[ 2.0 ] Vaal Pact Dual Claw Build Level 92 ( Atziri Viable + BOTW S: 2 EP: 9 )

"
Mabzino wrote:
Are you sure this is viable for Invasion? only 202% life, you posted it on Path of PoE as a guide for Invasion, and also why would you ever use evasion over armour in any hardcore league?

Actually as far as I know it's only 180% life. I would not try this exact passive tree in Invasion. I added some nodes to it so I have 216% at the moment. At level 79 I'm just over 4000 HP in Ambush.
Last edited by moonlightthief on Apr 20, 2014, 8:35:43 AM
I started this character, I'm level 19 and I've got 500 evasion, everything is fucking me up. This build can be converted to armour, right?

I am loving the build, have a lot of fun playing and testint its limits. Also tried Dominus in solo, of course I did not have any problems with full DPS, tried MF gear too, but my resistances were so low with Andvarius Rings that I gave up and will only try again if I can get MF gear specifically for this toon (res, phys dmg, IIR would be nice, but hard to get).

I'll keep you guys posted. Any criticism is welcome![/quote]

Very interesting set up but then again from the sound of things you are doing very well.. So I can't really say anything.

If it wasn't working so well.. I would say take out the power charge on crit for crit damage gem
( i assuming you only have 3 or 4 power charge hence thats only 150 to 200% increase change which a high level crit damage on average will give you more damage )

and I would consider putting a faster attack on your whirling blade ( quicker escape)

Immortal call is much better for the build than molton shell because all armour is halfed
being acrobatics.

I like how you used two cast of damage taken gems very interesting :) .. Is there any disadvantage to this?
Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Apr 20, 2014, 12:09:01 PM
"
Mabzino wrote:
Are you sure this is viable for Invasion? only 202% life, you posted it on Path of PoE as a guide for Invasion, and also why would you ever use evasion over armour in any hardcore league?

In the build guide it ask if your build is suitable for hardcore league.. I think it is and its been tried but when you submit the build it doesn't list out all the leagues it is suitable for and just say 'invasion' league.

I will take it out and add a section in this guild called hardcore and it will be the changes I will make if I was playing this build in hardcore.

There is no reason why this isn't viable in hardcore since it doesn't have any issues with reflect.

If you are going to go for iron reflex you need to go for unwavering stance as well because if you don't you will just get stunned to death.

( the major problem with stunning is that you can't attack hence you can't survive )

Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Apr 20, 2014, 12:14:34 PM
UP DATE : Both moonlight thief and Kujar3 newest progression has been updated in the 'review section'

Oh by the way Kujar3. You are probably the third highest dual claw build out there :) I kid you not, even speaking to Kirielis ( the other dude who's written a guide on dual claw) he only got up to like level 85 and whilst playing in game I have never seen anyone higher than level 82.
Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Apr 20, 2014, 12:36:05 PM
"
Very interesting set up but then again from the sound of things you are doing very well.. So I can't really say anything.

If it wasn't working so well.. I would say take out the power charge on crit for crit damage gem ( i assuming you only have 3 or 4 power charge hence thats only 150 to 200% increase change which a high level crit damage on average will give you more damage )
and I would consider putting a faster attack on your whirling blade ( quicker escape)

Immortal call is much better for the build than molton shell because all armour is halfed
being acrobatics.

I like how you used two cast of damage taken gems very interesting :) .. Is there any disadvantage to this?

I switched the gems you mentioned, will try them out. I didn't like losing my endurance charges to Immortal Call but you might be right, it could be better to not take damage and heal back the damage you get while it's on. The tooltip DPS went up a buttload when I put in Incresed Critical Damage instead of Power Charge On Crit, will see how I do in action.

Update: I'm doing 39-48K dmg with Hatred depending on the number of Power Charges. The thing is there is no point in Flickering or Whirling Striking for 2-3 Power Charges as it takes time and I can kill the whole group in half the time of getting more Charges. If it crits for 1 Charge when I dive them, it's cool, if not, well we still have an insane amount of damage. I might as well take Power Charge on Crit out, there's really no need for it, I think. Although it doesn't hurt either :)

I'm sure there is no disadvantage to using 2x CWDT, I like the totem + blinding, "tanking" skeletons, so if I have free slots I always try to use them.
Last edited by moonlightthief on Apr 20, 2014, 1:52:30 PM
"
"

If it wasn't working so well.. I would say take out the power charge on crit for crit damage gem ( i assuming you only have 3 or 4 power charge hence thats only 150 to 200% increase change which a high level crit damage on average will give you more damage )

being acrobatics.

I switched the gems you mentioned, will try them out. I didn't like losing my endurance charges to Immortal Call but you might be right, it could be better to not take damage and heal back the damage you get while it's on. The tooltip DPS went up a buttload when I put in Incresed Critical Damage instead of Power Charge On Crit, will see how I do in action.

