Shockingly strong flamethrower build (Incinerate + Three Dragons)

"
congdiem wrote:
why incinerate can shock? it's can't crit, and why need use added lightning when use three dragon, it's can't shock and can freeze on crit, i will use added chaos dmg + infernal manlte + mana leech + life leech with 4k - 5k mana

You are correct that incinerate can't crit. This does not mean however, that you can't shock.

The shock chance is provided by the shock talent as well as the Q-Added lightning (0,5% per 1 Q). This shock chance is not dependent on crit chance.
-10% shock chance from talent
-10% shock chance from ALD support gem

As you can actually see with your own eyes in most of the video's, that mobs, blue mobs etc etc DO GET SHOCKED.

apperently loads of people do not fully understand the game mechanics and think its impossible to shock. When I get home ill try to make a short video to prove once and for all, that I can really shock ;)
Isnobest. This post was created in a facility that handles peanuts and may contain traces of nuts
Build of the week (S2E5): 3-dragons incinerate
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/856154
Last edited by iznobest on May 13, 2014, 10:39:10 AM
without elem proliferation, it's pretty useless, you don't need shock to instant rape blue mobs.
IGN TylordRampage
"
Malone wrote:
without elem proliferation, it's pretty useless, you don't need shock to instant rape blue mobs.

you instant rape blue mobs in 78 maps with incinerate (meaning under 1 second)? I find that hard to believe, maybe some of the very low HP ones but not the higher HP ones.

With some of the high HP blue packs, yellow mobs or exiles, it certainly helps to shock...
Isnobest. This post was created in a facility that handles peanuts and may contain traces of nuts
Hello, glad to see you featured on build of the week!

My build is very very close to yours, however I have my defenses set up a bit different. My tree is similar to yours, though I use 13 points to go south from the templar life ring to hit the 4% and 7% block nodes on the way down. I'm using a CoD for MoM. My links are Incinerate - LMP - ACD - Fire Pen - Blind. I love blind with this build but unfortunately it takes the spot of faster casting. 3 dragons doesnt have any problem applying shock stacks. Have you tried proliferation instead of ALD?

How do you fair in higher level maps with a lack of defense? The way I see it, you only have AA and a bit of armor. Also, you don't have stun immunity. I imagine that anything fast and/or jumpy would keep stunning you and eventually kill you. I am running with 62% block, 75% spell block, blind, MoM, AA, and my DPS is around 2.5k. I only have 3.3k life (with close to 200% life nodes), but that is because I'm also using too many uniques. (CoD, rathpith, lazhwar, fire belt, cybil's, 3 dragons) Also, I don't think I saw you had CwDT - EC - IC setup.

Is your defense just your offense? Kill fast enough that things dont hit you? I think adding blind to your flame totem would be a good idea. I had a flame totem for a while but got tired of casting it (i'm lazy). Anyway, good luck out there!

Hi iznobest and congrats on making build of the week! Didn't know about your guide, I have a Three Dragons incinerate templar that is 65 at the moment... I'm worried now you won build of the week that these guys are gonna be everywhere before I even finish mine!!!

Interestingly while my gear is astonishingly similar (Cybil's Paw, Rathpith Globe, Three Dragons, Stone of Lazhwar) my passive tree is quite different. I started with Nyx's Incinerate Tank guide and adapted it for Cloak of Defiance's Mind over Mana so it's about getting the attack and spell block chances maxed out. The hub of my passive tree is the templar and marauder life nodes, I get Eldrtich Battery from Witch area and I stretch down the left side to the collect Testude cluster in the Duelist zone. Since I have Mind over Mana I'll probably get the Sovereignty templar nodes to boost my Discipline + Clarity + Eldritch... but I'll feel that out once I am 80 or so.

Skill wise, notable differences I have are that I linked Tempest Shield to Iron Will + Life Leech + Reduced Mana so that all the blocked attacks and spells will add leeched life to Cybil's Paw's life gain effect. I chose Incinerate + Faster Casting + Faster Projectiles + LMP + Fire Penetration for my main attack.

Instead of Flame Totem I went for a vaal skill instead, have you considered Vaal Fireball + GMP + Fire Penetration + Elemental Proliferation? It's hilarious! Setting it off when overrun or at point blank range versus a boss or invader is fantastic, huge amounts of projectiles shotgun anything close by, the proliferation makes most of the hits land on shocked targets, and all the individual hits trigger Cybil's Paw life gain as well. I really love it although it's quite effects heavy as you might imagine.

Thanks for sharing your guide with everyone and congrats again for winning some PoE fame!
Spoiler
"
Mettle82 wrote:
Hello, glad to see you featured on build of the week!

My build is very very close to yours, however I have my defenses set up a bit different. My tree is similar to yours, though I use 13 points to go south from the templar life ring to hit the 4% and 7% block nodes on the way down. I'm using a CoD for MoM. My links are Incinerate - LMP - ACD - Fire Pen - Blind. I love blind with this build but unfortunately it takes the spot of faster casting. 3 dragons doesnt have any problem applying shock stacks. Have you tried proliferation instead of ALD?

How do you fair in higher level maps with a lack of defense? The way I see it, you only have AA and a bit of armor. Also, you don't have stun immunity. I imagine that anything fast and/or jumpy would keep stunning you and eventually kill you. I am running with 62% block, 75% spell block, blind, MoM, AA, and my DPS is around 2.5k. I only have 3.3k life (with close to 200% life nodes), but that is because I'm also using too many uniques. (CoD, rathpith, lazhwar, fire belt, cybil's, 3 dragons) Also, I don't think I saw you had CwDT - EC - IC setup.

