[ 2.0 ] Vaal Pact Dual Claw Build Level 92 ( Atziri Viable + BOTW S: 2 EP: 9 )

"
Borgese wrote:

I'm running Purity to augment my horrible resists (crappy rings and amu because I'm poor) so Clarity is out of the question atm.
But I just did a quick run of Catacombs and mana issues weren't that bad after all, maybe I've just become a better player since then (or finally got over my disappointment with the leech nerf). I have 21+k dps (with Hatred and 5 frenzy charges) with 24% insta life leech and 3% mana leech, 3900+ HP, 30% dodge and 48% block chance, so desyncing and running out of mana is pretty much the only thing that can kill me. And I also spam the hybrid&mana flasks when it seems I'm running out of mana when I shouldn't be. The worst desync death that happened to me was to a pack of devourers on a map, maaan that was annoying.
I'll give your totem idea a try, it seems it could make a very good distraction. Buying a Tabula rasa and playing your build sounds pretty awesome too. Thanks for your advice!

Just to let you know there is a couple of super high resist unique helms that I would recommend
if you need resist :)

i think they are called Goldrim and Geofries crest. .Check them out !!

Well with 3.9k hp you can still get one shot if you are unlucky but yeah desynch can get the best of us but then again is the scraficing you make if you want to look awesome wielding two claws :) From my experience I only died once to desynch from levelling 88 to 90 so not the biggest issue for me.

also blind totem i only use for boss but for lower level content I would recommend skeleton totem instead. Check out Video section for the true power of my build, the one GGG made was an unfortunate mishap since he copied a experimental version of my build
Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Jun 10, 2014, 2:34:40 PM
"
IdI wrote:
GZ Build of the Week.

I'll try in next 4 mounth hardcore league. So keep updeiting. gl and Ty bro.

Thanks man, you might want to check out the hardcore passive tree I made for it in the 'hardcore viable ?' section of my build more life and evasion and no critical chance but then again if you play carefully I don't see why you can't do with with the normal passive tree.
Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Jun 10, 2014, 2:36:56 PM
"
Sgravion wrote:

now everything in poebuilder and in game is same.. except for total combined damage xD

poebuilder give me 5000 dps more... i recheked auras, bandit quests... but on poebuilder main hand + off hand total dps is more than in game... what could be?

I have no idea since I don't use poebuilder. Oddly the way to work 'true AOE dps' out if you got a carcass jack is the number you see on the screen - 3% whilst if you are not wearing a carcass jack it is -15%
"
ninedeadeyes wrote:
"
Borgese wrote:

Just to let you know there is a couple of super high resist unique helms that I would recommend
if you need resist :)

i think they are called Goldrim and Geofries crest. .Check them out !!

also blind totem i only use for boss but for lower level content I would recommend skeleton totem instead. Check out Video section for the true power of my build, the one GGG made was an unfortunate mishap since he copied a experimental version of my build

I do have both Goldrim and Geofri's Crest, I use them for leveling new characters. Goldrim is especially good - wear it and you're good to go till mid-cruel at least.
As for the skellitotem, I also use it quite often, it's great for diverting attention.
I'd be level 95 if it wasn't for desync. I'm level 88 and got 40% xp then I did a level 76 map, walked into a room, and boom, I died. Massive desync with a batch of devourers. It's so fucking frustrating. I mind dying to my own stupidity but I walked into an empty room and I die and it shows a room full of mobs all around me.

I know people bitch about GGG and desync but I wonder if they will ever fix it. If they did they would be so much more massive than they already are. I know a few friends who tried it and quit because desync deaths get very annoying at high levels. Especially when you get 3 deaths just as you're 10% from leveling.

That's why I took a super long break from the game. I came back to see it still wasn't fixed. I did add a /oos hotkey to my mouse which helped a bit but when it's a mob like devourers who can almost instakill you, you really have almost no chance if a desync occurs.

I'm hoping that since EA was able to make patches to their netcode maybe GGG will be able to greatly reduce desync.
"
Freakynorm wrote:
I'd be level 95 if it wasn't for desync. I'm level 88 and got 40% xp then I did a level 76 map, walked into a room, and boom, I died. Massive desync with a batch of devourers. It's so fucking frustrating. I mind dying to my own stupidity but I walked into an empty room and I die and it shows a room full of mobs all around me.

I know people bitch about GGG and desync but I wonder if they will ever fix it. If they did they would be so much more massive than they already are. I know a few friends who tried it and quit because desync deaths get very annoying at high levels. Especially when you get 3 deaths just as you're 10% from leveling.

That's why I took a super long break from the game. I came back to see it still wasn't fixed. I did add a /oos hotkey to my mouse which helped a bit but when it's a mob like devourers who can almost instakill you, you really have almost no chance if a desync occurs.

I'm hoping that since EA was able to make patches to their netcode maybe GGG will be able to greatly reduce desync.

Do you group or do you solo ?

Generally it is much safer if you group. I have been very fortunate and only had one desynch death from level 88 to 90 but when I am progressing my exp I am always grouping and not taking too much risk. If I am not 100% confident that I can dive into a massive mob and kill everything without being scratched I won't do it.

Tip : When It look like you are going to desynch I spam the shit out of all my flasks, lol

Tip 2: when you get to the last 10% just do easy low level 70s maps. It takes a little longer but if you are afraid of losing progression its the best thing to do.
Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Jun 10, 2014, 5:41:21 PM
Grats on making the BOTW. I am glad that dual claw is getting more attention. :D

While my build might be slightly different from yours, I do also use dual claw for my lvl 81 Shadow. To some extent, I also use Dual Strike, but Reve is my main theme. This character has been getting dusty since I have other lvl 80 characters to attend and real life.

Since I use Bloodseeker, my tree is much different from yours, but overall we are using dual claws to deal good amount of damage, and taking advantage of AoE from Carcass Jack.

To be honest, I got these gears (with the exception of the rings, they are self-found) way back in September 2013 when most of the stuff was relatively cheap, nowadays, the gear I am wearing is crazy expensive. @_@

Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jun 10, 2014, 5:48:24 PM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
Grats on making the BOTW. I am glad that dual claw is getting more attention. :D

While my build might be slightly different from yours, I do also use dual claw for my lvl 81 Shadow. To some extent, I also use Dual Strike, but Reve is my main theme. This character has been getting dusty since I have other lvl 80 characters to attend and real life.

Since I use Bloodseeker, my tree is much different from yours, but overall we are using dual claws to deal good amount of damage, and taking advantage of AoE from Carcass Jack.

Interesting build.. Have you ever thought about using 'double strike' instead of dual strike and then wear a shield too ?

The issue with 'reave' you don't gain much advantage from dual wielding aside from a little block.
"
ninedeadeyes wrote:

Interesting build.. Have you ever thought about using 'double strike' instead of dual strike and then wear a shield too ?

The issue with 'reave' you don't gain much advantage from dual wielding aside from a little block.

My build depends on Bloodseeker to stay alive, and I cannot make Bloodseeker be my main wep. On top of that, I would have to restructure my entire tree as it is to get better. Overall, there is no point of it. To be honest, Reave is amazing with a lot of AoE (Carcass Jack cancels out CE drawback) and having Frost Wall proc a lot pushes back the mobs which makes them easy picking for Reave.

As for double strike, heh, I already invested a lot in Dual Strike being 17/20. I do use Double strike for one of my 2H builds.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jun 10, 2014, 6:15:59 PM
I have been wanting to do a dual claws build for some time, but I'm more inclined towards starting as a duelist and going for a armor build instead of evasion.
Is it even worth it to go all the way up to the claw nodes if I start as a duelist?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info