Your Fire Damage can Shock but not Ignite
Your Cold Damage can Ignite but not Freeze or Chill
Your Lightning Damage can Freeze but not Shock

"The ice seared his naked feet
As the lightning stilled his heart,
But it was the flames upon his lover's face
That roused him to vengeance."
- From 'The Three Dragons' by Victario of Sarn

So, this new unique makes me ask a lot of questions.
1. Will Freeze Mine's permafreeze + bonus to freeze work with this item? Could be sick burning damage.
2. Will RF permashock everything? Will it still deal damage, then?
3. Does this item interact with totems? That gives us nice shocking options.
4. Will Vaal Burning Arrow have 70% shock with that? Weird.

I highly appreciate your answers <3
Last edited by Skirmy on Mar 20, 2014, 1:32:07 PM
The Three Dragons change the way Shock/Freeze/Chill duration is determined, and how the DoT for Ignites is calculated. That's all it says and that's all it does.

Chance to X is an on-Hit effect. Damage over Time does not Hit.

Totems use your stats. You have the Three Dragons.
"
Skirmy wrote:
1. Will Freeze Mine's permafreeze + bonus to freeze work with this item? Could be sick burning damage.

To expand a bit:

1) Freeze Mine still freezes (based on lightning damage), it does not ignite. Your chance to apply a status effect is your chance to apply that effect.
2) What Vipermagi said; RF is a degen, it won't apply a status effect.
3) Vipermagi
4) 70% chance to ignite is now based on cold damage, it does not become a 70% chance to shock.
"
KG31459 wrote:
"
Skirmy wrote:

To expand a bit:

1) Freeze Mine still freezes (based on lightning damage), it does not ignite. Your chance to apply a status effect is your chance to apply that effect.
3) Vipermagi
4) 70% chance to ignite is now based on cold damage, it does not become a 70% chance to shock.

Frezee mine + mask does absulutely nothing. With glacial hammer the innate chance to freeze does not cause burning so this part of the skill is completely lost. For burning arrow the innate chance to ignite is also completely lost.

Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
I should make a video explaining the mechanics or maybe a picture sometime. I had these same questions when testing it with multiple abilities.

Fire can not ignite, you cant ignite at all, that chance to ignite isnt converted to chance to shock like you would expect. The same goes for all of the other abilities.

If you wanted your Lightning Spells to Freeze, you would need chance to freeze. If you wanted your Cold Spells to Ignite, you would need chance to ignite. Obviously you also have to deal enough damage for this to occur, on top of that it can be procced by critically hitting.

The only good synergy with this mask really, in my opinion with what ive tested it with (no crit builds) is incinerate with static blows.

Fire nodes are right next to the path to get static blows, while its true incinerates damage isnt great until the 3rd stage, the chance to shock via damage on that third stage with static blows alone is pretty good. You could put in added lightning in there too since that gem with quality gives extra chance to shock.

But yeah, what the responses above said are correct.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Mar 20, 2014, 6:29:27 PM
"
"
KG31459 wrote:
"
Skirmy wrote:

To expand a bit:

3) Vipermagi

Frezee mine + mask does absulutely nothing. With glacial hammer the innate chance to freeze does not cause burning so this part of the skill is completely lost. For burning arrow the innate chance to ignite is also completely lost.

I believe KG31459 was referring to if you for example had Added Lightning Damage on Freeze Mine, the lightning damage would be used to calculate the freeze duration for the 100% freeze chance from the skill itself. The 100% freeze chance is still there, it's just calculated from lightning damage now.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
"Everyone can at least be exposed to Leo's PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Kenzorz on Mar 20, 2014, 7:06:38 PM
"
Kenzorz wrote:
I believe KG31459 was referring to if you for example had Added Lightning Damage on Freeze Mine, the lightning damage would be used to calculate the freeze duration for the 100% freeze chance from the skill itself. The 100% freeze chance is still there, it's just calculated from lightning damage now.

This.

As I said, it still freezes. With 0 base damage for the status effect.
I had a very long fierce debate with my friends about Three Dragons, as a result of it i have only 1 question to you guys:
look "Your Fire Damage can Shock but not Ignite"
"Your Fire Damage can Shock" - does it mean non-crit spells can apply status ailments (without Blaze node) with that helm like if talent Blaze(and other 2) was secretly embedded in it ?
Blaze grants Chance to Ignite, not Chance to Shock. Even if the Three Dragons did somehow give you a random Notable (which, btw, it doesn't), it wouldn't apply to Fire Damage.

The Three Dragons does exactly what it says it does, and nothing more, as always. It doesn't say it grants Chance to Shock/Ignite/Freeze, and as such it doesn't grant Chance to X.
usings this helmet, if i want my Firestorm to be able to shock, the only way would be to

a) get a critical strike with Firestorm
b) link Firestorm w/ Chance to shock
c) use normal firestorm while having the static blows passive node
d) use normal firestorm while having the Chance to shock passive node
e) use normal firestorm while having shock passive - does this work ? i think not

anything else im missing ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info