[ 2.0 ] Vaal Pact Dual Claw Build Level 92 ( Atziri Viable + BOTW S: 2 EP: 9 )

"
aitalar wrote:
Can i run this build from lvl 1? :) Returning to the game tmr, never played the shadow b4

Let me explain a little about me. I probably have been playing 3 weeks now so I'm still a noob. My first toon made it to level 35ish in softcore league and I decided to try HC out. I had ZERO knowledge about the game (I'm maybe 2 steps above that now) and searched the forums for a build. I wanted to go with a Templar but ended up picking this build because hey, who doesn't like ninjas? I made it to lvl 42 and died farming Piety. I was on the crappy computer (letting my kid use the better one) and I had massive frame lag and accidentally opened a strongbox. No clue what killed me as I pretty much froze up.

My point is: I had ZERO knowledge about this game what so ever. My gear was LAUGHABLE. I had no idea what I was doing what so freaking ever. Since that toon I have tried 3-5 other shadow builds, 2 or so templar builds, and a duelist who got to about lvl 35 that died in docks because I'm stupid and figured I could kill the 4 mobs that were draining my hp like crazy before they got me. I was wrong. This build by far was my favorite build and easiest to play/level up to 42.

I actually deleted my other toon this morning and going to remake my shadow following this guide again as it was a blast and easy. Sorry if this doesn't help you at all if you're looking for answers past lvl 42 but up to that point, it is extremely viable. I was never in danger of dieing until that point either.

Sorry if I rambled on.
Question for someone who has played at high level with this build.
Why Take Heart of the Oak and then Vaal Pact? The 1% life regen from Heart of Oak is negated by Vaal Pact. Do the other benefits / its position near other good stuff still make it worth it?
"
smuggl3r wrote:
At your stats you have 308-762 main hand cold damage. Where does this damage come from? You have some cold damage on your gear, but not that much, and lvl20 herald of ice only gives 53-70.

That damage comes from running Hatred aura
Final lvl 91 Update :3

My Gear
Spoiler

My Tree:

78k-95k Dps and 4.6k Hp.
Running only Hatred and Herald of Ash (I swap for lvl 11 Clarity on half-regen maps)
Frenzy + MS + PCoC + Inc. Crit => Kill trash to get a nice *boost* :)

A quick 'n sloppy vid killing Dom:

This was my first "serious build" and I love it to this day. Fun to play & easy to set up and there's always room to upgrade. Ofc it has its weaknesses and litte pains, but overall its the best melee build I've ever played.

Thus, once again, thank you NineDeadEyes :3

Feel free to contact me in-game or on the forum if you have some questions while the author is absent :)
WTB List: - Shrubbery, only the best!; Mirror - wooden frame - 90x50cm
Last edited by SchwarzeSonne on Oct 25, 2014, 1:36:04 PM
"
roddyriot wrote:
Question for someone who has played at high level with this build.
Why Take Heart of the Oak and then Vaal Pact? The 1% life regen from Heart of Oak is negated by Vaal Pact. Do the other benefits / its position near other good stuff still make it worth it?

I am still relatively new to POE but have played this build to level 65 so please feel free to correct if I am understanding this incorrectly.

Heart of Oak is a good passive for:
(a) 8% life which is a fairly good value by itself.
(b) 30% stun avoidance is fairly valuable as this build does not run unwavering stance and any hits which will pass through evasion/dodge have potential of stunning. Heart of Oak decreased probability of being stunned.

The value of this passive is lower if you are running this build with the Eye of Chayula. I took this passive around the time the 'Eye' needed to be replaced by a better amulet.
How important is it to have one of the claws be a 6% leech claw, i.e. terror claw? I notice both you and the thread originator use a terror claw.
"
Sgravion wrote:
ok.
i'll leave poe.

(75) necropolis boss: unduable.
(74) residence boss: unduable.

max fps with 2 player's party: 1.
masters: unusefull.
who says (with this build at least) that boss above are doable, is a lol.

in 1.1.5 i've no problem.

ok, after a try with a witch physical wander and a scion dual dagger vaal pact, i found my way as definitive solution for every mod and every boss... it's a mix of ninedeadaeyes and sando's vaal pact builds...

in higher maps and without acuity's gloves the survaibility is very very hard sometimes even worst.

i swapped my 20/20 melee splash for a 19 lvl LL and added some master's craft to remove Purity of elements for HoA wich give a sort of AoE effect.

then i swapped the 4L Whirling Blades for a 4L Spectral throw which always caps my power charges and give me a nice Ranged AoE attack, the great weak point of this build.

Result:
i raised my DPS to 100k+ without Abyssus, with a such DPS HoA gives a nice over the time DMG on all around mobs. and with spectral throw 80% of mobs come to face me at 1/4 of their life. (when they arrive... lol).

but the best is facing hardest boss: now i can kill Mervil without problems even in 75 maps since my base LL at 27+% (without atziri flask!)!!
*cough* if you know what you are doing, even 78 Dom is a joke, even with mods like chain or increased damage... with 2x 3-use quicksilver and purity of fire instead of herald and ele flasks (good internet of course) you can do normal atziri too. this build is amazing, you just really have to plan your movements. and yes, with LL instead of splash, it gets even easier
WTB List: - Shrubbery, only the best!; Mirror - wooden frame - 90x50cm
Last edited by SchwarzeSonne on Nov 10, 2014, 11:05:48 AM
you guys !!

Its been a while..

Just thought I'll drop my hideout here 'The Court of the Dead End King'

Last couple of months been mostly doing daily missions when I can be bothered to create this :)

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1098769

Cya you guys when Act 4 comes out or when they make major changes to the passive tree !!

Have fun dual clawing !!
"
SchwarzeSonne wrote:
Final lvl 91 Update :3

Thus, once again, thank you NineDeadEyes :3

Feel free to contact me in-game or on the forum if you have some questions while the author is absent :)

Don't worry about it man, and thanks for answering questions whilst I've been in semi-retirement :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info