[ 2.0 ] Vaal Pact Dual Claw Build Level 92 ( Atziri Viable + BOTW S: 2 EP: 9 )

"
grindst0ne wrote:
Preliminary skill tree (not tested, just theorycrafting). Includes crit nodes and mana reserved reduction:
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBAAYDhwSxBbUNjRXwFfYV_Ra_GYoZtBqPG60i6iPTI_YmlSoLKjgwcTY9OkJF9Ed-Sn1LV0t4TGBM_02STipR2VVLW69eRV-wYeJieWKsZK9lTWqTapVsjG1sbydvV2-ecFJ3B4MJhMWE2YcTh3aKOIw2jX2Nv5KAkvOTkJVmlcyaapu1nKSdqqLZo4qmf7CSsNixs7TFtUi9Nr6nvwDA48LswzrKSs3q1CPdqOOf6NbrFO0_7UHuDvGz8-r22vlj-uv7CfzF_5M=

Not sure if I have enough life / statpoints, or if this is really optimal.
There's something interesting going on at the bottom of the tree. Near the Fangs of Frost circle there's a socket. There's also a jewel that converts all % cold damage within the radius to % phys. So essentially you would get +50% phys dmg from the Fangs of Frost circle! Of course, that does take a jewel socket and 2 nodes with minor increases to eva (and one extra stat node for getting there), so I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Did you skip the mana leech node?

Otherwise it looks pretty good. I presume, with the weakened state of leech in single target, the idea has been to replace it with more evasion and try and boost single target dps in order to maintain that same survivability vs bosses and strong individual targets?
Yeah, skipped, but of course that's a good option as well if you need it (easy to replace some nodes). I didn't pick it because I didn't need it on my previous build (but things have probably changed a lot so it's hard to tell without testing).

I actually think Essence Sap at the bottom of the tree is better than the good old Mind Drinker.

I did pick a few nodes in that build to boost the leech a bit. More dps = more leech, so that works fine as well. I used to run something comparable with herald proliferate, worked very well. High single target dps and sufficient aoe burn. Not sure if that's still viable.

I hope that with the new lockstep mode, we won't need to go mass life because it should be easier to react to things. However, same thing as always still applies: if you rely a lot on eva you WILL eventually get that 5k crit off some mob or boss, so for HC things may be different.

Note that I run my dual claw shadow with a Bringer of Rain, which works really well even with acrobatics.
Last edited by grindst0ne on Jul 12, 2015, 7:34:02 PM
Is this build always work ? It's the only build that I love to do with my Shadow, but I don't know if it works at endgame.
No idea if this will work at end game, I haven't been following the beta at all.
New concept: http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBAAYEsQUtBWYFtQ2NFfAV9hX9Fr8Zihm0Go8i6iPTI_YmlSoLMHE2PTpCQzFF9Ed-Sn1LV0t4TGBM_02STipR2VVLW69eRV-wYeJieWKsZK9lTWqTapVsjG1sbydvV2-ecFJ07XgZeu-ExYTZh3aKOIw2jX2Nv49gkoCS85OQlWaVzJpqm7WdqqLZo4qmf7CSsNixs7TFtUi9Nr6nvwDA48GgwuzDOsS4ykrN6tQj1fjWB9ZY2sHdqOOf6NbrFO0_7UHuDvGz8-r22vlj-uv7CfzF_5M=

I didn't pick Vaal Pact now, so that I can make use of the extra life regen from Golem's Blood and Master of the Arena (my previous dual claw shadow also didn't run Vaal Pact). I just don't see a good way to add more life (which is still great) without going to the Scion wheel. The only thing that's an option is Revenge of the Hunted, but it's pretty underwhelming. I also picked Essence Sap, which seems pretty solid.

