by completing the quest "Breaking Some Eggs" as a Marauder or Templar in Normal difficulty, as well as other quests (from other classes even) further in the game. It's very easy though to run up and complete the quest on a new character if need be (it's the third quest in the game.....second quest if you don't count killing Hillock to get into town.....first quest if you decide to skip the Mercy Mission side-quest as well).

"
Jonathan wrote:
This is what made the references effectively go out of sync.

This also would have prevented the problem by not allowing the data set to get out of sync with itself and should mean that this kind of catastrophic failure mode can't happen again.
Dang-it guys, desync is so bad even the data tables are having issues with it!

I certainly hope you are going to upload these fixes to the client as well to prevent characters from ever going out of sync again....

/s
~IGN: Nagisan
Last edited by Nagisan on Mar 26, 2014, 11:55:04 PM
Whoa Jonathan's post almost brought me to tears. The sheer honesty in it, the detailed explanation.

I am not used to such Non-PR-Filtered messages. (This is coming from a fellow Server Architect)
Poe servers + vaal orb =
Go AB's
"
Supervixen wrote:
"
Jonathan wrote:
"
Supervixen wrote:
What of items that were created before the last 18 minutes? A weapon I got hours ago is gone. Hours != 18 minutes?

To clarify, the items deleted are from 17:35:15 NZT till 17:57:16 NZT. This was over 4 hours ago.

Thank you for the reply. The item was a completely mundane weapon with no funky stats, but extremely good for my build. I'm sad to see it go. :`(

I know that feel, same happened to me, except I had put all of my best gems on that weapon and I don't know how I can play that character anymore. :/
I can see that some players really lost some valuable stuff. I get that, and feel for them.
But there are so many people complaining about the fact that they lost some shit that would take either an hour of playtime or a few chaos to get it back. Dudes, really... learn to cry a little less dramatically XD

This being said:
I never saw a company go into so much detail when a mistake was made. And I never had the feeling of honest empathy for the players like I did reading this post. (Let alone reacting in such a short amount of time.)

Guys - luckily - you are human.. and we humans make mistakes.. many.
And I guess most of us are fully awae of that and are understanding.
"Ta-Ta, not-a-cockroach"
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Jonathan wrote:
Due to the nature of the economic damage, we are deleting all items that were created during these 18 minutes.

Just to highlight the main thorn that will be forever embedded and festering in what had the potential to be the best aRPG ever. And the reason I doubt this wreckage of a shopping game will ever be installed on my HD ever again while there are real non-economy aRPGs out there.

Drama queen.
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

Just to highlight the main thorn that will be forever embedded and festering in what had the potential to be the best aRPG ever. And the reason I doubt this wreckage of a shopping game will ever be installed on my HD ever again while there are real non-economy aRPGs out there.

This guy... You've been here for, how long? 1.5 years? For 1.5 consecutive years you've been whining, harassing, extorting, name-calling and cursing at POE and GGG in general. Why the **** won't you just leave? Seriously, why the **** are you here? 1.5 years...
Everything that I read from you is negative, pessimistic attitude towards everything and especially towards GGG team who have given us the best game of a decade. You are a sad, sad case and you should've been permanently banned from these forums a long, long time ago.
Last edited by mushioov on Mar 27, 2014, 9:45:22 AM
"
daxxtrias wrote:
Whoa Jonathan's post almost brought me to tears. The sheer honesty in it, the detailed explanation.

I am not used to such Non-PR-Filtered messages. [..]

qft

I already said it and i'll say it again: You should give courses in PR to the rest of the gaming industry. I love it.
If you try to reserve life or mana when you have both of these keystones, you will now die properly.
I think this is what you can call a real "corruption" of the game :)

Btw, why not keep the items, mark them corrupted, it would be kinda fun to have them, yes it might screw the balance, but they would be extremely valuable in the future, and people would keep them, just a thought :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info