Hardcore League: Templar GOD Build

Why not Iron Grip?
It don't worth?
its 7 points, i don't know how much it increase on LS dps.
"
Freshbrewed wrote:

Nasty death you got there :( I`m glad you like the build!

Cheers

Hehe np, poor play on my part- should have LS from range at that point.

So already bored of default, but I am trying a new build inspired from watching Kripp's stream the other night and how tanky he was able to make a duelist. Duelist start, leap slam/LS with molten shell, enduring cry, and swap rejuv totem with one of those dandy knockback flame totems. :D Anger aura... probably switch to grace later.

I noticed from Kripp's build you can swap out all the crit damage nodes for things like shield nodes and static blows. Will also have IR and possibly iron grip since it's close by.

Basically going to mix a few different ideas together and see what happens. ;)
Last edited by MrRoundTree on Feb 13, 2013, 3:21:54 AM
With this build what bandit rewards should you take? Is it worth getting 8% all res?
Hi, i would like your comment on this.
After building the templar to lvl 65 this is the present stats he got, having this gears.

1.5kHP, 80 ES, no mana
LS 2400DPS, Glacial Hammer 3k, Phys damage reduce - 41%
All ele resist 80%, block chance only 31%
cannot be stunned but cannot evade attacks.

This is my farming gear that gives me 81% rarity drop increase.

THis is the Skill tree atm.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBhMREckA2I020-fAfogAUTQSzAnEyiVfid-UFW4uM7DgaOKeEkFXAGuSt3sFmnqmVUWAn7ayqUea0L0E_GS7Uj7nd8i9yqXzZ2WFXDdIhns2nMA48OlKGYFYEYVIyCZ_Lj0YUIFBHD8ymZPe-891Z8_rSHRQzlnM_QYxwfU99gFYUccmY378Z6fcygSvfspSHWD2exWebYIhVqZe0rLo=

presently can solo merciless docks, but cannot solo slums,warehouse and market coz of the chaos snakes, present chaos resist is negative 60, can reduce to negative 40 if gonna wear my other gears but will reduce dps.

I would like your comments on how to further improve.
Thanks
Last edited by MxDGentle on Feb 13, 2013, 9:38:01 AM
What type of armor should I be using? Flat armor or AR/ES?
"
MxDGentle wrote:
Hi, i would like your comment on this.
After building the templar to lvl 65 this is the present stats he got, having this gears.

1.5kHP, 80 ES, no mana
LS 2400DPS, Glacial Hammer 3k, Phys damage reduce - 41%
All ele resist 80%, block chance only 31%
cannot be stunned but cannot evade attacks.

This is my farming gear that gives me 81% rarity drop increase.

THis is the Skill tree atm.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBhMREckA2I020-fAfogAUTQSzAnEyiVfid-UFW4uM7DgaOKeEkFXAGuSt3sFmnqmVUWAn7ayqUea0L0E_GS7Uj7nd8i9yqXzZ2WFXDdIhns2nMA48OlKGYFYEYVIyCZ_Lj0YUIFBHD8ymZPe-891Z8_rSHRQzlnM_QYxwfU99gFYUccmY378Z6fcygSvfspSHWD2exWebYIhVqZe0rLo=

presently can solo merciless docks, but cannot solo slums,warehouse and market coz of the chaos snakes, present chaos resist is negative 60, can reduce to negative 40 if gonna wear my other gears but will reduce dps.

I would like your comments on how to further improve.
Thanks

Hey mate!

Here's a little walkthrough on where you should invest your points to get alot of juices out!

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBhMREckA2I020-fAfogAUTQSzAnEyiVfid-UFW4uM7DgaOKeEkFXAGuSt3sFmnqmVUWAn7ayqUea0L0E_GS7Uj7nd8i9yqXzZ2WFXDdIhns2nMA48OlKGYFYEYVIyCZ_Lj0YUIFBHD8ymZPe-891Z8_rSHRQzlnM_QYxwfU99gFYUccmY378Z6fcygSvfspSHWD2exWebYIhVqZe0rLrvDiku4XPtIEbX0NDPZVXGm6Fnve5v

These are my suggestions, I think you are aware of your situation better than I am but just providing my insight :)

For the gearpart: Try getting another Armor potion, I think with your life leech + regeneration combined, 3 potions are enough. Also if chaos is hurting you too much, try to get Chaos potion which should give nice amount of defence against it. Also getting shield with Chaos Resistance will benefit you alot; all the shield passives will increase Chaos resistance given by shield, don't forget!

