[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

"
lolyndasmu wrote:
started following this guide now for my first scion
what do you think about slower projectile? also seems like i really need more dex from gears

slower projectiles is good if you want to stay up close and personal but you already have a melee attack so unless you want to ditch that and go full ST, i wouldn't use it
"
Spackomat wrote:
Quick question: Where are you guys getting the endurance charges from?
I was looking at the gear of the OP and also into the skill tree but could not find anything.

you won't get any unless you use daresso's defiance. even then, you will be hit so frequently that they will dissipate from IC. but the base duration of IC, while short, is still good enough for the intent with Increased Duration
Say_Ten what do you think about 3.1? You think it's still viable to go abyss league with it? I was planning to use your build for it on friday when 3.1 and abyss hits.
Was curious about 3.1 as well. I started playing it at the way end of 3.0 and enjoyed it so want to give it a go on next league if still viable.
Build is still going to be fine for 3.1...no major changes as far as I can tell. Haven't seen notes on Ancestral Call but it might be useful to support Double Strike with.

I'm likely going to take this season off but I will be monitoring my build posts.
Noob here:

I followed this guide with solo play in the last league and without having any valuable items previously.

It was fun until I started doing maps. Suddenly, the game became much harder and I end up dying too often before I can finish a Tier 1 map on my own.
This is my current build: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/LordDeath86/characters?characterName=sworddevotee

Did I make any obvious mistakes? What should I do to improve the survivability of this character? Or is just soloing maps not supposed to be easy?

(Since Diablo 2 I prefer playing solo because party play is too hectic for my taste. I don't want to rush though the game's content just to reach level 100 in an afternoon, or something like that...)
Your profile is set to private :)
Hey Say_Ten,
thank your for your guide. It is my league starter for abyss. I am wondering if you could take a look at my build and tell me your opinion what I should focus on to get into maps after finishing act 10 now.
And btw what are your thoughts on the "winds of change" gloves I am using?
Thanks a lot!
"
LordDeath86 wrote:
Noob here:

I followed this guide with solo play in the last league and without having any valuable items previously.

It was fun until I started doing maps. Suddenly, the game became much harder and I end up dying too often before I can finish a Tier 1 map on my own.
This is my current build: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/LordDeath86/characters?characterName=sworddevotee

Did I make any obvious mistakes? What should I do to improve the survivability of this character? Or is just soloing maps not supposed to be easy?

(Since Diablo 2 I prefer playing solo because party play is too hectic for my taste. I don't want to rush though the game's content just to reach level 100 in an afternoon, or something like that...)

yeah, its private. go into your forum account privacy options and make sure you uncheck the box that says "hide all characters"

to scale in the endgame well, you do need to eventually spend some currency. ideally on a strong weapon.
"
a2b12 wrote:
Hey Say_Ten,
thank your for your guide. It is my league starter for abyss. I am wondering if you could take a look at my build and tell me your opinion what I should focus on to get into maps after finishing act 10 now.
And btw what are your thoughts on the "winds of change" gloves I am using?
Thanks a lot!

if you or a friend can master-craft, i would put flat phys on your amulet and scrub the ar/eva off the boots and add movement speed. you'll eventually want to upgrade all your gear, but you can do it one piece at a time. more life and keep resists capped...and then more DPS. flasks can be optimized too.

gloves are ok for now but if you find gloves with decent rolls on attack speed and flat phys, they will murder those unique gloves no question

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info