[FlickFrap's] "Galaxy" Flicker Build (Not Cheap) [OUT OF DATE]

Currently level 70, using Solaris Lorica. However my ES is a mere 1200, and combined with Abyssus I tend to die A LOT. I see two options at this point. Go CI for more ES and no damage from Blood Rage, as well as a high ES shield. Or I could switch Abyssus to a high ES circlet, both options make me lose a lot of damage. However, my damage is already pretty overkill I feel, it's 60k with all charges. Thoughts?

Edit: going CI also makes me lose a lot of MF, so farming a Shavs and Crown might take even longer.
Last edited by Shayd_ on Apr 1, 2014, 7:26:13 AM
"
Currently level 70, using Solaris Lorica. However my ES is a mere 1200, and combined with Abyssus I tend to die A LOT. I see two options at this point. Go CI for more ES and no damage from Blood Rage, as well as a high ES shield. Or I could switch Abyssus to a high ES circlet, both options make me lose a lot of damage. However, my damage is already pretty overkill I feel, it's 60k with all charges. Thoughts?

Edit: going CI also makes me lose a lot of MF, so farming a Shavs and Crown might take even longer.

Solaris is a bad substitute.

Don't use abysus.

Getting a high es armor in the meantime and going ci is the best move imho. Provided your at least above 2k es.

IGN:Flickfrap
Last edited by LoPan on Apr 1, 2014, 10:20:31 AM
I have a decent ES chest from back when I used another flicker build. It's 1000 armor 400 ES, I used an AR/ES base to make rolling colors easier, as four off colors would be hard to get. I'll try out CI, see how my MF is.
"
I have a decent ES chest from back when I used another flicker build. It's 1000 armor 400 ES, I used an AR/ES base to make rolling colors easier, as four off colors would be hard to get. I'll try out CI, see how my MF is.

You shoud be fine as ci w that chest. Just try to have res capped. Although you still havent posted ur gear so its kinda hard for me to say.

This is my current gear. If I were to go CI I'd swap to this chest
and try to find a high ES shield and Circlet.
"

This is my current gear. If I were to go CI I'd swap to this chest
and try to find a high ES shield and Circlet.

Im at work atm. But from what I see I'd get a higher crit dagger and ditch abyssus for an es helm. Keep prism and see where ur es is at w discipline. Abyssus is just asking to die a lot imo.
Does really worth 8 skills points to get Savagery (+1 frenzy charge) and frenzy duration, instead of wasting it in more phys damage (that would make crits even more powerful).

Suggestion:

May you check it and say what do you think?

PD: Build edited for 118 nodes (lvl 100 + 1 passive point for dealing all the bandits at Normal. Cruel would be +18% phys dmg.)
Last edited by Fasgort on Apr 1, 2014, 7:13:08 PM
"
Fasgort wrote:
Does really worth 8 skills points to get Savagery (+1 frenzy charge) and frenzy duration, instead of wasting it in more phys damage (that would make crits even more powerful).

Suggestion:

PD: Build edited for 118 nodes (lvl 100 + 1 passive point for dealing all the bandits at Normal)

Personally I feel the more frenzy charges the better. Also if you are running my build the way its supposed to be run end game you wont have any need for more damage as it already overkill. Better to not run out of charges on a boss and die subsequently than to look at a bigger tool tip number imho. But in the end it's up to you. If you still feel fine without the added frenzy(s) then by all means do what feels right.
"
LoPan wrote:
"
Fasgort wrote:

Suggestion:

PD: Build edited for 118 nodes (lvl 100 + 1 passive point for dealing all the bandits at Normal)

Personally I feel the more frenzy charges the better. Also if you are running my build the way its supposed to be run end game you wont have any need for more damage as it already overkill. Better to not run out of charges on a boss and die subsequently than to look at a bigger tool tip number imho. But in the end it's up to you. If you still feel fine without the added frenzy(s) then by all means do what feels right.

Well, it can be useful for people who stills don't have a godcrafted dagger or expensive gear. I will use my variation until I have better gear and then try yours.
Hi LoPan!
Thank you very much for your thread, you have inspired my new main pg.

However i made some changes on gear, in order to trying overcome the cons of the build:

I know this gear is very expensive, but as endgame gear it gives you about 24k tooltip dmg and 5.5k ES, with capped res and over 60% chaos res thanks to ming's heart (that above all gives you also chaos dmg bonus).
Furthermore with this set i changed links (you can see the gems on shav and gloves), so i have not to use LS to obtain power charge and i can continuosly attacking with FS. Also frenzy instead of LS is more useful against bosses, cause i touch 130k dps (with whirling blades for movement instead of Faster attacks, otherwise it ends up with over 150k) and i can acquire frenzy charge for spamming FS even without mobs in the surrounding.
Lastly in the tree I gave up on one frenzy chrg (that costs 7 skill points) and picked up the adder's touch circle (i'm currently lvl 85).

What do you think?

(sry for bad english)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info