[ 2.0 ] Vaal Pact Dual Claw Build Level 92 ( Atziri Viable + BOTW S: 2 EP: 9 )

"
grindst0ne wrote:
If you use acrobatics with bringer of rain, it takes the 15% block chance down to 11%, so it's not that bad because you also get 30% chance to dodge. Iron reflexes is a bit more variable. You get the 15% block (+4% chance) but you also get more benefit from the armor rate of bringer of rain, which I guess is around an extra 3-4% damage reduction (if you only look at that item), i.e. around ~220-250 extra armor.

So, overall, I think I would actually prefer acrobatics. What do you think?

Edit: Btw. using a 5-link Carcass Jack with Reave-Concentrated effect-Melee phys-faster attacks-multistrike I get around 10k more dps (using a build similar to your regular build) using abyssus in the helm slot. it's possible to do high level maps, but it's much more yolo because of abyssus.

Edit2: Oh and for reave: it can be even cheaper - use 1 high dps claw mainhand (as reave only uses this weapon for dps) and a bloodseeker in the offhand. You can then also skip vaal pact completely.

remember you get a -30% to block when you take on acrobatic so basically its a massive penalty I am not too sure where you get your number from of 11%.

if i used abyssus my dps will go up by insane amount too but the penalty isn't worth it if you
want to level up.

If you use reave it will alternate the attack and I assure you that dual strike ( using both weapon at one time ) will do more damage than just one weapon even with the additional gem slot since you don't need melee splash.

Well, the 11% is basically 15% minus 30% of 15%, which is ~4.5 (apparently it rounds up to 11%) as far as I know (maybe I'm wrong? could be). Because I have acrobatics, it's just a matter of equipping / unequipping bringer of rain, and then I see that if I equip it, it increases my chance to block by 11% (not 15%).

Abyssus is very hit and miss I think. You can run through maps really quickly. If you have enough hp to survive a crit, you will survive if you use enduring cry / immortal call cast on hit. I also run it with decoy totem on hit which gives me more time to get my hp up (with instant hp flasks). The big problem is desyncs and not seeing dangerous rare/unique creatures and exiles on time (= death).

Ah yeah you're right about reave (I was confused with double strike).
Once you get to 90+ you really do not want to risk dying even once so I don't use Abyssus

-30+15= -15% block ... Even with dual wield bonus your block (+15) will be 0% block chance.

You will invest heavily in block on the passive node to make block worth while

ps : You must have invested pretty much in block if you got 11% block with acrobatics
Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Mar 24, 2015, 2:54:53 PM
Here is a screenshot of my defences with Bringer of Rain and Acrobatics + Phase Acrobatics...
http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/708529391505554100/797ECDAEBC046282D8B1B48DDF0F50F2A60B6FA5/
Is this 24% block, or -6%? Does it show this -30% in the list?

(edit: my resistances and hp are still low, I'm working on them atm!)
edit2: I also love this build with Bringer of Rain and dual strike, I just ran a 75 map without problems (leveled up to 81!).
edit3: oh and I also do not have vaal pact for this build... http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAAYB3AW1FfYV_Ra_GbQj9iaVKgss6TBxMHwyCTWSNj06QkX0R35KfUscS3hNklFHUdlVS1b6W69eRWHiYnlirGSvZU1ngGegbEZsjG1sbbRuaW9XcFJybHfXeA1_K4TZh3aKOIw2jX2NgY2_j8GS852qotmmf6c0qAepbrCSsNixs7TFtUi18r02voq-p8CcwuzK09Qj1fjWB9aK2L3dDd2o44Tjn-1B8-r66_zF_5M=
But yeah a big problem atm is hp and resistances, so I will focus on that!
Last edited by grindst0ne on Mar 25, 2015, 8:35:48 AM
"
grindst0ne wrote:
Here is a screenshot of my defences with Bringer of Rain and Acrobatics + Phase Acrobatics...
http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/708529391505554100/797ECDAEBC046282D8B1B48DDF0F50F2A60B6FA5/
Is this 24% block, or -6%? Does it show this -30% in the list?

