[FlickFrap's] "Galaxy" Flicker Build (Not Cheap) [OUT OF DATE]

"
KaiSong wrote:
Another note about your current planned setup for Acquity build is that taking the 6% ES nodes on the scion wheel are less efficient than taking the 30 Int node thieves craft right of the shadow start as 30int is the same as 6% ES + some mana.

also heading down towards the ES wheel instead of from the left from charisma saves one node

freed up a point. IDK what to do with it.

Im crit capped w acuity. I dont need anymore mana, I can flick indefinately.
IGN:Flickfrap
"
shdwknght wrote:
How do you avoid constantly running out of mana? I know crown of eyes has 2% mana leech but the rate at which this mana is added to your mana pool is actually really slow compared to your attack speed.. i am mostly having a lot of trouble running 50% regen maps with so little mana and only have 5 links to my flicker for now

2% is more than enough provided you are using VP like you should be. That or acuity.

If you have either or and are still having issues, pick up Soul Siphon wheel/Mind Drinker.
"
LoPan wrote:
"
shdwknght wrote:
How do you avoid constantly running out of mana? I know crown of eyes has 2% mana leech but the rate at which this mana is added to your mana pool is actually really slow compared to your attack speed.. i am mostly having a lot of trouble running 50% regen maps with so little mana and only have 5 links to my flicker for now

2% is more than enough provided you are using VP like you should be. That or acuity.

If you have either or and are still having issues, pick up Soul Siphon wheel/Mind Drinker.

Well my question was about mana, VP and acuity are for life so thats not applicable. And whether you have 2% or 15% mana leech it still only comes in at the same rate (which is countered by quality on Life Leech and Mana Leech gems to increase the rate it comes in..)

I mean, i'm probably critting for something like 20k dmg, and still im constantly out of mana and i have 4% leech right now.. my guess is that you do so much damage, you never need to spam flicker for too long to kill a full screen.
"
shdwknght wrote:
"
LoPan wrote:
"
shdwknght wrote:

Well my question was about mana, VP and acuity are for life so thats not applicable. And whether you have 2% or 15% mana leech it still only comes in at the same rate (which is countered by quality on Life Leech and Mana Leech gems to increase the rate it comes in..)

I mean, i'm probably critting for something like 20k dmg, and still im constantly out of mana and i have 4% leech right now.. my guess is that you do so much damage, you never need to spam flicker for too long to kill a full screen.

Soul siphon wheel sounds like it would help you until you are doing more dmg. But I don't know what I'm working with until I see your current gear and tree.

Also acuity effects life/es/mana/all leech.

Last edited by LoPan on Jun 26, 2014, 10:39:56 PM
Oh crap i didnt understand the leech mod that way.....thats freaking sick. Well that explains everything >_< As for Soul siphon, it does help a little but 25 mana per kill is like adding a grain of sand to the sea, i hardly notice the difference and its definitely not worth 3 points.

Its all good, you've shed light on what i was really wondering about, its those insane gloves that are so OP. I believe older flicker builds had a lot more mana and mana regen in their passives if i recall correctly. Fow now I'll just suck it up and stay out of 50% regen maps. I appreciate the time you take replying, and your guide too. Keep it up to date! you're the last hope for the flickerers out there struggling to get the build going for mapping.
"
shdwknght wrote:
Oh crap i didnt understand the leech mod that way.....thats freaking sick. Well that explains everything >_< As for Soul siphon, it does help a little but 25 mana per kill is like adding a grain of sand to the sea, i hardly notice the difference and its definitely not worth 3 points.

Its all good, you've shed light on what i was really wondering about, its those insane gloves that are so OP. I believe older flicker builds had a lot more mana and mana regen in their passives if i recall correctly. Fow now I'll just suck it up and stay out of 50% regen maps. I appreciate the time you take replying, and your guide too. Keep it up to date! you're the last hope for the flickerers out there struggling to get the build going for mapping.

Hah, thanks. While it's true I couldn't flick indefinitely before with my maligaros setup, I could flick about 7-8 times before having to wait a second or two for mana to regen, usually while running to next mobs. Although this was still more than enough even while running with binos as groups would still died in 2-3 hits.

Also I think you are underestimating Soul Siphon. 25 mana per kill is like 250 per group as you are generally wiping out a mob with a few flicks. That combined with 2-4% mana leech should be more than enough.

My mana pool has always been around 750-900. Most of it reserved by auras leaving it around 250.
Last edited by LoPan on Jun 27, 2014, 8:26:52 AM
"
LoPan wrote:
"
KaiSong wrote:
Another note about your current planned setup for Acquity build is that taking the 6% ES nodes on the scion wheel are less efficient than taking the 30 Int node thieves craft right of the shadow start as 30int is the same as 6% ES + some mana.

also heading down towards the ES wheel instead of from the left from charisma saves one node

No i just literally mean that your 6% node is strictly worse than a 30 int node. I dont really care if your crit is capped or not, 30 int is 6% ES + Mana. Also I freed up a passive point to be used on damage, im not sure what you dont follow about that.
"
KaiSong wrote:
"
LoPan wrote:
"
KaiSong wrote:

No i just literally mean that your 6% node is strictly worse than a 30 int node. I dont really care if your crit is capped or not, 30 int is 6% ES + Mana. Also I freed up a passive point to be used on damage, im not sure what you dont follow about that.

Just noticed the passive bit, and I'll actually be taking Theives Craft as well as the 6% I already have w it, thanks.
Last edited by LoPan on Jun 27, 2014, 5:49:03 PM
finally i got my hands on one of the mirrored daggers...i consider this a poor man's version :D!

I can't wait for my ambush character to come over on stardard

"
Molochmane wrote:
finally i got my hands on one of the mirrored daggers...i consider this a poor man's version :D!

I can't wait for my ambush character to come over on stardard

I actually prefer the demon dagger to the Ambusher. Higher base damage & crit chance means that you're more likely to one-shot whatever you're hitting to set up the reset. Since your attack speed for flicker strike is capped by your cooldown, the extra iAS from the Ambusher has limited value.
IGN: BaiBhai | BhaiBhai | Bhailo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info