[ 2.0 ] Vaal Pact Dual Claw Build Level 92 ( Atziri Viable + BOTW S: 2 EP: 9 )

I gotcha, thanks for the update. I did mean Ondars Guile with IR, but I see what you mean being melee without Unwavering stance. I'll keep IR on my Archer Shadow instead.

Also, one more quick question. I noticed you did not take a lot of Evasion+ passive nodes...what is the reasoning there? Just the crazy leech, block from DW, and Acrobatics/Ondars Guile?
"
Cstiker01 wrote:
I gotcha, thanks for the update. I did mean Ondars Guile with IR, but I see what you mean being melee without Unwavering stance. I'll keep IR on my Archer Shadow instead.

Also, one more quick question. I noticed you did not take a lot of Evasion+ passive nodes...what is the reasoning there? Just the crazy leech, block from DW, and Acrobatics/Ondars Guile?

Just didn't feel the need for loads of evasion. I would probably take away a few crit chance but I like criting twice per second too much,

I already got dodge, block and 'blind totem' as well as immortal call when things get sticky.. Also leech acts as a defense mechanism since I generally leech back all the damage that goes though my defense before the next hit.

It is one of those ' best defense is offense' builds

Best thing to do is watch my build in action. ( Watch level 75 map with progression gear on )
Probably can solo level 76+ but they are really expensive to buy and can at the time only afford level 75 map, lol ( I'm actually really really poor)
Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Apr 29, 2014, 4:31:52 PM
"
ninedeadeyes wrote:
"
Fathervic wrote:
First and foremost let me thank ninedeadeyes for this awesome guide into the shadow dual claws World!

I have a few general questions/comments in regard to gem setup and gear.

Gem setup:

The 4 link codt+end cry+immortal call etc...what does it really do? its like half a second of invulnerability and u lose you end charges very fast.... - this is maybe a noob question, since I see many builds utilizing this mechanic, but I don't seem to get it. - Furthermore with all the dodge/evasion I don't seem to get hit that often, so for me this far its pretty useless.
Would it not be much better to stack end-charges and put an increased duration gem in there too? - Maybe go high lvl codt+end+molten shell?

Is there any update on what the best 4th gem is to link with codt+end cry+ immortal call and....? - That faster gem doesn't do anything since its not a continuously cast skill

Gear:

If I have enough resistance, would it be preferable to switch out geofri's crest to rat's nest?

The same goes for boots with resistance ones versus blood dance - this could help with frenzy charges without using the skill.

I am currently lvl 55 here is my gears:

With regards!

A) Actually for a long time I just had enduring cry running with 5 charges, it wsa ok but survivability went up due to using immortal call. The reason why is because when you do take damage and activate COTD It is usually when you are in most danger or against a boss. Those 2 or 3 seconds of immortality will give you chance to leech your life back to full health and if it is a mob kill everything around you. Even with the damage reduction of enduring cry against boss you still take alot of damage since you are acrobatic.

B)Are you in mercless yet ? If yes and you elemental cap then you can take on whatever you feel. To be honest if I had my resist cap there is a very strong unique glove called
Maligaro's Virtuosity which I would use.. If you can use bother Maligaro's Virtuosity and rat nest helmet. I would only go for blood dance if you are going for a non-vaal pact frenzy alternative since I don't think frenzy/blood rage/blood dance suit a vaal pact build. ( no regen which is the main advantage)

C) I've tested faster casting and it does increase the casting for Immortal call, for me who does level 76+ maps I am always getting damaged hence why it goes off quite quick for me. If you do not want to use this I will use an enfeeblement curse.. You can in theory use doedre's ring and set both enfeeblement and Temporal chain curse. Food for thought.

Nice set up, just wondering how much have you spent on your build and how much do you think you will be spending more ? :)

Thank you for the awesome answers :D

I haven't spent anything on the build in forms of trading/buying. Everything is found from other characters and my witch summoner mf'er

I plan on making this my main build atm so ill try to make it as OP as possible...ill check back with updates as I lvl up
Hi Guys,

I hit Merciless now and found i have to upgrade my Gear to get going. I am lvl 55 now and i think i can find some gear to get me up to the 60s without problems.

For the Long term im planning to buy a carcass Jack now the question is the following. a 6L is freaking expensive 17 to 20exa. And im not having a high level char yet for farming. So im poor (1.7 exa)

So i have seen you can get a 6socket with 5L for 3.5 to 5exa already.

Now im Thinking about buying 1 and link it on my Own. My calculation is fairly simple. 1Exa = 30-40Fusing

So lets calculate with lowest amounts
17exa for 6L Carcass - 5exa for 6s5l Carcass = 12 Exa saved
12x30 = 360 Fusings

So as long as i use less than 360 Fusings i am fine.

Did someone do that already?
Is 360 fusing enough?

