[ 2.0 ] Vaal Pact Dual Claw Build Level 92 ( Atziri Viable + BOTW S: 2 EP: 9 )

The new Duelist tree in 1.3 looks worse for this build. Any passive ideas?
My curiosity is also piqued in regards to what you have to say about the forthcoming changes. I've been using your build since pre-1.2 (I had reached about level 50 before Forsaken Masters, having just started). I'm currently over halfway to 89 (and have learned, more or less, which maps will keep me there). I honestly love the build. Looking forward to any insights you have with the upcoming changes, primarily those regarding Acrobatics. It seems that all of the dual-wield block points might be better invested in defensive/offensive stat. And of course, mana flows is now much more accessible.

Looking forward to any insights if you get the chance! Thanks a ton for the build.
"
Bojka666 wrote:
The new Duelist tree in 1.3 looks worse for this build. Any passive ideas?

I've got a couple of ideas that I will update when it comes out
"
thisonesonus wrote:
My curiosity is also piqued in regards to what you have to say about the forthcoming changes. I've been using your build since pre-1.2 (I had reached about level 50 before Forsaken Masters, having just started). I'm currently over halfway to 89 (and have learned, more or less, which maps will keep me there). I honestly love the build. Looking forward to any insights you have with the upcoming changes, primarily those regarding Acrobatics. It seems that all of the dual-wield block points might be better invested in defensive/offensive stat. And of course, mana flows is now much more accessible.

Looking forward to any insights if you get the chance! Thanks a ton for the build.

I want to focus on my build being tanky because at the moment even with 4.5k hp I can still get one shot. I don't think you really need more than 40 to 50k dps.. I mean its nice having 80k+ dps but I would rather sacrifice a bit to be able to do Atziz and not get one shot.

For the above purpose, I think the change has been a great help to my build. The block penalty sucks but it has allow me to link up towards the templer passive section

i've updated a preview of 1.3 passive tree build on my forum.. Enjoy
Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Dec 6, 2014, 4:47:23 PM
I really like what you've done with it. You're very right - I reflect myself to death more often than I'd like. I hadn't even thought of venturing that far west. I was stuck looking around the witch or templar regions. I was initially disappointed with the block reduction, but this looks like it will increase EHP more than the losses from the Acrobatics nerf. Thanks again.
"
thisonesonus wrote:
I really like what you've done with it. You're very right - I reflect myself to death more often than I'd like. I hadn't even thought of venturing that far west. I was stuck looking around the witch or templar regions. I was initially disappointed with the block reduction, but this looks like it will increase EHP more than the losses from the Acrobatics nerf. Thanks again.

Don't worry man :) Glad that I helped !! Probably make two version

1) One tanky to push past level 90+ ( and Atziz)

2) More similar to my original build where it just super fast and fun to play but can be
a bit of a glass cannon.
Well ive been playing this build a while now off and on would like to post my setup pre 1.3 to show people what I ended up with

First thing is a switch to reave , clear speed with IAOE is awesome and damage buff with CE is pretty good

tooltip with IAOE is 14122 // with CE is 22946

Single target dual strike does more DPS but changing only 1 gem out when needed is gold :)

Here is my tree at lvl 80 :

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAAYDhwSxBbUJWBRSFSAV9hX9Fr8Y2xutI_YmlSo4Kk0s6TBxMHw0kzWSNj06Qj8nRfRHfkp9SshLeExgTZJN404qUUdR2VVLVuhW-luvXLBh4mJ5YqxjcGSvZU1noGyMbWxuaW6qb1dwcn11fyuE2Yd2ijiMNo19jb-QCpVmmSudqp-CotmjiqZXpn-pbrCSsNixs7TFtUi18rZBvYG-p8GLwuzEuNN-0_zUI9X41orYvdun3Q3dqOCV7UHuDu_j_MX-j_66_5M=

In the end was torn between crit and survivability and tried to choose a bit of both as a result

Hatred and Purity of elements have been the only auras I run with , herald of ash i can toggle with PoE if the map is safer resistance wise

Heres my current gear :

The introduction of the helmet and 5 linking the carcass jack (finally) really changed the build for me and elevated gameplay experience alot , while some of the rolls are pretty average , its still a really fun build to play .