(edit: my resistances and hp are still low, I'm working on them atm!)
edit2: I also love this build with Bringer of Rain and dual strike, I just ran a 75 map without problems (leveled up to 81!).
edit3: oh and I also do not have vaal pact for this build... http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAAYB3AW1FfYV_Ra_GbQj9iaVKgss6TBxMHwyCTWSNj06QkX0R35KfUscS3hNklFHUdlVS1b6W69eRWHiYnlirGSvZU1ngGegbEZsjG1sbbRuaW9XcFJybHfXeA1_K4TZh3aKOIw2jX2NgY2_j8GS852qotmmf6c0qAepbrCSsNixs7TFtUi18r02voq-p8CcwuzK09Qj1fjWB9aK2L3dDd2o44Tjn-1B8-r66_zF_5M=
But yeah a big problem atm is hp and resistances, so I will focus on that!

I have no idea why your block is so high.. I need further research.. The only thing I can think off is that the 30% is 30% less of your total block rather a straight -30 block

I will research when I log in this evening

So maybe it's just that "30% less of total block chance%", so 30% of 15% = 11% (I had 13% before this).

So far it's a really cool build variation. I use a Melee Physical on Full Health gem because of the high block and dodge (I don't get hit often, and if I do it regenerates back to full hp quite quickly). The only problem with that gem is of course if you get a dot on you or an army of monsters.

I think I'll go for the warrior's blood fast hp regen node and pick some more hp nodes from there (it helps with the melee on full life gem). Also have flasks that regen hp really quickly (but maybe vaal pact will work even better; I will test).

I also no longer use enduring cry and immortal call (there is a real lack of gem room! that's the only big problem with BoR). Instead, I use Decoy Totem, but I'm not sure if it's better. Also use vaal grace for boss fights.

As I said before, the biggest problem is huge crits and hits. Reflect is no longer a big problem because I detect it in time (I don't die immediately even when I'm no-braining). Going to get my hp up from now on!
"
grindst0ne wrote:
So maybe it's just that "30% less of total block chance%", so 30% of 15% = 11% (I had 13% before this).

you are correct regarding it being 30% less ( you learn something every day ) . Its still very viable as long as you don't invest too much in block but generally speaking 24% of block is pretty solid stuff
Bumping this to show it to a friend lol.
Alright, here's an update about Bringer of Rain. Just hit lvl 88 and it's been going pretty well! The only things that wreck me are related to desyncs and lagspikes. Also for some stupid reason the melee attacks tend to hit the 'air' instead of a monster every now and then, which is really annoying. I think it might be due to the high attack speed.

I'm clocking 72800dps atm with mediocre claws (I don't use melee splash but proliferate).

Some things I cleared:
- rare lvl 77 maps
- poorjoy's without death (treat every room as a boss room! takes ages)
- merveil / piety / dominus lvl 74 / necropolis boss without dying (basically every time now)

Wanna try Atziri soon!

Don't try to tank any of these bosses btw. Get to know the fight a bit and use whirling blades. Only go in when some important high dmg skill has been popped by the boss. Hit a few times and go away again. Use portal back to hideout when needed.

EDIT: I updated my tree! Took some more life nodes, and accuracy. Decided to remove berserking as it is worse for the build than duality (need higher phys damage for the overkill burn effect). Now sitting at a more healthy 4850 hp (still needs to be higher!).

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAsNii2VHZsJL_kxa_JpVh4lVLjDamf-1BsbO1SPPqKgtwUm1sNj3jhKc0wJxsjJ2qYqy0xRX9ijhkr0X0b1eNgUscj8HWB8LsBbXUIzBxOkJLeN2ojb9RRzB8fyvWio19I_ZNkkp945-Hdmeg_MVW-nfXAAYV9mJ5W6_dDb02ZU2-pxm0ytMs6dX4bml4Db6KAdyE2cS4Z4CoB220tfKpbti9NZJKyG6q6GbvDhQgXz_BBHloC2HkUVBHTeP-j6ZXlWYEsUxgo4obrQOH

I probably need more life nodes!
Didn't pick Vaal Pact, but took Warrior's Blood instead. It works really nice with my build. I find that regen is very useful in combination with Immortal Call when it's triggered (you regen some hp). Also just don't need it.

