Hardcore League: Templar GOD Build

So guys i followed the skill tree to the 80 point and now feel pretty lost, just reached act3 in merciless, I am level 65 got 2300hp 80 lightning,fire,frost resist, 60 chaos, and 3600 armour.

My dps is around 1400 with LS and 3k with Glacial hammer,

So my question is what nodes i shall look now ? More Dps, more hp..more armor ?

Thanks ! Advice my skill tree is the same of 80 point guide!

And thanks again !
"
Dayne89 wrote:
So guys i followed the skill tree to the 80 point and now feel pretty lost, just reached act3 in merciless, I am level 65 got 2300hp 80 lightning,fire,frost resist, 60 chaos, and 3600 armour.

And thanks again !

i'm glad to hear that :)

Sorry, I am drunk 'cause I jsut came from a bar. Trying to write as clear as possible XD

First goal for you is to aim for Golem's Blood if you have bad survivability. If not, take some physical mace damage nodes and boos up you DPS :) I'd recommend getting those HP and HP regen nodes at the Golem's Blood side

Cheers
I've got balls of steel
"
Freshbrewed wrote:
"
Dayne89 wrote:

And thanks again !

i'm glad to hear that :)

Sorry, I am drunk 'cause I jsut came from a bar. Trying to write as clear as possible XD

First goal for you is to aim for Golem's Blood if you have bad survivability. If not, take some physical mace damage nodes and boos up you DPS :) I'd recommend getting those HP and HP regen nodes at the Golem's Blood side

Cheers

Right now just leveled some, got 2500 hp, doing some Docks for exp and going pretty well.

Sooooo, I dunno is my survavility is bad, right now i am playing softcore, so u think i must go for Golem blood or More dps ?

Btw got only 36% physical reduction with my current armor is that Ok ? or bit low ? and 42% chance block
Last edited by Dayne89 on Feb 14, 2013, 5:56:17 PM
Its possible to play it as a Marauder?
Hey, I just started using blood magic (lvl 49, don't know if I'm on track with the build or not) and Tempest shield takes up quite a bit of life for only a smallish (30-50dmg) dps return. Should I stick with it, maybe use a reduce mana/blood magic gem and lightning penetration/dmg, or switch to a different shield skill, like shield charge (I have a +12% one)?
Will it get better over time with more health or is it just something I'll have to learn to live with?

I'm loving the build btw.
I have played last time witch and like it but my friend start in PoE with 1 more guy so I make new trio with them. Last night we play, finishing ACT I and i get templar on lvl 16. I try use on him spark but and its goes quite ok but more fun for me gives smashing with mace f.e glacial hammer so wanna make new templar.

I read this build and its look ok but I'm afraid about Blood Magic. Never use it in PoE and I'm a bit scarry how it looks on mobs swarms and bosses when they hit You and character aditional use hp to cast.
Maybe is possible to change this build and use normally mana for skills. In our trio we have ranger and witch so she will use Clarity surely.
One more thing Fresh - You use Rejuvenation Totem and I'm curious if it can be Decoy Totem instead. Till now I has play on new low lvl templar it works very effective.

Generally i wanna make typical tank with high resistances, a lot of hp and using smashing maces/axes/staff attacks.
"
Purespirit wrote:
I have played last time witch and like it but my friend start in PoE with 1 more guy so I make new trio with them. Last night we play, finishing ACT I and i get templar on lvl 16. I try use on him spark but and its goes quite ok but more fun for me gives smashing with mace f.e glacial hammer so wanna make new templar.

I read this build and its look ok but I'm afraid about Blood Magic. Never use it in PoE and I'm a bit scarry how it looks on mobs swarms and bosses when they hit You and character aditional use hp to cast.
Maybe is possible to change this build and use normally mana for skills. In our trio we have ranger and witch so she will use Clarity surely.
One more thing Fresh - You use Rejuvenation Totem and I'm curious if it can be Decoy Totem instead. Till now I has play on new low lvl templar it works very effective.

Generally i wanna make typical tank with high resistances, a lot of hp and using smashing maces/axes/staff attacks.

hi, im level 65 doing docks merciless too.
you can see in my previous posts that i use 4 over 1k HP flasks.
Surivability, specially in a party with blood magic is very high.
specially when u use rejuv totem.

my dps for LS at lvl 65 is 2400.
i chose to have more dps over HP, currently only at 1.5khp.
you can see my skill tree on my previous post.

Happy Gaming.
@Dayne

You're doing just fine. I'd go for more DPS since you're on softcore. Armor is fine also. Try stacking resistances if they are too low. HP>Resistances>Armor

@Schne

Yes, it is possible.

@fervt

If it drains awful lot of HP for you, switch to Shield Charge. I'm using Shield Charge and it's perfect for big damageburst at long ranges + works as a escape mechanism :)

@Purespirit

"Generally i wanna make typical tank with high resistances, a lot of hp and using smashing maces/axes/staff attacks."

If that so, you are looking into right build. Blood Magic drains almost no HP and actually in every situation you receive more HP thourgh hitting enemies (with Life on Hit/Leech gems + item attributes which includes the same) than you lose for every hit you make. Only problem is as this guide focuses on Blood Magic style, we sacrifice of some auras that would help us in progress. Nevertheless you can always join a group and get all free aura boosts around you :) If you are grouping with this build, you'll be always the tankiest and craziest one.

Cheers
I've got balls of steel
Hi, about the use of auras.
I did some experiment, wich costed me some respec points.
Removed Blood Magic and went back to using mana.
Used reduced mana and used the passive reduce mana reserve too.
I used Hatred auara and deteremination(armor) or purity(ele resist)
But the major problem is...i always end up losing mana.
and once i stop pounding, life leech aint working, and i start dying.
Even after using 4 mana flasks, it doesnt seem to be enough.
SO for those who are using mana, any thoughts?

I did manage to get my dps to 3.2k, with hatred aura.
ele resist to 82%
damage reduction 46%
but not being able to cast LS due to mana insufficiency means death.
plus i only carry 1 Life flask, which is a bummer.

glad to hear your thots.

Ill have to spend some respec points again to return to my former build,
had fun experimenting , although it costed me, ouch, lol
That was one of the things I wanted to test out and get clarification too :D

Too bad you end up losing skill points but eh, good test is always appreciated ^^

Cheers
I've got balls of steel

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info