I love your mace, it's pretty good for your level. You have also stacked some Rarity find which is clever, good! Your only problem is that you focus too much on getting high armour % value on the items. You should priorize Health over Armour so getting items which increases your total HP will give you more survivability. (Getting only Strenght is not enough)

Overall I like your gear and how you build your passive skill tree. Good job!

Cheers

"
Eldir wrote:
What type of armor should I be using? Flat armor or AR/ES?

Use armor that gives you the most HP and armor.
I've got balls of steel
Last edited by Freshbrewed on Feb 13, 2013, 3:47:48 PM
ok im using this build, lvl 40 at the moment, im doing pretty fine, not having any difficult..
i was thinking on wich skills i will use later on, i have ideas but need some help from you guys

Skills:

-LS + Weapon elemental dmg + melee physical dmg + life leech + chain/fork + faster attacks (if you have a 6L armor)

-Glaciar Hammer + Weapon elemental dmg + faster attacks + life leech or meele physical dmg (dont know yet)

-tempest shield (dont know yet if worth the 25% mana reserved, wich in this case is 25% of our HP so with 4k HP, TS will cosume 1000 hp :/) + weapon elemental dmg + added lightning dmg + lightning penetration

-Arc + Spell totem + chain/elemental proliferation (arc + spell totem will provide me a lot of shock charges for 120% more dmg )

-Conductivity (this reduce lightning resistance plus % chance to shock) + increased duration + Increase area of effect (dont know if i will use this with no support gems or going with this 2)

-this leave me with 4 open sockets maybe i can use wrath, endurance cry, shieldcharge/leapslam for escape + either a support gem for the escape skill or other aura with no % mana reserved

Gear:

aiming for full armor set, shield can be Armor/ES (with resistances), the set should run plus armor, HP and resistances, resistance rings, Onyx amulet (this because we need stats for dex and int support/skill gems); for mace one with high physical dmg + lightning dmg.

Skill tree:

so this is what im going for, feel free to coment, add something, help with tips, etc

P.D: the main problem of using Blood magic is that we cant use much auras (% mana reserved doenst feels great on HP).
Last edited by Antharaz on Feb 13, 2013, 11:42:21 PM
How is this templar god build template compared to the other popular thread

Mace/Shield LS Templar with Video and writeup(Written for New Players)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/76784

whats the pros and cons with each spec? I started with the mace/shield spec, but now i am leaning towards this "templar god build" more. But i need to decide soon what to go, since there is some points to respec already atm. With me aiming for as i said "templar god build" now more.
shield passives giving boosted chaos resist ... i think you're wrong about this. anyways i'm level 65 playing a comparable build and i have to say it's pretty lackluster. for the bonus from shield for chaos you talk about i assumed you are talking about the Shield Mastery talent which gives 20% defenses from equipped shield. Here's what I have found from researching that specific topic :

Q:"Hello, I would like to ask what exactly do this passive.
I can't understand the "20% increased defenses of shield".
It affects only to his armour/eva/ES or also to resis, life, mana mods?

Thanks for answer"

R:"Defences" only includes ES/Armor/Evasion. :) "

for those that are looking for "GOD BUILD" as the OP claims...this isn't it. My 2 cents. sure you will do just fine in normal and even cruel won't be too much trouble but merciless and onwards to maps is not gonna be fun. plan on searching for very specific and expensive gear late game.

forgot to add i am also running blood magic support gem rather than the passive talent so that i can run 3 auras..still sucks.
i <3 minesweeper
Last edited by Runeword on Feb 14, 2013, 4:06:17 AM
"
Blejs wrote:
How is this templar god build template compared to the other popular thread

Mace/Shield LS Templar with Video and writeup(Written for New Players)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/76784

whats the pros and cons with each spec? I started with the mace/shield spec, but now i am leaning towards this "templar god build" more. But i need to decide soon what to go, since there is some points to respec already atm. With me aiming for as i said "templar god build" now more.

this build uses blood magic, unwavering stance,
and targeted all reacheable HP nodes.
Having unwavering stance, you dont need block recovery in your gears,
So u have more access to gears with high elemental damage or resists.

Blood Magic, allows you to utilize all Life flasks, no more mana deficiencies.
since you also have life leech gem and passives,
they more than make up for your needed attack cost and own survivability.

Although i want to improve more on the build,
i find satisfaction when i see other chars higher level than me
drop like flies in docks merciless act 3, when i take on 10 iceflametrowers.
ofc, i really admit, cant survive the chaos damage creeps in slums, warehouse and market.
But hey, who can?

Happy gaming!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info