Also I'm using the BoR + acrobatics thing I posted about earlier, works really well.

Items I use:

As you can see my stuff is pretty mediocre. Rings are about 5-15 chaos. Clauws also ~15chaos (they're pretty low in pDPS). I basically went balls out on Bringer of Rain, bought a legacy one with my currency because I was still too far away from a 6L carcass jack. I'm glad I did!

Tabula rasa doesn't do anything in this build, but I use it to level gems.

The biggest problem with Bringer of Rain is that you lack all the suffixes and affixes of a chestpiece, so you need more resistances on your gear. The great jewels are therefore pretty expensive!

Btw. A bit of energy shield for this build is great. You want to make optimal use of melee dmg on full life (you have high evade/dodge/block so it's great), but if you have burning ground / desecrated ground it's kind of crappy, so a bit of ES is a nice buffer.

I switched back to the Enduring Cry / Immortal Call combo as it's a real lifesaver, especially when you get surprise buttsex from a pack of devourers (you won't die).

Vaal grace is awesome.

Now the interesting thing is that I don't use a melee splash gem!!! Instead, I use herald of ash+proliferate as you can see. Works great! I think melee splash is a bit overrated. This is just as fast. The only problem is huge packs of magic monsters (takes a while for proliferate to work). That's why I have Vaal Cyclone, aka the blender. Awesome stuff! Will clear out everything.

Some tips for vaal cyclone:
- it will reduce your fps massively. Only use it if you prepare a bit. It helps to pop vaal grace before you use it. It will clear rooms super fast, but you won't be able to escape any oh shit situations because of the fps lag.
- The range is gigantic, try and place yourself a bit outside a group (not in the middle) for a great effect: you won't get all the mobs on you at once.

I also use Gang's Momentum - really nice synergy with herald of ash and proliferate! It lacks the HP though, so you may want to just use some nice HP / phys dps / resistance boots.

All in all, I think this build costs about 5ex if you don't count the gems and the legacy BoR.
- normal BoR 2ex
- rings and amulet 1ex for all 3
- both claws 1ex
- other stuff 1ex (just get a corrupted tabula rasa, it doesn't matter)

Oh and here are my flasks! Flasks are really really important, the eva increase is really great. I spam them whenever I can. The ample flasks is awesome because I can pop the flask twice thanks to it:

Here are some screenies on imgur: http://imgur.com/a/5ZojG

HP seems a bit low, but remember that most of the jewels I use are kind of crappy - you can easily gain ~500 hp if you have better gear. DPS can be further increased with better claws!

Hope this is useful, let me know what you think!!
Last edited by grindst0ne on Apr 12, 2015, 10:16:42 PM
"
grindst0ne wrote:
Alright, here's an update about Bringer of Rain. Just hit lvl 88 and it's been going pretty well! The only things that wreck me are related to desyncs and lagspikes. Also for some stupid reason the melee attacks tend to hit the 'air' instead of a monster every now and then, which is really annoying. I think it might be due to the high attack speed.

I'm clocking 72800dps atm with mediocre claws (I don't use melee splash but proliferate).

Some things I cleared:
- rare lvl 77 maps
- poorjoy's without death (treat every room as a boss room! takes ages)
- merveil / piety / dominus lvl 74 / necropolis boss without dying (basically every time now)

Wanna try Atziri soon!

Don't try to tank any of these bosses btw. Get to know the fight a bit and use whirling blades. Only go in when some important high dmg skill has been popped by the boss. Hit a few times and go away again. Use portal back to hideout when needed.

