[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

"
texasgoldrush wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:

Right now I see a 2H sword on trade that's 5L and 540pdps with additional crafted fire damage (which you could always change to something else) for 150c, which is a pretty good deal.

You could run starforge and ditch hatred and herald of ash for blasphemy and vulnerability, but starforge is really expensive.

I am only on act 5 with this build, but have a kondo's pride, so use that until I can afford a 500dps weapon? Could I chance on one?

When will I hit a rush of power that puts my dps over 100k? because my dps now is 5k for act V with hatred and flame golem, but with herald of ash not yet activated.

yeah that's totally fine. and honestly 5k without using HoA in act 5 is pretty good.

i wouldn't bother trying to craft one unless you are finding 5L or 6L weapons and/or ilvl 83+ weapons.

there usually isn't a huge surge...it happens over time. just use the 10 acts to get familiar with the build, tree and playstyle and hit me up when you're ready to map and let me know where you're at.
"
Say_Ten wrote:

you need to find more life on your gear while keeping your resists capped. also, you are using a rat's nest, which is fine if you want some crit and more damage, but you are missing out on 100+ base life and tri resists from a helm. there are even some unique helm's (like the bear one...staronjka's or something) that have life on them.

your daresso's life roll is a little low but probably not worth divining.

your rings are great for now. amulet life roll is low, maybe try to find something with 70+ life and a high phys roll.

gloves and boots are ok for now.

belt: find something with more life and more resists...go for a leather or heavy base.

Thanks for the tips! I'll try and get a better amulet and maybe a new helmet!
"
Say_Ten wrote:

keep in mind that if you take Vaal Pact, you can't use Blood Rage without dealing with the quick degen...which means you will have to rely on the Raider ascendancy node to get frenzy charges if you aren't using blood rage.

Right now Im 66 and build looks fine, thx! May be you can take a look and give me more advices?
How I see this build
My current build and gear
BTW Vaal pact is op :D
I am thinking about Crimson Dance (cuz bleed proc fine), but I cannot leech from DOTs right? So should I take it? Or may be you see other mistakes in build.
Last edited by TheZotikRus on Aug 30, 2017, 3:19:23 PM
"
TheZotikRus wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:

keep in mind that if you take Vaal Pact, you can't use Blood Rage without dealing with the quick degen...which means you will have to rely on the Raider ascendancy node to get frenzy charges if you aren't using blood rage.

Right now Im 66 and build looks fine, thx! May be you can take a look and give me more advices?
How I see this build
My current build and gear
BTW Vaal pact is op :D
I am thinking about Crimson Dance (cuz bleed proc fine), but I cannot leech from DOTs right? So should I take it? Or may be you see other mistakes in build.

For level 68 you're fine.

Your right ring is outstanding. The rest of your jewelry is kinda lame. If you get mana leech on one piece you can wear a proper belt with a ton of life and resists.

Could also scour the AR/EVA off the boots and add movement speed...or just find better boots.

Gloves are overall pretty nice. You would get more DPS from a rare set...plus you'd be able to have more resists on there, opening up more DPS slots on jewelry. The best part about it is the life regen though.
Im thinking about making this build im in softcore. My budget is 80ex, so can you tell me if I could not melt shaper like some 50m DPS buidls do because I like ST, but could i kill him with not so much effortt put in? Also is this tree hardcore or softcore? And also can you tell me some types of GG gear for this build? Is starforge better than any rare pDps sword? Is belly BiS or daressos armor? Need deatailed answere before I start this build please. Thank you
"
imbafromNorth wrote:
Im thinking about making this build im in softcore. My budget is 80ex, so can you tell me if I could not melt shaper like some 50m DPS buidls do because I like ST, but could i kill him with not so much effortt put in? Also is this tree hardcore or softcore? And also can you tell me some types of GG gear for this build? Is starforge better than any rare pDps sword? Is belly BiS or daressos armor? Need deatailed answere before I start this build please. Thank you

I think Starforge would be a pretty good option without going crit. Sucks that none of the attacks are AOE so you wouldn't benefit from that part. But the damage, life and shock are nice. I would run blasphemy with vulnerability and grace if you have two 6L items with blood magic in them. If you can find a really high pdps 2h weapon (600+), you could go with that and maintain hatred and HoA...and if you can afford a level 4 enlighten, add Grace.

If you're going to spend that kind of currency, 6L Belly is probably the best to maintain two different attacks. Otherwise you could go full ST and wear a Kaom's. Just make sure you pick up some major DPS (flat phys) on your jewelry and gloves (also attack speed on gloves).

For the tree, I would probably invest in some more leech and life and bring the DPS down a notch to make yourself more survivable. Make good use of the jewel sockets (life and triple damage/attack speed).

I'd be curious to see how you do. This build is strong for how cheap it can be, which makes it an awesome league starter...but to really fuck shit up in the endgame, you do need to spend some currency (like most builds).

I can't make any promises to you regarding how fast you're going to melt the shaper. You definitely won't be doing 50m DPS, but you will likely be doing more than I have ever done. I got pretty high with a Hegemony's Crit Staff version without even being fully leveled or geared up.

Good luck.
What are good leveling uniques besides Goldrim and Tabula? Specifically I'm looking for a good leveling 2Hand Sword.
Hey I'm really liking this build, I'm doing maps now and have found some pretty cool items. I had a couple of questions. I'm a bit new to the game so sorry if my questions are a bit stupid.
I found a 6L axe and I'm trying to use that as my main. I was going to put spectral throw in it. What would you recommend the 6th gem be in it. Right now I have Maim, but I'm not sure if its a good idea.
Second question is can someone give me some tips on how to do crafting on it to increase the physical damage. Right now its just a magical item that has 65% increased physical damage that does 120-163 damage, but I know I should be able to increase it a lot higher. Any tips on this will be a huge help.
"
What are good leveling uniques besides Goldrim and Tabula? Specifically I'm looking for a good leveling 2Hand Sword.

once you get to lvl44, get a rigwald's charge. you can basically use it til the endgame. slitherpinch are also good gloves for life and mana leech and dex problems early on.

if youre not 44 yet, hrymnor's hymn, limbsplit, wideswing and then eventually geoffri's baptism are the good leveling 2h weapons.
"
warpower wrote:
Hey I'm really liking this build, I'm doing maps now and have found some pretty cool items. I had a couple of questions. I'm a bit new to the game so sorry if my questions are a bit stupid.
I found a 6L axe and I'm trying to use that as my main. I was going to put spectral throw in it. What would you recommend the 6th gem be in it. Right now I have Maim, but I'm not sure if its a good idea.
Second question is can someone give me some tips on how to do crafting on it to increase the physical damage. Right now its just a magical item that has 65% increased physical damage that does 120-163 damage, but I know I should be able to increase it a lot higher. Any tips on this will be a huge help.

to address gems first: spectral throw, lesser multiple projectiles, faster attacks, physical projectile attack damage, added fire damage...then the 6th gem is all about utility. you could defensively use life leech or life gain on hit, you could use faster projectiles to throw shit really fast/far. if you get a 6L body armor, i would probably use blood magic in both attacks so you can reserve all your mana for auras.

to address crafting: it's not simple for a new player to understand. you could alch and scour/chaos repeatedly until you get something decent. what is the item level? the true way to craft is to use alteration orbs until you get something really good, then decide if you want to augment it or multimod craft it from there. the four main stats you want are: % physical damage, % physical damage and accuracy, +# physical damage, % attack speed. phys/acc can't be mastercrafted, so if you get a good roll on that mod, you could mastercraft the other mods and end up with something decent.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info