Shockingly strong flamethrower build (Incinerate + Three Dragons)

just died against the academy boss with difficult mods at level 88

Would it be worth dropping the shadow part of the tree and going down to get iron reflexes then running grace instead of haste?

I feel my dps outweighs my survivabilty too much atm at 5k hp, almost no armour level 19 AA 50% block
"
kolyaboo wrote:
So what would you change to be able to kill Atziri? Just curious. I'm using this build and loving it so far. Now in Merciless, A2. Super fast clears. I never died until toward end of cruel and that was player error. I have all 3 uniques, but couldn't use the stone for awhile and there is no question that using it is a vast improvement.

I personally don't have much experience with Atziri, so I don't know the exact requirements. I can only make general statements:

-You will need alot more survivability, so take more defensive nodes (mana, mana regen (if you use MOM), max life etc)
- Remove the loads of damage nodes I have taken
- I think you will need to do a lot of good dodging with a very fast casting LW
- U might want to increase your spell block to max
- Use lifeleech gem, and if you use MOM maybe also the mana leech gem aswell

thats the main things I can think of, off the top of my head

"
DutchRudder wrote:
just died against the academy boss with difficult mods at level 88

Would it be worth dropping the shadow part of the tree and going down to get iron reflexes then running grace instead of haste?

I feel my dps outweighs my survivabilty too much atm at 5k hp, almost no armour level 19 AA 50% block

Yeah if you run academy map with very difficult mods, the boss can be an issue. I personally just avoid doing that map with difficult mods (that affect the boss) or if I do the map with difficult mods, I skip the boss.

If you do the map with easy mods, you can kill the boss in a few seconds.

Yes you can skip the shadow part, but you will have to also consider what you are losing:
-extra shock chance
-mana regen
-damage
and more

You could try going to iron reflexes, I havent tried using that, but I dont think its bad at all. Instead of that, you could also try the 25% avoid interuption point, as you already pass that point you can just take it and see if it works out.

I personally don't run haste anyway, I have swapped it for discipline
Isnobest. This post was created in a facility that handles peanuts and may contain traces of nuts
Build of the week (S2E5): 3-dragons incinerate
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/856154
Last edited by iznobest on Jun 14, 2014, 4:02:24 AM
Thanks Izno. I appreciate the answers. And again thanks for taking the time to share this build. I am having a blast with it (pun intended)! :)
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Thanks Izno. I appreciate the answers. And again thanks for taking the time to share this build. I am having a blast with it (pun intended)! :)

haha :))

I think its wonderful to see so many people playing and also more importantly: enjoying my build! Of all the chars/builds I made, I personally liked playing this build the most by far
Isnobest. This post was created in a facility that handles peanuts and may contain traces of nuts
About all the discussion regarding the need of mana and life leech in previous page, you should really reconsider berek's grip. I haven't played 76+ level maps yet but so far this ring does wonder for me.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Jun 14, 2014, 4:26:14 PM
"
About all the discussion regarding the need of mana and life leech in previous page, you should really reconsider berek's grip. I haven't played 76+ level maps yet but so far this ring does wonder for me.

ye bereks grip is a fine item to use

my personal reasons for not using it:
-low life
-bosses arent always shocked (at least not the end-tier ones, so not useful on those)
-most important: it lacks 65-70% mana regen compared to a 'normal' ring

i wouldn't dis-advise using it tho. It surely is a valid item
Last edited by iznobest on Jun 14, 2014, 5:48:51 PM
If monsters are shocked the lacking mana regen is not a problem since we have a huge mana leech. But as you said, that's another story if we don't always shock.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Here is my level 90 build that I've used for a long time that is somewhat similar. I saw this post and switched out my Alpha Howl for Three Dragons to try it out and it does work pretty good. I don't run with much life, and still have very good survivability with the large amount of regular block and spell block. I also use the Kaom boots so I can't be interrupted while casting or stunned. I run haste, clarity, discipline, tempest shield, and vitality. I could run another aura, but I like the higher mana pool for my Cloak of Defiance. I'm thinking about dropping vitality, but I don't have mana problems, so I might keep it up for others.

I know I should use fire penetration instead of faster projectiles, but I like it because it looks cool. I'll add fire penetration once I get a 6L version of the cloak.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAVysHY3NTwFTfsIIQB6UC40myLJxVrlSufdIi9GsXbRnB84Ie2wtMLRdQAP10VXzO6-RfKhSwrJj315uhZ73ub9DQz2VVxhZvj0anCLiTDH0Qf8aeHRRMNSjF87760hcvZOdV1oCkJLCG0Tbp42pwfYBWT31RYBoyqZWio3_GJ6labSQ8p1xJURGWcLvZEy9vHNwvnRbzJjyTJ7QMRnHhiB2qgwlvnspKwzpWLax_m7UZivsJ9toajy2DlwbEoiLq6Nbe9to9J2EG6QkhzeoFtbTFwuwegUuN_xyoog==

Here is the gear I'm using.

what do u think about running discipline (instead of haste) and using rainbow strides?
that increases your spell block to 74% and gives u more mana to deal with physical damage.

let me know your thoughs :)

pd: amazing build :)
Last edited by dabiotti on Jun 15, 2014, 9:54:58 PM
"
dabiotti wrote:
what do u think about running discipline (instead of haste) and using rainbow strides?
that increases your spell block to 74% and gives u more mana to deal with physical damage.

let me know your thoughs :)

pd: amazing build :)

I am currently running discipline actually, because I switched to cloak of defiance.

Using rainbowstrides is fine. The main issue I have with them, is the fact that they don't give max life. A smaller thing that I dont like is that they don't have armor. But the spell block and max mana are nice ofcourse :)

And Ulfgaard, I would advise using LMP instead of GMP
Last edited by iznobest on Jun 16, 2014, 5:48:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info