ColbyCheeZe's Immortal Marauder Tank

"
takeme wrote:
Why waste a skill slot on Endurance Charge on Melee Stun when its so easy to keep up endurance charges with just enduring cry? it casts so fast just needs to get used to cast it at the right time.

If you watch him play, he just doesn't take damage.
So CoDT doesnt really work.

You could cast Enduring Cry and Warlord's Mark manually, but you can also just take the ECoMS Gem... ;)

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Funny thing is I also did a build like this, before the patch, I love theorycrafting in the tree more than playing the game. Then on stream I ask Hege about IC, buff duration and using Abyssus to full extent, he said I wasn't gonna survive on HC with that. I love PoE but the game is broken and some mechanics and conditions should be put in skills such as IC. When I saw a mate going full DPS with no armour what so ever and just using IC to plow through mobs, I realized some things must change in the game.

Example:
-- To use IC you need a shield.
-- IC duration is affected by amount of armour you have (on gear).

My 2 cents. And kinda try give credit to some people who aren't streaming.
My crit marauder turned 72 yesterday.

I'm "living life on the edge". It is completly yolo at the moment.

I bought the cheapest Abyssus I could find (49% increased damage taken).
I went for damage first (not all Endurance Charges and not a lot of life taken yet), so I don't have Immortal Call up all the time.
This makes for some crazy moments where the health jumps around like crazy. And even Lvl66 map Brutus just oneshots me without IC. ;)

But I'm having fun! :)

The damage output is crazy, and I think once I have the increased duration and EC nodes, I'll be fine...
Last edited by Peterlerock on Mar 16, 2014, 3:59:57 AM
interesting build.. i'm assuming soul taker is a candidate for your wep even if it doesn't have the best dps?

or a gg rare mace with stun affixes maybe..
Hi, im busy with my real life job, so please leave pm if you want to buy or offer for any item in my shop.
Im alway online at 10h30PM in GMT+7, but i will try catch if in your time if you want.
IGN: WhoFearWillFall
Last edited by vjru5zl0v3 on Mar 17, 2014, 11:13:28 PM
I see some of the concerns people have is that perhaps even with abyssus dmg might be a bit low, but im just wondering, if your allmost completely immortal, why invest 90% of the skillpoints in life nodes... why not invest a bit more in dmg?

As people say... just dont take any dmg - why the HUGE health pool?
Nemo saltat sobrius
You need the crazy health pool.

Otherwise you just die if you fuck up your Immortal Call. And this will happen. Be it desync, doubleclicking IC (so it only lasts a millisec), not gaining enough charges...

With Abyssus and 0%Block, so much stuff outright kills you if you don't have IC up. Try fighting LMP shitbirds for example... ;)
guys how is this works for auras? do i get auras at all?

can someone expand on colby build? it is really short and i don't know what to do other than get max charges max time on charges and immortal call ; p
Last edited by ruzga on Mar 21, 2014, 4:29:12 PM
he gave up
dont follow this build
at lvl 65 i got a trouble I CANT GAIN ENDURING CHARGE BECAUSE I CANT STUN BOSS
so, that is "this build" problem

p/s: i aim to trong hit more than faster hit, my tool tips DPS is 5k8
Hi, im busy with my real life job, so please leave pm if you want to buy or offer for any item in my shop.
Im alway online at 10h30PM in GMT+7, but i will try catch if in your time if you want.
IGN: WhoFearWillFall
Last edited by vjru5zl0v3 on Mar 22, 2014, 12:25:43 AM
"
vjru5zl0v3 wrote:
at lvl 65 i got a trouble I CANT GAIN ENDURING CHARGE BECAUSE I CANT STUN BOSS
so, that is "this build" problem

You still have Enduring Cry for bosses.
Run in a circle and use EC 5 times. Then use IC and hit him.

In theory this build is fine, but it requires quite a lot of micro skills, and desynch kills if it happens at the wrong time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info