EDIT: I updated my tree! Took some more life nodes, and accuracy. Decided to remove berserking as it is worse for the build than duality (need higher phys damage for the overkill burn effect). Now sitting at a more healthy 4850 hp (still needs to be higher!).

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAsNii2VHZsJL_kxa_JpVh4lVLjDamf-1BsbO1SPPqKgtwUm1sNj3jhKc0wJxsjJ2qYqy0xRX9ijhkr0X0b1eNgUscj8HWB8LsBbXUIzBxOkJLeN2ojb9RRzB8fyvWio19I_ZNkkp945-Hdmeg_MVW-nfXAAYV9mJ5W6_dDb02ZU2-pxm0ytMs6dX4bml4Db6KAdyE2cS4Z4CoB220tfKpbti9NZJKyG6q6GbvDhQgXz_BBHloC2HkUVBHTeP-j6ZXlWYEsUxgo4obrQOH

I probably need more life nodes!
Didn't pick Vaal Pact, but took Warrior's Blood instead. It works really nice with my build. I find that regen is very useful in combination with Immortal Call when it's triggered (you regen some hp). Also just don't need it.

Also I'm using the BoR + acrobatics thing I posted about earlier, works really well.

Items I use:

As you can see my stuff is pretty mediocre. Rings are about 5-15 chaos. Clauws also ~15chaos (they're pretty low in pDPS). I basically went balls out on Bringer of Rain, bought a legacy one with my currency because I was still too far away from a 6L carcass jack. I'm glad I did!

Tabula rasa doesn't do anything in this build, but I use it to level gems.

The biggest problem with Bringer of Rain is that you lack all the suffixes and affixes of a chestpiece, so you need more resistances on your gear. The great jewels are therefore pretty expensive!

Btw. A bit of energy shield for this build is great. You want to make optimal use of melee dmg on full life (you have high evade/dodge/block so it's great), but if you have burning ground / desecrated ground it's kind of crappy, so a bit of ES is a nice buffer.

I switched back to the Enduring Cry / Immortal Call combo as it's a real lifesaver, especially when you get surprise buttsex from a pack of devourers (you won't die).

Vaal grace is awesome.

Now the interesting thing is that I don't use a melee splash gem!!! Instead, I use herald of ash+proliferate as you can see. Works great! I think melee splash is a bit overrated. This is just as fast. The only problem is huge packs of magic monsters (takes a while for proliferate to work). That's why I have Vaal Cyclone, aka the blender. Awesome stuff! Will clear out everything.

Some tips for vaal cyclone:
- it will reduce your fps massively. Only use it if you prepare a bit. It helps to pop vaal grace before you use it. It will clear rooms super fast, but you won't be able to escape any oh shit situations because of the fps lag.
- The range is gigantic, try and place yourself a bit outside a group (not in the middle) for a great effect: you won't get all the mobs on you at once.

I also use Gang's Momentum - really nice synergy with herald of ash and proliferate! It lacks the HP though, so you may want to just use some nice HP / phys dps / resistance boots.

All in all, I think this build costs about 5ex if you don't count the gems and the legacy BoR.
- normal BoR 2ex
- rings and amulet 1ex for all 3
- both claws 1ex
- other stuff 1ex (just get a corrupted tabula rasa, it doesn't matter)

Oh and here are my flasks! Flasks are really really important, the eva increase is really great. I spam them whenever I can. The ample flasks is awesome because I can pop the flask twice thanks to it:

Here are some screenies on imgur: http://imgur.com/a/5ZojG

HP seems a bit low, but remember that most of the jewels I use are kind of crappy - you can easily gain ~500 hp if you have better gear. DPS can be further increased with better claws!

Hope this is useful, let me know what you think!!

Thats a very interesting take on the build. Well done !!

Generally this build really peak out at level 90 since going up is so painful being acrobatic
and melee since its very sensitive to spike damage.
Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Apr 14, 2015, 7:57:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info