Secret Info From San Fransisco Meetup

Chris corrected some of the information I posted, and I apologize.
1/36 is the chance to roll a 6 link mod, with 3 other mods rolled.
? 1/36*4=144 ?

This leads into one of the "things" that got in the way of my summery.
I wanted to post what I heard from the meetup, but not direct quotes, because some ideas were thrown out, and some were actual facts from several sources.
As you can see, this did not go well since I forgot a big chunk of information about the Vaal Orb.

I'm not a professional journalist so please don't poke me with your pitch forks.
"
saintshield07 wrote:
does cast on crit skill would be able to use echo? lol
we hope not
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
I'm not a professional journalist so please don't poke me with your pitch forks.

How about with my salad fork?
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
"
Vaal Gems potential not realized yet.
He's not talking about player perception... hes talking about GGG doesnt realize how bad some are and how lacking some part of the system is... (ie: boss summons dont have souls and counter resets between intances)
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
FemtoZeta wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
and about vaal gems - most are good but please - if anyone knows - tell me how to use these:

cold snap - ice nova has better actual freezing potential + soul cost

lol?
"Always Freezes enemies" sounds like the best freezing potential there is, how does ice nova top that?(they have the same soul cost btw)

even without the freeze the skill has 10sec chilled ground in a large area, making it the best defensive vaal gem and indeed not useless.

play with it a little longer then

vaal ice snap always freezes - thats cools. but the freeze duration is linear function of damage dealt and damage is BAD. so you freeze half a screen for 0.3sec. for LOTS of souls

normal ice nova - that is considered bad spell (for a reason) deals more dmg and also can freeze (With passives and/or cirt)

vaal ice nova is awesome screen clear (esp when it crits and with +AOE). vaal cold snap is a pure disappointment when used for its intended purpose - also vaal ice nova covers incredibly large area when cast in good circumstances. vaal cold snap is fixed size and cannot buff itself like vaal ice nova does by re-casting from hit mobs.

if it works for you, can you post your setup and way you use it? (and what level content we are talking about here)
"

omg omg, BURN HE!!!! D:
PoE Wiki page: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_Wiki
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Nice autograph! =^[.]^=

When i saw what it was on i got the giggles. :)
RIP Skype account!
"
Sheriff_K wrote:

Just because it isn't the Parent League, doesn't mean it isn't the Default.

Lets say a muffin mold is the parent league, and a chocolate chip muffin is the child league. We could say that the default muffin is chocolate chip, even though the parent is the mold...

That was a horrible analogy, kill me now.. >_<

That's all well and tasty. But GGG was always claiming that Std/Std HC are the baseline leagues, form which all the others are derived and the derivatives cannot be 'easier'. Now they create this loophole trick, to make Ambush (which is easier than Std) the 'default difficulty' league.

Which is fine by me. I support the idea of more rewarding looting. Its just interesting to see them going back on the rule, not by changing the rule, but by switching the entry parameters.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Mar 27, 2014, 6:46:52 AM
So... why so friendly with these numbers but not at all interested in giving us numbers we've been asking for for over a year?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info