Thanks for your Thoughts
"
LordLoki wrote:
Hi Guys,

I hit Merciless now and found i have to upgrade my Gear to get going. I am lvl 55 now and i think i can find some gear to get me up to the 60s without problems.

For the Long term im planning to buy a carcass Jack now the question is the following. a 6L is freaking expensive 17 to 20exa. And im not having a high level char yet for farming. So im poor (1.7 exa)

So i have seen you can get a 6socket with 5L for 3.5 to 5exa already.

Now im Thinking about buying 1 and link it on my Own. My calculation is fairly simple. 1Exa = 30-40Fusing

So lets calculate with lowest amounts
17exa for 6L Carcass - 5exa for 6s5l Carcass = 12 Exa saved
12x30 = 360 Fusings

So as long as i use less than 360 Fusings i am fine.

Did someone do that already?
Is 360 fusing enough?

Thanks for your Thoughts

lol, seriously you will be lucky if you used 500 fusion and get it too 6 linked. It doesn't work like that. I've known people to have used over 1000 fusions and not 6 linked an item. Seriously best thing to do is either buy

a Tabala rasa

or

a 5 linked carcass jack ( and don't change it )

I was using a 5 linked carcass jack until level 86 so basically it is not bad.

What you can do is buy a 'spare 6 socket carcass jack and spend fusion on it when you have spare and maybe if you are lucky you won't need to spend more than 200 to 300 of them.

Not going to lie I have spent a fortune on trying to 6 linked stuff but it is always more
'cheap' to buy.

Do you keep the incinerate gem at level 1 to keep the mana usage down? Also what flasks are you using? I thought health flasks don't work with Vaal Pact?
Last edited by Freakynorm on May 7, 2014, 11:01:01 PM
"
Freakynorm wrote:
Do you keep the incinerate gem at level 1 to keep the mana usage down? Also what flasks are you using? I thought health flasks don't work with Vaal Pact?

My incinerate gem is used for blind hence not for the damage so why I keep it at level 1

New updated Vaal Pact you can use health flask
That makes sense. I am having fun with the build but still need to beef up my gear a bit. My biggest problem is desync of course. I am not even trying to speed run the zones and I have no other issues with any other games I play but this one.

The desync problem was the reason I quit playing back in the beta. It just got too frustrating to try and run high level maps and get xp only to die to trash mobs when the game would desync. Now I am back over a year later and it's still an issue for me.

It's a fun build though. It's my first melee build and I love facetanking elites and boss mobs. I really need more mana so I can get some wriggle room and run two auras while having enough to at least use my main attack twice.

Once I get a few more upgrades I will have max resists in merciless, so is elemental aura worth it or should I run something else along with hatred?

Can you like your current gear and gems too NDE? Just curious to see where you're at. :)
Last edited by Freakynorm on May 8, 2014, 11:22:37 PM
"
Freakynorm wrote:
That makes sense. I am having fun with the build but still need to beef up my gear a bit. My biggest problem is desync of course. I am not even trying to speed run the zones and I have no other issues with any other games I play but this one.

The desync problem was the reason I quit playing back in the beta. It just got too frustrating to try and run high level maps and get xp only to die to trash mobs when the game would desync. Now I am back over a year later and it's still an issue for me.

It's a fun build though. It's my first melee build and I love facetanking elites and boss mobs. I really need more mana so I can get some wriggle room and run two auras while having enough to at least use my main attack twice.

Once I get a few more upgrades I will have max resists in merciless, so is elemental aura worth it or should I run something else along with hatred?

Can you like your current gear and gems too NDE? Just curious to see where you're at. :)

lol, if desync is your biggest issue then this build isn't great since whirling blade and my high attack speed means desync hell but then again between level 85 to 90 I only really died twice due to desync

I found levelling with low level purity and one aura ( Hatred) to be ok for mana as long as you get the mana leech node.

and yeah if you can't get your resist from your armour then use the elemental resist aura. I actually think the evasion aura is overrated since it only increase your evasion rating by 10% to 15%

and yeah sure.. I don't think I've changed too much

Thanks for sharing. When I get desyncs, it's massive. I can zig zag all day with whirling blades and then I die. So I was reading that the /oos command resyncs the game a bit. Sure enough, I am zig zagging and nothing is happening, I hit my /oos hotkey and viola! I am in a completely different room, stuck in a corner and not actually zig zagging at all but getting hit by every mob in the room.

Now that I've hotkeyed that, I haven't died yet from desync. Now I die from not hitting the right buttons to trigger my potions lol. Damn Razer Naga mouse. :)

Super fun build though. I am going to upgrade my belt, rings and amulet at some point. I could buy better claws I guess, but I got these for 3 chaos each so couldn't pass that up. I want to get a Carcass Jack armor but I can only afford a 5 link and I don't think I have enough chromes to get lucky to get the right color scheme, so I got a Tabula Rasa instead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info