[Contest] Best concept for a skill idea for Path of Exile gets a key! [Closed]

Skill name: Call Ancestor (Hardcore only)

Target: Self buff

Description: (only for those who have at least two characters on Hardcore and one is dead)
You summon your dead character as a ghost and he will give you part of his/her stats, and on the highest level the ancestor may assist you in fight. It lasts 3 minutes and the cooldown is 30 minutes.

Visuals: You raise your hand and pray, then a ghost come out from ground and a white glow appears around you.

Sounds: When cast, you can hear a strange wind.

Flavour text: Ghost says: 'I greet you my child, use my power wisely...'
Last edited by mordeczka on Sep 19, 2011, 1:28:52 PM
Skill name: Blood tie.

Target: allies.

Description
: Use this skill on your ally to share damage with them. If the ally takes damages, so do you. The higher skill level is, the lower damage both of you receive, e.g. at first level you take 75% of base damage and at maximum level 55%. For example, normally your ally would take 100 damage on hit, but when blood tied with you, both of you would take 55-75 damage.
Skill works only in one way, so if you take damage your ally will not.

The spell is cancelled when you or your ally dies or distance between you is too great.

Visuals: skill caster cuts his hand with dagger and then he and his ally get tied with blood chain which disappears when the spell is cancelled.

Sounds: as the spell requires blood sacrifice, the caster screams in pain when cutting his hand.

Flavour text: blood brothers!
Skill name: Black Hole
Target: Target enemy, AOE
Description: select a single target, the target takes a certain amount of damage then all other units within a certain range (can increase with levels) gets pulled into the targeted unit, can be used to group mobs together or as a way to pull friendly’s out of combat/ pull enemy’s off of team mates.

Visuals: distort space and pull it in towards the targeted monster, also if the targeted monster is killed by the spell then have them get compressed completely into the black hole (also could make it have a bigger AOE if it does kill, something along the lines of it consumed more matter so i sustained its self for a little longer)

Sounds: make everything else quite for the half second or so the black hole is there, then a snap or a crash as it disappears
Flavour text: “Super massive(ly tiny) black hole used to compact the enemies” (not to good with the flavour text stuff lol)
no picture as im at uni on the lab computers (supposed to be working XD)
Skill name: Sandstorm

Target: Self

Description: A defensive ability that when cast causes your character spin quickly creating a sandstorm obscuring your enemies vision causing them have 75% reduced sight range and 20% reduced chance to hit with melee abilities for 5 (+1 second per rank max 10 seconds).

Visuals: Your character quickly spins creating a whirling sandstorm around themselves. The sandstorm follows your character for the duration of the ability.

Sounds: The sounds of the heavy winds of a sandstorm.

Flavour text: As sand sweeps out, vultures sweep in.

*Lack of picture*
I added some extra thoughts to my page 6 skill idea. Can't wait to see the winner, there are some really cool ideas in here.

I hope the pics aren't too heavily weighted, as I don't have one >.<
Refraction Beam
The caster shoots a beam of light. If the light hit's an enemy it refracts off their soul towards an other enemy.
(the beam does not refract if the enemy has no soul)
....._______
..../...........\
...|.............|_____...._........…
...|......o................V..VVVVV..\
...|.............________________/
....\_______/

KEYSUS
Skill name: Hallowed Ground

Target: AoE Damage, party buff

Description: A targeted section of ground becomes sacred, damaging all undead, dark, or other sacrilegious creatures. If a party member is standing in the targeted area, they become temporarily shielded from basic attacks.

Visuals: A brilliant white light illuminates the ground.

Sounds: Harps and screams of the dying.

Skill name:420
Target: enemies
Description:A giant plant of herbs(maryj) comes out of the ground and stuns nearby enemies for a short duration of time.
Visuals: weed plant duh
Sounds:surprise me
Flavour text:"I LOVE WEED, BUT NOT AS MUCH AS I LUUUVVV PUSSY" -Dave Chappell
*picture*:
Skill name: Shadow Bomb

Target: Enemy (buff)

Description: The enemy gains the Shadow Bomb debuff of 20 seconds, if the target dies while Shadow Bomb is active all enemies around the target will be affected by blood plague, suffering X damage every second over 10 seconds.

Visuals: The spell's target will have a shadow aura around him, some shadow explosion animation and a bloddy cloud around the ones affected by the plague.

Sounds: minor sound when casted, a corpse explosion sound when target is killed and some pain sounds from the targets affected by plague
Skill name: Abide

Target: Multiple enemies within a 6 foot radius

Desc: summon a rug to really tie your enemies together

Visuals: a really cool looking rug pops out of thin air

Text: "abide, dudes"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info