Things to improve in the Sarn Arena

"
Rhys wrote:

I know it isn't ideal, but it's a step in the right direction. Also, do you think /rematch should shuffle teams by default, rather than keeping them exactly the same?

I think /rematch should shuffle the teams unless they are partied up before hand. This is especially a good idea when games don't start because one person didn't make it to the 3v3 match, for whatever reason.
IGN: _Firebitch
"
Rhys wrote:
"
KimchiGirlx3 wrote:
it would also be cool for your kills and deaths in Sarn Arena and also separately for matchmaking are recorded somewhere on your profile on the forums.

Yeah, that's a good idea. There's a lot we could do for more PvP features. Not sure what the plan is, though.

However, for 1.2.0 at least I'm trying to add the ability to type /ladder in FFA, which gives you a list of the top killers in that instance with their K/D ratios. Again, just a step in the right direction (fingers crossed). Still debating what - if any - messages should be sent to players regarding this.

Why would you not talk to us about what you're doing? If you tell us what features you're working on, we could give you feedback on those (you'll probably need to state specifically to only provide feedback on the things mentioned, and that it is not a post for additional features). Communication is important with the community after all.
as for changing sarn arena's entrance, couldn't you just place a portal near the waypoint that takes you to it?
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
"
Why would you not talk to us about what you're doing? If you tell us what features you're working on, we could give you feedback

Um... I just told you exactly what I'm working on, in terms of PvP. And I was actually fishing for feedback, but apparently was too subtle.

So I was thinking of alerting players to changes in their position in the ladder, if they're in the top 10 (by sending a chat message). I was also trying to think of some global messages that would be appropriate, but I'm not sure on that one. What do you think?

"
TheEnforcer wrote:
as for changing sarn arena's entrance, couldn't you just place a portal near the waypoint that takes you to it?

True, but it would be unintuitive and cause confusion (since that's where player portals normally go).
Code warrior
"
Rhys wrote:
"
Why would you not talk to us about what you're doing? If you tell us what features you're working on, we could give you feedback

Um... I just told you exactly what I'm working on, in terms of PvP. And I was actually fishing for feedback, but apparently was too subtle.

So I was thinking of alerting players to changes in their position in the ladder, if they're in the top 10 (by sending a chat message). I was also trying to think of some global messages that would be appropriate, but I'm not sure on that one. What do you think?

"
TheEnforcer wrote:

True, but it would be unintuitive and cause confusion (since that's where player portals normally go).

How about a Tab in the Waypoint menu?
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
Rhys wrote:
"

"
TheEnforcer wrote:

Another Arena portal doesn't have to be near the waypoint, I think a good place would be near the weapon shop at the bottom of the stairs. There is some space there between the stairs and the weapon shop where Hargan is, but the art department would likely need to redesign Sarn a bit.

I came up with a new idea today. Often I want to PvP a bit in Sarn Arena in Standard but there is no one in the arena, so I am forced to wait in the arena and run around and hope someone shows up. Maybe there could be some kind of queue you could sign up for and it would teleport you whenever another person entered the arena. You could have the option to be added to a queue by talking to Maramoa or something like how you talk to Gruest to join PVP matchmaking queue. This way a person would't have to wait around alone in Sarn Arena if people weren't there, and they could trade in town, or tidy their stash or something.

Also, it would be nice, not just for this arena idea but in normal PVP matchmaking to be able to leave the town while still waiting in the queue so you could do some questing or just leveling. Maybe not allow a person to join parties though while in queue so if they are teleported to arena, the other party members aren't suddenly weaker or disadvantaged.
"Come along fool, a direct hit to the senses will leave you disconnected."
Last edited by KimchiGirlx3 on Jul 9, 2014, 4:33:13 AM
"
Rhys wrote:

I know it isn't ideal, but it's a step in the right direction. Also, do you think /rematch should shuffle teams by default, rather than keeping them exactly the same?

Yes please make it so /rematch shuffles the teams, boring to play with same team all the time :P
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
A thing that also would be nice would be if /remaining or something like it would tell you how many players are in the arena. Some times you are just 2 and you are both running in circles without finding each other.

As it is now we have to get out and ctrl click the entrance to see how many and who is in it.
"
Grildrak wrote:
A thing that also would be nice would be if /remaining or something like it would tell you how many players are in the arena. Some times you are just 2 and you are both running in circles without finding each other.

As it is now we have to get out and ctrl click the entrance to see how many and who is in it.

yes, this would be great.
items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
How about a Tab in the Waypoint menu?

+1
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info