Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[1.3.x] Dual Flame Totems: Solo, Self-Found, Beginner-friendly. AA+EB!

This build is everything it's said to be. I recently started playing PoE again after a years long hiatus, and immediately went looking for a Beginner Friendly build that kept the promise. Went through LA Ranger to 70 before starting to look again.

For me, this one was it.

Cheap. Self-found. Can only get better with investment. Three Dragons and Windscream were not hard to find, and not expensive to buy. Levelling to 35-36, when Blood Magic and Double Totems kick in, was a breeze. I bought a Geofri's Baptism for 1c, and it took me from 1-35 in no time, with Spectral Throw(and nothing else).

After I went BM and Ancestral, everything became a straight path to the finish line. I did Dominus at level 62, and that was the first time I died. Sometimes I pushed through content 7-8 levels above mine. Plop down the totems and lean against a wall.

Goes well with some other Uniques as well, as others have mentioned. Doryani's Catalyst, Infernal Mantle, I'm using Doryani's Invitation(belt), Rathpith ofc... I'm thinking Astramentis would be nice to have, considering the higher INT-demands on Wands and Iron Will on a possible 6L.

For anyone considering this build - do it. It will take you to maps and through them.

I'm at lvl 80 now, meandering through maps. Very few things are troublesome.

Thank you Mivo, thank you so much :D

Disclaimer:I have not tried 72+ level maps yet. I will most likely be squishy.
The build is pretty good, my tooltip dps has almost reached 2900, everything melts. Only bosses die slow enough for me to cast the curses. I have died plenty of times though, mostly to invaders / strongboxes and some nasty map mods. I could have been a lot more careful though. Also would have picked a lot more hp nodes over damage nodes if I was wanting to play it safer.

I am really getting bored though. I hate getting bored, but I seem to get bored when I get into maps, I think its because I have no luck with maps while others seem to get map drops like they were normal white items.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Last edited by CrazylikE on Jul 20, 2014, 6:49:52 PM
awesome build
Ingame : Nanika_Z

Died recently in the 1M hc league @ lvl 90 to a stupid mistake on my side.

Decided to post here, since few People saw this build in Action on some PoE streams.

My Gear: [All obtained in 1Month HC]

Passive Tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAecCcQSzBS0GoBDMFCAUTRRxFm8YkRmFGjgaVRpsIWAkqicvJ-0pTyoTK7YspzboNuk8LUCgQYdG10rETP9QR1W1VcZY5VnzWitdxl5dXz9gS2EhZIRko2e9aHRyqXTtdPF4aXrveyCCm4TviPGMRo9GkFWUoJuhna6euZ7NogCj8qSspwinMKeEp5Ssqq9stQS3PrfWuJO8n8AawQTDE8T2xYrGrs9l0NDR_dhN2mLa3d-_42rjn-Qi6hjsOO5v7w7wH_Iv8kXz3fau9zL4k_jr-b356P4K_oc=

My final stats are:

~4,7k life
78 Elemental resistences
-48 Chaos resistences

4,4k Sheet dps
Last edited by Tyranastrasz on Jul 28, 2014, 7:11:01 PM
@Tyranastrasz

You can drop the 2x10% mana nodes and Celestial Walker (12% elemental damage) near Templar starting zone (if you can afford the loss of 12 resists), and use these 3 points to get 3 spell damage nodes from the Scion start (10+6+6=22% spell damage for 3 nodes/points).

Increased elemental damage does not affect your Added Chaos, but spell damage does.
Thanks for the suggestion, i will do it if i manage to get gear so im capped without the resists, but as of now im exactly capped with the way my settup is.

OMG doing 66 maps on 62 lvl with 135+52 rarity. It's sick :>
Thank you very much for sharing this build. I've used it in the 1 Month HC League and had lots of fun. I pushed too hard and Vaal destroyed me at lvl 62, but it was 100% my fault :)

If I may, a bit of criticism: being unable to use the wands which require a lot of intellect cripples the build a bit. Also the lack of Iron Reflexes makes a few gearing choices harder than they should be.

This is my humble opinion, of course! I had a blast playing dual flame totem, and I may give it another try in the next 4 months hc league :)
IGN: guzacon
Tried this build for the 1 month softcore race. A few pros and cons:

The Good

- Very easy to stack IIR, get good resists, life, etc.
- The build can get you to maps without much trouble and without much gear upgrading. A 4L can get your totems pretty far.
- Extremely cheap. I bought windscream and 3 dragons for less than 6 chaos.

The Bad

- The passive tree is not optimized. You can squeeze some more life out of it if you grab different nodes.
- The clear speed is not what I was hoping for. If you want to do maps quickly, this build isn't for you unless you allocate your nodes a lot differently.
- Gets rocked by enemies that can do a lot of physical damage since your armor will never be good.

I'd also like to note that conversion trap is quite necessary for late game. Not only is stealing Rare mobs' auras for your totems fun, you really need other enemies to take the hits for them.

In conclusion, after playing it to level 69 so far I'm not as impressed as I hoped I would be. The build feels like it needs more damage or much more totem life (requiring the gem + 20%Q Flame Totem), and the clear speed makes getting to the later levels when you can get that damage very slow going. If you're starting off this is a very cheap and stable build. If you've got a couple exalts worth of currency, I'd recommend Iznobest's 3 Dragon's Incinerator. I was able to get a fairly good amount of IIR (160%) with decent gear on that build and the clear speed is way higher and survivability is better (Not a totem build so apples and oranges, but still something to keep in mind).
Last edited by Quelex on Jul 31, 2014, 4:35:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info