[1.3.x] Dual Flame Totems: Solo, Self-Found, Beginner-friendly. AA+EB!

Mivo what is your current gear with this build?
I just hit level 60 in Invasion and started to use Flame Totem ( I was using Searing Bond ) on a 4L.
Damage is pretty low since my gems are not leveled enough ( about level 15 at this point ), though it's fine for leveling.

I'd like to ask if taking Static Blows ( which is just a few points above Purity of Flesh ) would be a good choice when using Three Dragons, Golden Mask.

Thanks.
Last edited by tanfodelmale on Jun 5, 2014, 3:20:55 AM
Love the build. Under the "Mana Flows" part in the Duelist area, you have a mana node selected when you click that Scion from your second post. I'm assuming that's a error?
I just respecced a Searing Bond Templar I had sitting around to this (40+ regrets later...) and it's pretty awesome.

I had to use a couple extra points to get out of the Templar area (I went up through the elemental damage nodes to get 42% damage and 12% resists). Next up is Diamonskin, Static Blows (w/Three Dragons), Totem damage nodes, life nodes, and Elementalist/fire damage nodes in the Templar area.

Current:
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAdwCcQSzBS0FWwthEMwUTRRxGYUaOBpsHRQkqicvJ-0qEyu2LKc26TwtQYdG10rETP9VtVXGWfNaK13GXz9gS2EhZp5odHKpdO14DXhpeWh674Tvi4yMRo9GkFWUoJ7NogCj8qSspzCnhKyqr2y1BLc-vJ--isAawQTE9sWKxq7PZdDQ2E3aYt-_4XPi6uNq45_kIuoY7SDvDvAf8932rvcy-JP46_no-tI=

101-point Templar build
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAdwCcQSzBS0FWwthEMwUIBRNFHEYkRmFGjgabB0UJKonLyftKU8qEyu2LKc26TwtQYdG10rETP9QR1W1VcZY5VnzWitdxl8_YEthIWaeZ71odHKpdO14DXhpeWh65nrveyCCm4Tvi4yMRo9GkFWUoJuhns2iAKPypKynMKeErKqvbLUEtz68n76KwBrBBMMTxPbFisauz2XQ0NIh1HzYTdpi37_hc-Lq42rjn-Qi52rqGO0g7w7wH_Iv8932rvcy-JP46_no-tL-hw==

I didn't invest a cent in gear yet, so I'm using

with a 4-link Flame totem and still made it through the Sceptre of God pretty easily at 66. 2nd Form Dominus was a pain, though. The totems couldn't keep up with the adds and I got shredded between them and the bleed stacks.

I'm going to upgrade the wands, get a Three Dragons, and maybe Windscreams (I don't have an Elem Weakness gem lying around, so that's not a priority), and a chest I want to 5L to see if I can get the damage to acceptable levels against resistant rares and bosses, but life isn't even an issue with the ridiculous regen. Are there any unique body armours that are great with this? LC, Kaom's, or Daresso's maybe?

Thanks for the build, super fun to spam totems in the doorways until things die by running into them.
Last edited by meep_42 on Jun 12, 2014, 6:27:57 PM
Well, this looks fun, i will try this build.

Thanks for sharing.

Hey, is there any way to subscribe to a topic?
It cannot be overstated how much difference a Three Dragons helm and Static Blows makes. Completely and totally amazing.

I'm still a little underwhelmed with the damage (~800 tooltip DPS with 4-link) and defenses, but it's pretty damn fun.
"
meep_42 wrote:
It cannot be overstated how much difference a Three Dragons helm and Static Blows makes. Completely and totally amazing.

I'm still a little underwhelmed with the damage (~800 tooltip DPS with 4-link) and defenses, but it's pretty damn fun.

800 dps refers to damage per beam, and you have 5 beams per totem and 2 totems, so IF you place them correctly, the damage will be a lot higher, dont worry on the tooltip, is like trying factoring point blank, you have to go in and test to realice the change.

MIVO... question... will point blank be a good addition on a 6 link, or even a 5l whitout 3dragons? the firebeams dont seems to go all that away from the 10 mts. that the gem needs for the 50% damage boost.

i think it might be wort go into, but i'm currently running 3 dragons helmet whit added lightning as my fifht gem (and i dont have any option to get a decent 6l) and the chill/freeze is just a overall buff, since protects the totems and keeps mobs in the "shotgun" section very easily.

if you have any feedback (or someone alse to try it maibe) would be greath, i'll try to test on a 5l and let you guys know
"
ER_Triage wrote:
Love the build. Under the "Mana Flows" part in the Duelist area, you have a mana node selected when you click that Scion from your second post. I'm assuming that's a error?

I've looked through the links, but didn't see the one you were referring to. Yes, it would be a mistake! We stay away from anything related to mana with this build. I just wish I could find the offending link.

I'm homing in on 88 now and the build still works just fine. I've been toying around some with shields (added a paragraph about them in the first post) and currently use this one:

(Ignore the Vaal gem, I only level it for the achievement!)

It's actually a great little shield with every stat on it being useful. I lose some dps compared to a second wand, but the extra life and the block/spellblock is welcome on harder maps (I just had a very scary "oh no, fuck no, no!!!" moment when I got charged by undead rhoas on a +cold dmg, -player res, 50% reg, shocking ground map -- yes, I survived!). It's really not necessary, but if it drops for you have one laying around, it's a solid choice. But no, it's not needed for the build.
Last edited by Mivo on Jun 15, 2014, 12:03:40 PM
Managed to get to 80 on invasion using similar build.

The only reason to go for scion is because you absolutely hate marauder model/voiceover, otherwise you should always go for marauder. 36% life and 24% increased armour for five nodes is far superior to 10 hp and 1.2% regeneration for four nodes. Elementalist and Celestial Walker are good nodes on their own but it takes too much trash nodes (remember intelligence is doing NOTHING for us, just keep it high enough to support your gems) to get to it. Rathpith and elemental resistance with shields nodes is what we need. Decreased criticals, increased maximum elemental resistances near marauder, life and regeneration near templar and we are good to go.

Doryani's is the best weapon so as the fire leech belt, unless oneshot or being under heavy fire totems will be able to outheal massive incoming damage. You would be amazed how much survivability even 1% leech adds.

Oh and Flame Totem + Faster Casting + Fire Penetration + Faster Projectiles + GMP + level 3/4 Empower <_<
Thanks Mivo for this awesome build.

What would u recommend adding the last 15ish passive points after lvl 85? Is it worth it to spend more point to the +8% dmg nodes in the totem wheels? Or maybe 5 points to get shamanistic fury?

What items would u recommend for luxury? Doryani's invitation could be a good belt? +25-30% fire dmg seems pretty sweet not to mention the +armor n double res and 1% fire dmg LL.

Ign: Zanosaur

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info