Secret Info From San Fransisco Meetup

You should have not shown his Skype Name .........
The Vaal gem thing is a reference to Quality Vaal gems.

The quality on them is the most insane thing in the game.
but im prettu sure there are tons of 20/20 gems being vaal orb'ed and i personaly saw 20/20 spectral throw and it didnt struck me as insane. maybe other vaal gems get more interesting quality bonus than st

corrupting a normal gem can yield vaal version. this or leveling is the only way to get quality vaal gems
"
sidtherat wrote:
and about vaal gems - most are good but please - if anyone knows - tell me how to use these:

cold snap - ice nova has better actual freezing potential + soul cost

lol?
"Always Freezes enemies" sounds like the best freezing potential there is, how does ice nova top that?(they have the same soul cost btw)

even without the freeze the skill has 10sec chilled ground in a large area, making it the best defensive vaal gem and indeed not useless.
Maybe Chris just means that no one has 4Linked a 20/20 Vaal Gem inside a Corrupted Vaal Carress Unique with +2 Vaal Gems Implicit, potentially also with a Level 4 Empower?
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Mar 26, 2014, 6:27:31 PM
"
sidtherat wrote:
but im prettu sure there are tons of 20/20 gems being vaal orb'ed and i personaly saw 20/20 spectral throw and it didnt struck me as insane. maybe other vaal gems get more interesting quality bonus than st

corrupting a normal gem can yield vaal version. this or leveling is the only way to get quality vaal gems

What did the quality do?
Not sure, but Glacial Hammer is... mediocre at best. At 20% Quality it offers 40% increased Chill-Duration and 20% increased Freeze-Duration, which is the same as normal Glacial Hammer. The same is true with Vaal Summon Skeleton and the normal version, so I guess they all have the same quality than normal skills, although it seems silly in some situations.
"

PoE has in-house R&D for 3D development

When I first read that I thought of 3d models for items.. but why would they need an in house R&D for that? Maybe first person 3d coming some day far in the future??
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
"
Ambush is considered the default difficulty for PoE, not standard/hardcore (even says so in yellow)

Backflip ninja attack!! How can Ambush be the default difficulty, if std is the parent league? I've been hearing the mantra "new leagues must not be easier than parent" all this time. There's people basing their naysaying on this line, ffs! :)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
About vaal gems:

http://www.rnghell.com/img/36/vaal-gems/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info