Framerate drops rapidly

same here, Radeon 7850
same here, ATI RAdeon 5700
Update: I installed the AMD Catalyst 13.2 beta drivers and performance seems a lot better, I've only played with a couple full groups so maybe it's a fluke but the game seems a whole lot more playable, much smoother loading of new assets and steady framerate even when there's a lot going on
Same here with hd 4850 and windows 7 64 bit

but i could think it's windows 7 64 bit....
"
flavahbeast wrote:
Update: I installed the AMD Catalyst 13.2 beta drivers and performance seems a lot better, I've only played with a couple full groups so maybe it's a fluke but the game seems a whole lot more playable, much smoother loading of new assets and steady framerate even when there's a lot going on

update update: definitely not fixed
ati mobility hd 5150, same problem
hopefully we get fix for it, i would really like to play in party, but currently it is painful because of low fps
Same fps spikes during certain skill effects as everyone else. Fps and frame time is otherwise smooth and latency is always great so it's not lag. No issues in any other game I play. Tried all sorts of setting combinations and checked every driver twice.

Ati Radeon HD 5750
Last edited by AphoticAtrocity on Feb 7, 2013, 11:10:34 PM
HD 5850 here. Same problems. Completely 100% unplayable in certain parties, after latest patch it happens solo as well. In the following screenshots you can see my ping is jumping wildly, that's not really the case. I monitor my connection externally and nothing is wrong; the ping jumps all over the place every time the game needs to load a new area, new spell effect, new mobs, whatever. For example, when loading The Docks' first set of monsters when I'm playing solo there will be one huge ping spike to 900 and then 10 seconds of 5-60-5-60-5-60 FPS spikes before it settles. Repeat for every single new group of monsters needing to be rendered onscreen.

It's incredibly bad with poison arrow, whatever the ice shard spell is that people tend to put on their totems, and lightning strike. I'm not playing HC but I am playing a very micro-oriented hit-and-run character build and getting caught all the time by these huge processing lag spikes makes it next to impossible. For whatever reason it's gotten worse as patches have come out.

I'd also like to make it clear that I really like this game and I understand that GGG is a small company and working hard to fix things. I don't want to sound entitled. I just wish these problems could be fixed.

Pics inside:

Spoiler

Last edited by HonkHonkBeep on Feb 8, 2013, 12:51:30 AM
Bump, getting so tired of this. with the latest patches every fight now consists of me freezing constantly for 4-6seconds after which i'm usually dead
Last edited by frogmachine on Feb 8, 2013, 6:16:07 AM
Same problem on my 7970, running all the graphics on the lowest possible settings has no effect what so ever, not that I should need to lower anything on a 7970.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info