[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

Can this build easily take out the Shaper?
didnt work...

click your name at the top of this forum page, click privacy options, uncheck the box that says "hide all characters"
"
bravehoptoad wrote:
Hi! I'm loving your build, but I'm playing SSF so I'd like to avoid specializing in one weapon on the skill tree. What would you recommend replacing them with? I noticed all the main bleed nodes are really close for this build. Would that work, do you think, Crimson Dance and all that? By happy chance, the number points required is identical to pick up the sword-specific nodes on your tree and to pick up the handiest bleed nodes.

I went Heavy Strike instead of Dual Strike because I picked up two of the Heavy Strike Jewels. It makes for a very fast attack. I also spent a couple points picking up Spirit Void and wow--I went from having to chug mana every single fight to sticking the mana flasks in my stash. Best two points I ever spent.

Really, it's been a blast. Spectral Throw is so much more fun that other ranged attacks I've tried because of the way character movement affects the vector of the weapons. Thanks for the guide!

glad you are having fun. as the guide states, you can use any 2h weapon you want, and you should only spec into a certain weapon type when you have found a good one. with maces, you may run into accuracy problems...but you're also close enough to resolute technique.
"
Kenshiro92 wrote:
It's possible to make fast tier 13 maps with this build? This season i started play as this scion and sometimes im thinking that its pretty weak build or im doing anything wrong ;x. Kill any boss on tier 8 takes me over 1 minute :(

what weapon are you using? maybe that's a problem...

also, this most recent patch and update to 3.0 included major buffs to boss health, so don't expect to go melt a T13 boss in 5 seconds...
"
"
Say_Ten wrote:
To the last couple of guys:

That usually comes down to gear and play style. If you are flawless at avoiding things and popping flasks when you're supposed to, that is going to drive you through any content. Case in point I was probably the first (going way back) 2H melee guy to kill Atziri without dying. This was before Ascendancy existed and before there were more/better melee AOE type skills.

Gear will give you a lot of damage and/or life to make things easier. I didn't design this build to be the best of the best. It doesn't mean you can't take it far...you can. But it's a beginner-friendly build to play through the content, including the endgame. I think if you're just starting to play POE, you will have extreme difficulty getting through the toughest endgame content. You really need to be on top of your shit, no matter what the build.

Good luck!
As a new player to this game I'm a huge fan of 2H builds; to me 2H is just really cool in any game. I'm currently rolling with a 2H Frostblade/Molten Strike build as my first playthrough of this game and will get into mapping and whatnot, but eventually I'll want to try out another 2H build to REALLY attempt to get into the end-game. What I'd like to know is with your experience with this game and build, are you currently able to clear all the end-game content, including Shaper? To me you'd be the person I'm looking to eventually be as skilled as after investing months or more into this game one day myself.

If I found another good weapon (600pdps), I think the endgame content would be fine. With a weapon that's ~450pdps, which is what most people end up with on the cheap, it makes it a lot tougher because time is a factor. The more time you are fighting, the more time you have to screw up. If you do make it to the endgame and want to try a Guardian, I would probably try the Minotaur first.
"
kris24343 wrote:
Hello

Which Skilltree Jewels are u recommending?
Should i Invest in Enlighthment lv2 gem and getting all the 3 Auras?

Im 70lv but got only 3.5k life ;/

Great build having a blast of it my first char in this game with this build ;D

don't worry about running all 3 auras until you're at least level 85...you have better things to worry about, such as getting more than 3.5k life.

for jewels, i would find ones that give a combo of life and 2-3 damage stats
"
TheZotikRus wrote:
What about bandits? Oak is ok choise, but what about Kraityn? PoB told me it will be save dmg, but also gives as some move speed. Or mb 2 points?

2 points, in a lot of cases, is like a jewel socket. if you compare what you can get on a jewel socket to what you're getting from Oak (or any of them really), it's close, but I think the Oak buff is the best for this build. Kraityn would be fine too. None of them are BAD.
"
texasgoldrush wrote:
Can this build easily take out the Shaper?

I don't think any build can easily take out the Shaper
"
Say_Ten wrote:

2 points, in a lot of cases, is like a jewel socket. if you compare what you can get on a jewel socket to what you're getting from Oak (or any of them really), it's close, but I think the Oak buff is the best for this build. Kraityn would be fine too. None of them are BAD.

Thx for the help! I am thinking about Vaal Pact (no hp reg,instanly leech) just 6 more points, so one more reason to help Kraityn or get 2 points.
"
TheZotikRus wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:

Thx for the help! I am thinking about Vaal Pact (no hp reg,instanly leech) just 6 more points, so one more reason to help Kraityn or get 2 points.

keep in mind that if you take Vaal Pact, you can't use Blood Rage without dealing with the quick degen...which means you will have to rely on the Raider ascendancy node to get frenzy charges if you aren't using blood rage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info