The Three Dragons unique

Fire Ball + LMP + Dragon fireball effect. Use to shoot three dragons with three dragons.
"
tonytaxi666 wrote:
Fire Ball + LMP + Dragon fireball effect. Use to shoot three dragons with three dragons.

+1 Internet

What I'm shocked(:P) about, is how this Unique hasn't dropped in price yet..

It is a low level EXTREMELY niche Unique, yet the price has actually quadrupled since day 1.
Even Solaris Lorica, which is actually REALLY useful and less niche, and may even have a lower droprate, is actually cheaper and gone down in price greatly since it's release..

I'm hoping it'll go down in price so I can mess around with it..
Just need to wait for people to realize it's not as good as it sounds, and that it is really niche... :S

Patience~ Richard Parker... Patience. =>[.]<=
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Mar 25, 2014, 11:31:56 AM
"
RagnarokX wrote:
usings this helmet, if i want my Firestorm to be able to shock, the only way would be to

a) get a critical strike with Firestorm
b) link Firestorm w/ Chance to shock
c) use normal firestorm while having the static blows passive node
d) use normal firestorm while having the Chance to shock passive node
e) use normal firestorm while having shock passive - does this work ? i think not

anything else im missing ?

a) Yes
b) There is no "Chance to Shock" support gem, unless you're talking about Added Lightning Damage quality bonus then yes.
c) Yes
d) Yes
e) Isn't this question same as c) and d) ?
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"
Vipermagi wrote:
The Three Dragons does exactly what it says it does, and nothing more, as always.

May be for you it's clear description, but for me it's not, i think current description still misleading and must look like this: Your Fire Damage now Shocks instead of Ignite
i bet i'm not the only one who started thinking that "Your Fire Damage can Shock" - grants me free Blaze-like talent.
"
Aristarx wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
The Three Dragons does exactly what it says it does, and nothing more, as always.

May be for you it's clear description, but for me it's not, i think current description still misleading and must look like this: Your Fire Damage now Shocks instead of Ignite
i bet i'm not the only one who started thinking that "Your Fire Damage can Shock" - grants me free Blaze-like talent.

It CAN Shock, doesn't mean that it DOES Shock. If it granted you a "Blaze-like talent", it'd say X% Chance to Shock. It doesn't.

And I don't see how your new description is ANY different than the current one.. :S
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Mar 25, 2014, 1:18:06 PM
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
And I don't see how your new description is ANY different than the current one.. :S

If your native language wasn't english, you'd have seen the difference. :)
The only useful thing I can see taht applies to me and my Reqver is that ai could potentially up my damage output a lot with this cuz I run Hatred and Added Fire.
"
Aristarx wrote:
"
Sheriff_K wrote:

If your native language wasn't english, you'd have seen the difference. :)

"
Aristarx wrote:
i think current description still misleading and must look like this:
Your Fire Damage now Shocks instead of Ignite

Item description:
Your Fire Damage can Shock but not Ignite

It is basically the same thing.

And actually, your description is MORE misleading in my opinion, because it says "now Shocks", that could imply, and confuse people into thinking, that it Shocks ALL of the time... (which it doesn't)

"Can" is the best word to describe it. If anything, they need to elaborate the "but not Ignite", to "but cannot Ignite" or "but can no longer Ignite." I think that would be the best.
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Mar 25, 2014, 2:34:06 PM
The description is as clear as day. Aristarx don't make it confusing.
Ok,

I just got this thing. Questions:

I have a Fire Witch that primarily uses Firestorm and Fire Totums/Searing Bond. I invested heavily in Crit on this build. Im Looking for some plain English advice on how best I can utilize this helmet or if its even worth it considering my build. My initial reading on this tells me its good for a Crit build.

Basic Concerns:

1)It says Can Shock but not Ignite. To me that means it nullifies Burning Damage and the Chance to Ignite Gem and nothing else affected. So, in my case damage from my Searing Bond would take a hit but pretty much nothing else.( Assuming Im ignoring the Chance to Ignite gem in Firestorm casting) Correct me if Im wrong.

2)My Passive tree. I am very close to the Static Blows Node/Chance to Shock cluster. Besides Crit I invested in Fire damage and ignored all other elemental damage so no lightning at all. Not sure if NOT being invested in Lighting or elemental damage nodes specifically would make this affect weak regardless?

Im no expert on Shock and never used it so Im not sure if its worth it in general. Considering my build it may be. Not sure how many of these Shock Clusters are on the Passive map or if its even necessary to look for more to stack for this.

So that's pretty much it. I like the helmet because of the resists on it. Is this a "Paper Dragon" or is this something dominating? Advice on how to use this most efficiently and simply for a Fire Witch/Crit build would be appreciated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info