[2.3] Shakk's Cyclone Build. A story about a man and his fists.

Is 4L Facebreaker mandatory? Or can it work with 3L too? I think Faster casting doesn't really make a big difference whether you use it or not (tested this on my scion).
Last edited by anvilgod on Aug 3, 2014, 6:58:40 AM
"
anvilgod wrote:
Is 4L Facebreaker mandatory? Or can it work with 3L too? I think Faster casting doesn't really make a big difference whether you use it or not (tested this on my scion).

Nah it's not mandatory, a 3L works fine if you can get a legacy one cheap.
Haven't played in some time (since before last league) and was wondering how this looks to hold up in Forsaken Masters. Have there been any announced nerfs/changes to cyclone? Been looking for something that is fun and NOT righteous fire, and this one fits those criterion.

Thanks
8/8 anarchy/onslaught
8/8 domination/nemesis
40/40 breach/talisman/harbinger/Abyss
20/20 flashback
"
Haven't played in some time (since before last league) and was wondering how this looks to hold up in Forsaken Masters. Have there been any announced nerfs/changes to cyclone? Been looking for something that is fun and NOT righteous fire, and this one fits those criterion.

Thanks

Health change might mean the build gets buffed, other than that, we won't know how it is untill the talent tree is released.
Honestly I doubt they'll nerf cyclone, not many builds use it for the pure damage of cyclone, so I see no reason why they would.
Hey shakk I have another quick question for you. My gear is still the same as in this post http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/822139/page/10#p8333928. I'm level 75 and am about to buy a 6L, but im wondering what your view is on a couple of different chests. Ill be at 116/119/106/-60 resists with a lightning coil after i pick up my next two nodes. The choices im considering are a 6L coil, a 6L carcass, and a 6L tri resist chest similar to yours. My goal with this build is to farm atziri. Do you have any recommendation or reason as to why you went for a tri resist over one of the other two options?

edit: Im also looking at legacy aegis auroras and wouldnt mind buying one. Im just looking for the setup thats going to make Atziri and her guardians as easy as possible.
Last edited by Feedmenow on Aug 4, 2014, 8:53:54 PM
"
Feedmenow wrote:
Hey shakk I have another quick question for you. My gear is still the same as in this post http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/822139/page/10#p8333928. I'm level 75 and am about to buy a 6L, but im wondering what your view is on a couple of different chests. Ill be at 116/119/106/-60 resists with a lightning coil after i pick up my next two nodes. The choices im considering are a 6L coil, a 6L carcass, and a 6L tri resist chest similar to yours. My goal with this build is to farm atziri. Do you have any recommendation or reason as to why you went for a tri resist over one of the other two options?

edit: Im also looking at legacy aegis auroras and wouldnt mind buying one. Im just looking for the setup thats going to make Atziri and her guardians as easy as possible.

Remember it's key that you have a Saffell's Frame if you're attempting Atziri, it'll block most of her abilities as anything that can kill you there is pure spell damage, her guardians are bit different you'll need a high block shield to get as high as possible.

I use the 6L I got because.. well, it was a lucky fusing back before I made this build, I had this chest with those colors and made a build around it (I've been meaning to swap it for a better one eventually). Tri-res chest helps you find gear upgrades easier, but theres no real reason why you shouldnt use Carcass or Coil if you can get the resistance from somewhere else in the gear, although I dont think the extra bit of AoE from Carcass would matter much, I'll give it a test later today, think I have one laying around.
In short use a Tri-res (or dual res for that matter) if you want to upgrade your jewelry and boots easier.

Aegis is a great shield, even with the pityful ES I got it recharges alot and gives me more survivability (I recommend it). But it's still not mandatory for this build, you can probably do just as good with Cres of Perandus which has 40% block or that new shield Thousand Teeth Temu.
Last edited by ShakkaFL on Aug 5, 2014, 4:19:27 AM
Thanks for your previous reply. Just to ask, which gem gives a bigger DPS boost? Faster attacks or Melee physical damage?
"
anvilgod wrote:
Thanks for your previous reply. Just to ask, which gem gives a bigger DPS boost? Faster attacks or Melee physical damage?

Both, I don't recommend dropping either, if anything drop Added Fire.

But to answer your question, Melee Physical Damage will usually give you more dps.
Last edited by ShakkaFL on Aug 5, 2014, 1:15:40 PM
Actually I can use both but after buying a 5L I went low on budget so currently I can choose to buy only one quality gem, so it's either a quality melee damage or faster attacks.
"
anvilgod wrote:
Actually I can use both but after buying a 5L I went low on budget so currently I can choose to buy only one quality gem, so it's either a quality melee damage or faster attacks.

Get the Melee Physical one then, Faster attacks gem can always be GCPd when you get it to level 20 without losing as much dps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info