Is your defense just your offense? Kill fast enough that things dont hit you? I think adding blind to your flame totem would be a good idea. I had a flame totem for a while but got tired of casting it (i'm lazy). Anyway, good luck out there!

yes offence is a big part of my defence, I kill everything before it gets close to me. Thanks for your suggestions, they are certainly interesting and I will look into it :)

I don't have much trouble in high maps, Im farming 76-78 maps all the time. However my crappy laptop is a bigger issue ^^
"
yes offence is a big part of my defence, I kill everything before it gets close to me. Thanks for your suggestions, they are certainly interesting and I will look into it :)

I don't have much trouble in high maps, Im farming 76-78 maps all the time. However my crappy laptop is a bigger issue ^^

Any plans on taking it to Aztiri? The reason I'm going so defense heavy is for this reason. Max spell block will be necessary and I think I'll have to put 3 dragons away for a helm with some life since I won't be shocking her or her friends anytime. After I try her a few times I think I'll spec out of the mara block nodes and back into some life/fire damage and have fun destroying high maps, if they would ever drop. Do you ever find yourself wishing you had MoM?
Spoiler
"
MisterBernn wrote:
Hi iznobest and congrats on making build of the week! Didn't know about your guide, I have a Three Dragons incinerate templar that is 65 at the moment... I'm worried now you won build of the week that these guys are gonna be everywhere before I even finish mine!!!

Interestingly while my gear is astonishingly similar (Cybil's Paw, Rathpith Globe, Three Dragons, Stone of Lazhwar) my passive tree is quite different. I started with Nyx's Incinerate Tank guide and adapted it for Cloak of Defiance's Mind over Mana so it's about getting the attack and spell block chances maxed out. The hub of my passive tree is the templar and marauder life nodes, I get Eldrtich Battery from Witch area and I stretch down the left side to the collect Testude cluster in the Duelist zone. Since I have Mind over Mana I'll probably get the Sovereignty templar nodes to boost my Discipline + Clarity + Eldritch... but I'll feel that out once I am 80 or so.

Skill wise, notable differences I have are that I linked Tempest Shield to Iron Will + Life Leech + Reduced Mana so that all the blocked attacks and spells will add leeched life to Cybil's Paw's life gain effect. I chose Incinerate + Faster Casting + Faster Projectiles + LMP + Fire Penetration for my main attack.

Instead of Flame Totem I went for a vaal skill instead, have you considered Vaal Fireball + GMP + Fire Penetration + Elemental Proliferation? It's hilarious! Setting it off when overrun or at point blank range versus a boss or invader is fantastic, huge amounts of projectiles shotgun anything close by, the proliferation makes most of the hits land on shocked targets, and all the individual hits trigger Cybil's Paw life gain as well. I really love it although it's quite effects heavy as you might imagine.

Thanks for sharing your guide with everyone and congrats again for winning some PoE fame!

Thanks alot for taking the time to work out your build and ideas in this thread :)

You can indeed choose to go south to marauder/scion areas to take more life nodes and ditch a lot of damage nodes. Might be more viable for hardcore builds (which i dont play).

Your incinerate links are pretty much thesame as mine, only difference being your faster projetiles is 20% ALD for me.

Currently I don't really have any spare links to put tempest shield into, but it might be something I will look into in the future. lifeleech and elemental proliferation are support gems I am consindering

Currently I am not using cloak of defiance for several reasons:
- I already have 4 unique items, maxing resistance and getting high life will be too hard with even more unique items
- Mana is already a big issue, with 10 casts per second with a mana cost above 30, AND 40 mana/second from AA you already spend ALOT of mana.
- Your mana pool is almost completely reserved
- Cloak of defiance is EV/ES, I prefer AR/ES
Last edited by iznobest on May 13, 2014, 11:00:54 AM
"
Mettle82 wrote:
"

Any plans on taking it to Aztiri? The reason I'm going so defense heavy is for this reason. Max spell block will be necessary and I think I'll have to put 3 dragons away for a helm with some life since I won't be shocking her or her friends anytime. After I try her a few times I think I'll spec out of the mara block nodes and back into some life/fire damage and have fun destroying high maps, if they would ever drop. Do you ever find yourself wishing you had MoM?

with the mana usage that this build requires, i cannot imagine having MOM next to it. I have 330 mana/second now and I feel its only just enough.

Im not planning on taking it to atziri. Dominus in palace map is already a big problem and the vaal temple map bosses kill me in a few seconds. The build is made for VERY fast map clears (eg 5 mins for 75 maps) and it's not built for the dominus/atziri. The build would have to be altered to such an extent that I could better make a new char :P
Last edited by iznobest on May 13, 2014, 11:03:21 AM
so for all the people that do not believe incinerate can shock. I made a short vid showing the shock on blue vaal fallens and the big vaal fallen dudes in palace map (lvl 78)

This is just to showcase the shock effect and potential of this build. However, shocking the stronger bosses (dominus in palace, or atziri) is not possible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h528HQdxe38&feature=youtu.be

yes, the blue gulls with triple damage modifiers hit me like a truck near the end ^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info