Update: I'm doing 39-48K dmg with Hatred depending on the number of Power Charges. The thing is there is no point in Flickering or Whirling Striking for 2-3 Power Charges as it takes time and I can kill the whole group in half the time of getting more Charges. If it crits for 1 Charge when I dive them, it's cool, if not, well we still have an insane amount of damage. I might as well take Power Charge on Crit out, there's really no need for it, I think. Although it doesn't hurt either :)

I'm sure there is no disadvantage to using 2x CWDT, I like the totem + blinding, "tanking" skeletons, so if I have free slots I always try to use them.

Well done !! thats much more higher dps than me.. I am just wondering is survivability ok ?

I've actually wrote in my guide the best thing to do is ignore 'power charge' when playing and what I found was that 50% I had 1 to 3 power charge on me without thinking too much about it and thats not a bad bonus.

The other option is to just link faster attack and whirling blade so you will have a
4 linked free for whatever.

I was toying with the idea of another 4 linked COTD but I like my escape set up of

Enduring cry + Vaal immortal call and then run away to safety :)
Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Apr 20, 2014, 4:36:06 PM
"
ninedeadeyes wrote:
"
D6vil wrote:
Hey Guys! Just an update on my gear. Doing about 15k dps after hatred. Running Purity lighting and elemental resistance . Cold res is a bit low but working on updating my gloves.

Spent probably around 40ish ex on the build so far.

I love IRR. I exalted my amulet and got crit chance! then again and only got lightning dmg

Spoiler

Hahaha.. dude if I exalted crit chance I would have just kept it, lol

What is your IIR now ? :)

Yeah I assume that 6 linked carcass jack and claws were pretty costly.. How much did you spend of those items ?

Of course i kept the amulet - imo its op. It is the highest MF + life + Crit combined amulet on poe.xyz. You can't find any higher. 34% crit is almost perfect roll. Plus phys damage and resist.

My IIR now is 269 but im going to try a new strategy later tonight. Going to swap out goldwryms for wondertrap and run hatred on blood magic. Hopefully hatred + clarity will bring me to just about 35% hp to trigger wondertrap iir bonus bringing me to 369% iir. To stay alive, i would swap out fire dmg gem for life leech 20/20. (good thing its 4r)

Both claws total were 6ex. Carcass was 17.5ex but i was lucky to roll 4R.

Gear Cost:
1 ex Helm
1 ex amulet + 2 ex spent rolling it
17.5 ex + 100ish chroms armour
15 ex both Andvarius
6 ex both claws
30c belt
15C gloves + boots
8ish ex q20 gems

Total Build Cost: ----18k dps 369%IIR --- resists 75-41-70
51.5 EXALTED

ANY FEEDBACK ON MY BUILD IS APPRECIATED!

gear

Thanks!
Hey bro, the passive tree link doesn't work, not sure if unfinished and will be updated but it just has scion start with 120 points left.
Edit: The hardcore section one
Last edited by Mabzino on Apr 20, 2014, 8:13:36 PM
"
D6vil wrote:
"
ninedeadeyes wrote:
"
D6vil wrote:
Hey Guys! Just an update on my gear. Doing about 15k dps after hatred. Running Purity lighting and elemental resistance . Cold res is a bit low but working on updating my gloves.

Spent probably around 40ish ex on the build so far.

I love IRR. I exalted my amulet and got crit chance! then again and only got lightning dmg

Spoiler

Hahaha.. dude if I exalted crit chance I would have just kept it, lol

What is your IIR now ? :)

Yeah I assume that 6 linked carcass jack and claws were pretty costly.. How much did you spend of those items ?

Of course i kept the amulet - imo its op. It is the highest MF + life + Crit combined amulet on poe.xyz. You can't find any higher. 34% crit is almost perfect roll. Plus phys damage and resist.

My IIR now is 269 but im going to try a new strategy later tonight. Going to swap out goldwryms for wondertrap and run hatred on blood magic. Hopefully hatred + clarity will bring me to just about 35% hp to trigger wondertrap iir bonus bringing me to 369% iir. To stay alive, i would swap out fire dmg gem for life leech 20/20. (good thing its 4r)

Both claws total were 6ex. Carcass was 17.5ex but i was lucky to roll 4R.

Gear Cost:
1 ex Helm
1 ex amulet + 2 ex spent rolling it
17.5 ex + 100ish chroms armour
15 ex both Andvarius
6 ex both claws
30c belt
15C gloves + boots
8ish ex q20 gems

Total Build Cost: ----18k dps 369%IIR --- resists 75-41-70
51.5 EXALTED

ANY FEEDBACK ON MY BUILD IS APPRECIATED!

gear

Dude.. the biggest one would be.. Is your build going to survive against being 1 shot if it is a low hp build with using blood magic for hatred ?

You've got some really nice gear..

My only suggestion is to have a set of gear for MF and one set of gear for level progression

For example when you focus on MF you should have gear with iir and iiq but when you are focus on levelling you swap your MF gear for survivability gear ( life, resist, physical damage )

I generally do alot of my Mfing when my exp at 0% hence I don't care about dying but then when I am levelling my 50% of my gear is completely different ( look at my character section and Magic find section of my guide )

What is your passive tree and level at the moment ? and how are you finding the build so far
:)

Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Apr 20, 2014, 8:26:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info