[1.3.x] Dual Flame Totems: Solo, Self-Found, Beginner-friendly. AA+EB!

"
Teplokot wrote:

Oh and Flame Totem + Faster Casting + Fire Penetration + Faster Projectiles + GMP + level 3/4 Empower <_<

I've found Added Chaos > Faster Casting, do you have the opposite experience or does Faster Casting help more than the tooltip DPS indicates?

Also, did you test Faster Projectiles v. Iron Will v. Added Chaos or is clearing those pesky ranged enemies better than a little additional DPS?
Last edited by meep_42 on Jun 16, 2014, 4:45:22 PM
Thinking of adding a cull skill / EE primer:

Arc + Cull + Rarity -- I'm planning on using Aurseize gloves so color isn't really a problem, what's a good 4th link to use? I don't know that I care about chain enough since it's a cull skill and 3-5 targets seems enough. I'm also not concerned with damage since the totems are there for that. If I'm adding a little defence is Blind better than LGoH or Stun? Are there any other options?
"
meep_42 wrote:
Thinking of adding a cull skill / EE primer:

Arc + Cull + Rarity -- I'm planning on using Aurseize gloves so color isn't really a problem, what's a good 4th link to use? I don't know that I care about chain enough since it's a cull skill and 3-5 targets seems enough. I'm also not concerned with damage since the totems are there for that. If I'm adding a little defence is Blind better than LGoH or Stun? Are there any other options?

It has to be used in conjunction with Spell totem or Trap, if you have the Ancestral bond keystone you can't deal damage yourself.

Added Chaos > Fire Penetration
Especially if you're lowering their fire res with Windscream/Doedre's cursing E-weakness and Flammability.
Last edited by Tyraziell on Jun 18, 2014, 5:53:13 AM
what are your thoughts on the Arsonist circle near Blood Magic? 8%+8%+8%+18% Fire Damage seems legit..
"
Tyraziell wrote:

It has to be used in conjunction with Spell totem or Trap, if you have the Ancestral bond keystone you can't deal damage yourself.

I knew I was forgetting something key.

Cold Snap -> Trap -> Cull -> Rarity
or
Lightning Trap -> Cull -> Rarity -> Blind

Lightning trap kind of sucks for actually hitting things, so maybe
Lightning Trap -> Multiple Traps (quality) -> Cull -> Rarity

So on EE maps I'd trap, totem, curse, curse, totem. Otherwise it's normal except to toss the trap at the end of bosses / rares.
"
meep_42 wrote:
"
Tyraziell wrote:

I knew I was forgetting something key.

Cold Snap -> Trap -> Cull -> Rarity
or
Lightning Trap -> Cull -> Rarity -> Blind

Lightning trap kind of sucks for actually hitting things, so maybe
Lightning Trap -> Multiple Traps (quality) -> Cull -> Rarity

So on EE maps I'd trap, totem, curse, curse, totem. Otherwise it's normal except to toss the trap at the end of bosses / rares.

Y bother trap?
coulda just use another flame totem instead. =]
Ign: Zanosaur
"
zanosaur wrote:

Y bother trap?
coulda just use another flame totem instead. =]

I wanted to have a double-use as EE-primer, I did have a flame totem with cull, rarity, and faster casting but didn't like it much as it didn't put out much damage. Might be better with LMP/GMP, Cull, Rarity.

I tried the traps and they suck because you can't control the timing. Arc totems died so quickly that it was stupid. I'm using shockwave totems because they're beefy and AOE, alternating with Increased AOE (for groups) and Added Lightning (for EE / Solo) and that seems to work pretty decently thus far.
"
meep_42 wrote:
"
Teplokot wrote:

Oh and Flame Totem + Faster Casting + Fire Penetration + Faster Projectiles + GMP + level 3/4 Empower <_<

I've found Added Chaos > Faster Casting, do you have the opposite experience or does Faster Casting help more than the tooltip DPS indicates?

Also, did you test Faster Projectiles v. Iron Will v. Added Chaos or is clearing those pesky ranged enemies better than a little additional DPS?

Even with high quality totem and all possible hp/resistances nodes taken totems are dying pretty fast. For me being able to recast totems fast beats the numbers on paper.But totems have an aftercast delay before they start attacking, so after a certain point mindlessly recasting your totems will tremendously decrease your dps.

Originally dual flame totems was (and still is) used to mf, you simply could not get your casting speed high enough with all the iir/iiq gear you had to wear. But i say if you can get your cast speed up to 90-100 without faster casting gem you can surely switch it for Added Chaos Damage which beats any other gem both on paper and in the field.

I thought about corrupted Enhance gem but no matter how much life totems have you will have to recast them because of status effects such as Frozen. So i decided that...i will make a cycloner because i am tired of hiding behind totems <_<

Dual Flame Totems Witch/Templar/Scion/Marauder is a great first character when you need to accumulate currency, but late game wise it is a poor choice considering that one lucky atziri run will give you more currency than a hundred dominus runs.
Have you considered/tested The Covenant (Blood Magic and chaos damage)?
"Embrace the darkness"
Last edited by jerkan7 on Jun 24, 2014, 11:24:20 AM
"
azothshock wrote:
what are your thoughts on the Arsonist circle near Blood Magic? 8%+8%+8%+18% Fire Damage seems legit..

Our totems deal Fire Dmg + Chaos Dmg (thanks to the added chaos damage gem) so basically:

Totem dmg% nodes = Spell dmg% nodes > E-dmg% nodes = Fire dmg% nodes.

Totem dmg% and Spell dmg% nodes affect both, Inherent Fire Damage from the flame totem and Chaos damage from the gem. While Fire Dmg% nodes and Elemental Dmg% nodes only affect the fire part which makes them inferior for this build :)

Witches and Shadows have 16% spell power nodes in their trees, any +15% Spell power/Totem Dmg node (or a beefier node) is worth taking indeed. the Arsonist circle unfortunately lags behind in this department.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info