Thanks for the guide :)
Last edited by Rogueweapon on Dec 10, 2014, 9:49:32 AM
"
Rogueweapon wrote:
Well ive been playing this build a while now off and on would like to post my setup pre 1.3 to show people what I ended up with

First thing is a switch to reave , clear speed with IAOE is awesome and damage buff with CE is pretty good

tooltip with IAOE is 14122 // with CE is 22946

Single target dual strike does more DPS but changing only 1 gem out when needed is gold :)

Here is my tree at lvl 80 :

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAAYDhwSxBbUJWBRSFSAV9hX9Fr8Y2xutI_YmlSo4Kk0s6TBxMHw0kzWSNj06Qj8nRfRHfkp9SshLeExgTZJN404qUUdR2VVLVuhW-luvXLBh4mJ5YqxjcGSvZU1noGyMbWxuaW6qb1dwcn11fyuE2Yd2ijiMNo19jb-QCpVmmSudqp-CotmjiqZXpn-pbrCSsNixs7TFtUi18rZBvYG-p8GLwuzEuNN-0_zUI9X41orYvdun3Q3dqOCV7UHuDu_j_MX-j_66_5M=

In the end was torn between crit and survivability and tried to choose a bit of both as a result

Hatred and Purity of elements have been the only auras I run with , herald of ash i can toggle with PoE if the map is safer resistance wise

Heres my current gear :

The introduction of the helmet and 5 linking the carcass jack (finally) really changed the build for me and elevated gameplay experience alot , while some of the rolls are pretty average , its still a really fun build to play .

Thanks for the guide :)

Double blood seeker, nice one of these days if I could be bothered I'll probably get a couple of these unique claws and see how they compare to Vaal pact :)
Hi,
Thank you very much for the build. I've been enjoying this build since rampage and am excited about the changes that were made with the new tree.
I was able to do atziri runs with the old tree before the 1.3 update (level 92), so the build is atziri viable in my opinion. You need a bit of skill to do them deathless though. :P

About the new update, I am really torn apart between the two builds. I loved the quick and fun build, but I have to admit, I died quite a bit with the low survivability.

Just have one questions about the Deathless build tree though.

I noticed you picked the Warrior's blood node.
With Vaal Pact, wouldn't life regeneration be useless? If that node was picked for strength, wouldn't it be better to take the +30 strength node near twin terror/think skin instead?

On a side note, I am currently doing the new build (high survivability one) on Torment, and noticing the mana and intelligence issues from the beginning. Mana is a big problem without the mana drinker node, and it seems it will take a while until I can take a mana node. But this might be because I am not using clarity right now. And the lack of intelligence is prominent with the attribute requirement for the claws.

Other than that, it's been going great.

Thank you for the really fun build :)

p.s. would you be able to make a build that's average version of the two builds?
Last edited by excel4538 on Dec 14, 2014, 4:33:07 AM
"
excel4538 wrote:
Hi,

On a side note, I am currently doing the new build (high survivability one) on Torment, and noticing the mana and intelligence issues from the beginning. Mana is a big problem without the mana drinker node, and it seems it will take a while until I can take a mana node. But this might be because I am not using clarity right now. And the lack of intelligence is prominent with the attribute requirement for the claws.

Hi,

I'm quite noob in path of exile and I start a new shadow torment following this build.

I'm facing the same issue than excel4538. I'm following the high survivability too.

I'm actually lvl29 and facing an intel problem for claws. I have lvl26 claws, it needs 56 int but I only have 44 right now.

So what to do ? I see I can take trickery for a while (it gives 20intel) and respect after ... but later claws will need more intel, and in the build there is no intel nodes right now.
Or I try to find and armor piece with int ?

I have no mana problem right now : I'm using clarity, but try melee splash + dual strike, it's very short in mana, but in 2 lvl I will get soul raker, It will resolve this problem.

Thanks for the build, it's fun to play.

Waiting for a good solution for the int :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info