I compared this to my previous build and I gain some dps and life leech mechanic nodes, but I lose flat HP (from +62 to +22).
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYBAdwDhwSxBbUJWAvBDY0R1RX9Fr8brSFgIuoj9iaVKjgwcTB8NZI17zY9OkI67UMxRJ5F9Ed-Sn1KyEscS3hMYEz_TZJN404qUUdR2VO7VUtXl1uvXkVei2BBYeJirGNwZK9lTWeAapVsjG1sbbRuqm87b1d343gNgUGDvYTFhNmHdoo4jDaNfY2Bjb-PwZKAkvOTkJVmmhebtZ2qotmjiqZXpn-oB6lusJKw2LGztMW1SLXyvTa-p78Av9XAGsFJwYvC7MM6yNzT_NQj1gfYvdun3ajd5-Of5ojo1usU7UHuDu_j-uv8xf4d_o__kw==

The build I made and am trying to follow.
Not sure if it will be effective in the long run.
It has life and mana leach and damage nodes, with no crit.
I picked some dual wield blocking nodes coupled with some life nodes for added survival, but I don't think the block nodes will be very useful with Acrobatics.
Last edited by wertysage on Jul 12, 2015, 11:03:47 PM
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAsNii2VHZsJL_kxa_JpVh4lVLjDaxs-1Bpn-1SG1sNj2dqmKsbIy0xRX9jYFLHI_B1gdvV4o4ZK9F9MLsBbWNv9QjMHHdqEt4OkLo1iLqwzoqOFFHMHyNfSP2TZKjikxgBLGVZgOHG63v49N-AF4Zju2DCC6bjSpNPydKyG6qtfI1kti9hNm-p2VNvTZHfmBBY3ALwVeXQzG_1VO7RJ4hYMGL26cJWNP8gUE17zrtXovd54O9GbQtgxUg73r2owDuLOmGs31brEcZivsJ9tpybGxGMglttKgHZ4Aaj-sU

Reworked my previous non-crit tree to make it more efficient. Would still have 3 additional points left from 2.0. Again not sure if I'd use the charisma nodes. If it doesn't let me run hatred, arctic armour and herald of ash then that will free up four additional points.
I have huge problem with mana now. Picked Spirit Void and Essence Sap, but still with 3.2% mana leeched on both hands I can't attack continuously. Any ideas how to counter this?
"
H3xx0r wrote:
I have huge problem with mana now. Picked Spirit Void and Essence Sap, but still with 3.2% mana leeched on both hands I can't attack continuously. Any ideas how to counter this?

I'd guess try and get more flat mana increases, from gear or nodes, but it's hard to tell. In that case Mind Drinker would still be a good option (+15 flat mana). Kind of sucks if it turns out we will be in mana problems! I don't really see how we can improve it with the current passive tree and not gimp on other stats.

Also the new Gemini Claw seems like it could provide a good solution (if you can find a good one).
Last edited by grindst0ne on Jul 13, 2015, 5:12:19 AM
Let's just delete, we can't cwdt + totem now :
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1314053/my-posts/1

nor cwdt enduring cry because it's a war cry.

Last edited by Pandaroux on Jul 13, 2015, 8:13:08 AM
Spent 30 mins and came up with this :

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAAF4A7gOHBLEFLQVmBfkILghJC8EVIBXwFf0WvxmOG60hYCLqI_YmlSoLKjgqTSzpMHEyATWSNe82PTpCOu0_J0MxRJ5F9Ed-SshLHEt4TGBM_02STipR2VO7VUtW6FeXW69eRWBBYeJirGNwZK9lTWeAapVsjG1sbbRuqm9XcFJ07XrvfVuBQYTZijiMNo19jYGNv49gj8GQCpKAkvOVZpoXmyadqqLZo4qmf6gHrEewkrDYsbOyGbLctMW1SLXyvTa-p7_VwYvDOs96037UI9YH1ljYvdrB3Q3dqOCV53To1usU7UHtg-967-Pz6vaj-WP66_-T

Health + Resists, Dmg, Evasion, Essence Sap, Vaal Pact, Small Crit

I take Golem's blood even with VP because as far as i can tell it is the most efficient way to get 20% life out of 4 points without deviating too far. Also the 2 int nodes are based on my current requirements and can be dropped depending on gear.

I feel like the 30% phys will go further than the 12% Aspeed at the begging of the shadow tree but im sure someone smarter than me will explain why that isn't the case.

First go at a build so let me know if there is any way to squeeze out some more efficiency here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info