Secret Info From San Fransisco Meetup

What, exactly, is "Garena"?

I'm assuming it's some ghetto third-party SEA Gateway that has their own Servers, that splits the player-base for no reason other than international internet mumbo jumbo..

Am I close? :P
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
if Echo works with Cast on Crit it changes ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for self-casters

playing CoCS should still be far superior

why CoCS is still in the game is beyond me.

i build a cheap, lazy slapped together CoCS ST (daggers) character that currently has already surpased my dedicated selfcaster damage and i have not yet maxed out crit. and all that damage for 20 mana..

this is seriously broken, no matter how to look at it. and it seems Echo shall double it
I doubt Echo would work on CoC, since the CoC Gem is triggering and Casting the Spell FOR you, whereas Echo would double what YOU yourself Cast.

Getting an Echo Shrine doesn't double the Spells Triggered by CoC, I don't think..
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
and about vaal gems - most are good but please - if anyone knows - tell me how to use these:

cold snap - ice nova has better actual freezing potential + soul cost
lightning warp - area is too small, damage too low, awkward to use
ground slam - does 20% of dmg that it should do for its soul cost. knockback is.. desync prone + in this game knockback is a hindrance for melee, not a bonus
glacial hammer - miniscule damage, cost, duration, better to just freeze with GH. placement prone to desync, soul cost

and actually interesting but too expensive
detonate dead - VERY niche, extreme soul cost

also, these gems seem to be mostly ignored by community seeing that 'skill feedback' posts on these are mostly desolate deserts
thanks for sharing, stargatedefender.

6-link chance is nice but I don't quite get it when exactly I should use it since it cannot be modified afterwards.

regarding gems:
vaal lightning warp looks interesting, not to deal damage but you can move monsters to some other destination!? Could be useful

glacial hammer is probably nice for pvp. If the otherone relies on movement and cannot escape...
Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9
"
6-link chance is nice but I don't quite get it when exactly I should use it since it cannot be modified afterwards.

The reason it has such a high chance is because it has a big downside of fixed socket colors.

What will happen is many cheap 6 links will flood the market so you can get your own custom colors or you can just make a build around the 6 link you get.
1/36 chance to 6link is quite intriguing if true. the catch, of course is that you're stuck with random socket colors or bricking the item altogether.

I like vaal orb design even more, if its true
"
kasub wrote:

What will happen is many cheap 6 links will flood the market so you can get your own custom colors or you can just make a build around the 6 link you get.

I think this is actually very good. many people cant afford even a trashy 6L rare, so given that you are ok with trading, you can get a non-rerollable 6L for cheap with sockets that fits you setup...definitely sounds like a good thing to me.
"
kasub wrote:
"

The reason it has such a high chance is because it has a big downside of fixed socket colors.

Honestly, with the exception of the item potentially being randomly colored (with some whites mixed in) it cannot be that much worse than a tabula rasa.
Closed beta member since: March 19, 2012
@sidtherat

I played around with a vaal ground slam after finding it with my 2h maul stun marauder.
The damage is indeed unimpressive even after leveling it, when linked with stuff it does very little more in overall effect and damage than my leap slam.

I thought about it some and I think maybe the key is in what it is guaranteed to do.
Always hits, always knocks back, always stuns.
Those aren't very impressive things for a maul using marauder with resolute technique.
What they are potentially interesting for is a staff user, particularly a spell caster with no RT or accuracy.

You could use it as panic skill, pushing back and stunning swarming monsters, giving you some room to run or tp.
You could even link it with life on hit or life leech and endurance charge on melee stun for some extra survivability in a bad spot.

In practicle usage, given that it has to be charged and how long stun lasts without increased stun duration, would it actually be worth carrying around?
Probably not, but that's the best I could come up with after trying it out for a bit.
When I kill a man he stays dead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info