"This loot system is flawed and needs to change!!"

+1 for op
If I'm running with some randoms I'd like to see a chance of getting some lute.
I could sing you a tune (seewatididthar)of the gear pieces lost to team members because I'm far from the action and spamming ranged attacks and spells.
Oh what's this?
A rare bow?
No, no, I insist on you taking it Club wielding barbarian who is doubtlessly going to vendor it instantly.
If I pick and choose only the loot I think I need (not to vendor) I'll lose it reading the description and comparing my current item with it.
And if I ran facefirst at the loot to pick it up I'd be so full of bad drops and knife holes that it wouldn't be worth it especially when my inventory management requires me to play intense inventory tetris to fit a a Broadsword of + 3 width into my inventory.

It doesn't fit with the theme of the game.
if you're:
a) a tightly knit group of exiles trying to survive:
Then what is the point of everyone hoarding the loot for themselves if the chances of group survival would go up through smart division of loot?
b) a group barely held together by spit, suppressed paranoia and prayer:
Then why am I not butchering others for loot?
Most of the Exiles on Wraeclast have a "my way or none" vibe about them and I'd hardly see them holding back if someone takes an item that could mean survival for them.

FFA loot isn't a good solution.

options for need/greed , round robin or instanced loot would be good when creating a group.

I've been playing solo and am already ammassing a small fortune in currency items.

Last edited by SgtScrub on Jan 30, 2013, 4:28:43 PM
You do have a chance of getting your loot. That's what the timer is for.

Watch your drops.
"Wait, what did I just drink?" - Socrates
I'm really sick of these ad hom insinuations that anyone who dislikes FFA loot is "not a hardcore gamer" or "a D3 noob". I've been here for months, I'm a silver supporter, and I dislike FFA loot. I'm not going to rehash the same arguments I've made for the past 6 months or so on yet another thread, especially one that starts off by telling me that I'm not a real gamer because I disagree with the OP. Kindly get off your high horse and stop turning debates over game mechanics into a litmus test for who is and is not a True Scotsman among PoE fans. You don't speak for all CB supporters, and it insults those of us who disagree with you to frame this as supporters versus newcomers.

Things change. The game is in beta. The fact that we donated when things worked a certain way does not mean it would be unfair to us if things changed. TONS of shit has changed since I started playing. That's the point of a beta.
Last edited by solistus on Jan 30, 2013, 12:35:50 PM
"
GhostlightX wrote:
"
Tandimonium wrote:
You cannot join a game that is designed a specific way, with people who enjoy the game because of it being that way, and say it has to change.

If there are 10 people enjoying the game and 100 new people joining....YES YOU CAN.

So by what you say, as long as a got some people backing me, I can make a game change to whatever I want right? Atleast make intelligent arguements please.
The insinuation is due to the fact that people expect to have a core system completely changed because a small vocal minority don't like it.

There's not any reason at all why people can't watch their drops and get their own loot, except inattention or laziness. Its your job to make sure you get your drops in a pub, not GGG's

If you join a public party you better be watching like a hawk or your stuff WILL get picked up.

The backlash is because the FFA system fits perfectly with the cut throat world they've created and the many fans of this style are sick to death of people demanding changes to perfectly functional systems because they lost out on something one way or another.

Choose your party carefully and watch your drops.
"Wait, what did I just drink?" - Socrates
"
BarneyRubble wrote:
The "Authorized" thread on this subject grows everyday. It is an issue. Someone stated supporters of POE dont want an option. Im a supporter and I want an option. PVP doesn't Belong with PVE. Thats why they are normally separated. POE is a great game. Please GGG look at the growing Consensus among many. Drooling fanboys are not always the best advisers. no one looking for an option wants to do away with the current option. Just the ability to eliminate the PVP element. The only time I will join a pug is on a boss kill in act 3. There is always someone hovering over a timed piece waiting to ninja it. How does that ad to game experience other than fucking it up? These same people would be ninja looting every thing if nothing was there to stop them. Its human nature for some. Its like a dog eating cat crap. They cant help it. But some find it repugnant.

Your insults really do make your point. So yea, what does your lack of wanting to play MP have to do with changing the entire loot system? You changing the game to a carebear spoon fed loot system completely changes the game. Then it is no long PoE, it is Path Of D3.
"
GhostlightX wrote:
"
Omnivore61 wrote:
As a long time hard core pvp veteran of various games, I have to say, FFA looting in a PvE context sucks the big one. It is practically all reward and no risk for the 'ninja'. If the devs truly wanted a 'cut throat' feel, then allow pvp and full corpse looting along with FFA and longer portal/alt-f4 delays. That would be hardcore. This is phfftt playground bully in a rich kid's school. Of course, that's just my personal opinion.

What I don't get is why you all feel so threatened by an instance loot option.

Because then they cannot ninja your loot any more, obviously.

No one can ninja loot that was never yours.
"
SgtScrub wrote:
If I'm running with some randoms I'd like to see a chance of getting some lute.
I could sing you a tune (seewatididthar)of the gear pieces lost to team members because I'm far from the action and spamming ranged attacks and spells.
Oh what's this?
A rare bow?
No, no, I insist on you taking it Club wielding barbarian who is doubtlessly going to vendor it instantly.
If I pick and choose only the loot I think I need (not to vendor) I'll lose it reading the description and comparing my current item with it.
And if I ran facefirst at the loot to pick it up I'd be so full of bad drops and knife holes that it wouldn't be worth it especially when my inventory management requires me to play intense inventory tetris to fit a a Broadsword of + 3 width into my inventory.

if you're:
Then what is the point of everyone hoarding the loot for themselves if the chances of group survival would go up through smart division of loot?

FFA loot isn't a good solution.

options for need/greed , round robin or instanced loot would be good when creating a group.

I've been playing solo and am already ammassing a small fortune in currency items.

A) Quit being a pansy and risk a little for your phat loots.
B) After you get any loot listed for you, if it isnt worth having, throw it on the groud.
C) Profit
"
mrmath wrote:
The insinuation is due to the fact that people expect to have a core system completely changed because a small vocal minority don't like it.

How do you know people who dislike FFA are a minority?

"
mrmath wrote:
There's not any reason at all why people can't watch their drops and get their own loot, except inattention or laziness. Its your job to make sure you get your drops in a pub, not GGG's

There's no reason instanced loot cannot be an option. We can have our cake and you can eat it too!

"
mrmath wrote:
The backlash is because the FFA system fits perfectly with the cut throat world they've created and the many fans of this style are sick to death of people demanding changes to perfectly functional systems because they lost out on something one way or another.

I'd like to repeat what SgtScrub said:
"
SgtScrub wrote:
if you're:
I beat cruel, ruthless and merciless and all I got were some maps.
XBone: the beginning of the end.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info