[1.2.0] Rampage/Beyond - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / hc tested)

"
Eelbrook wrote:
Thx..
But even thouh u go The MoM way, or u got cloak of efiance, u still need the mana either way. to sustain it..
So mkana reserved nodes would always be good.
but ye ur also lvl 73. im 59, theres ome way to go, and some better items, and more mana. ill get there..

You can go sovereignity or Influence, that would be about it. Both are decent in their own right. I though prefer getting life or life/mana combo nodes instead. :)
Few ES items and high lvl clarity(don't have to use discipline then), and you can get 2/3k mana after reserve, with insane mana regen, for higher lvl AA and ton mitigation with MoM/Cloak. I believe this would be optimal in sense of high life pool variant...
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
(started writing this in the previous post but thought it should have it's own spot)

Anyhow now playing Dark Souls, and that game is right about all that's wrong with PoE atm. :p

GGG needs to up their game a bit, I've played this game religiously since October last year, but... invasion is a mess, new rogue exiles are just super dumb (I played last time since 1.1.2 came out)... exiles/invaders having unlimited spamming abilities for some OP skills. That's... just bravo.

Bosses like Vaal/Dominus are a fair deal, very tough, learn pattern, if there's no desync, you're good, even if having insane high dmg attacks (smash/touch of god), this... just ridicolous, there are just flat out things that you can't kill with a "viable" build, so you have to go out of your way, and sacrifice uniqueness of your character to be able to do so, or just run, or log-out... speaking of which, people are building now log-out viable chars... I mean, I hate path of life story all over again... this, same story... Great build for newcomers, fun, easy to play and strong... But, I'm forced to up my pool to the point I've lost interest in game.

My evasion based friend in invasion just ripped at lvl 80 to that Vaal RoA exile since (can't evade), just out of the blue. It's not fun having to wait a day or two or look online when new patches roll out for toning down difficulties hotfixes. :p Make a league, balance it... add only beneficial things, not insta-offscreen 1hk things that peeps aren't familiar with. :p

Wrong post to post this... but I'm atm mostly coming to this for helping friends, checking out forums... Want to play hc leagues, but this isn't that much fun... having fun atm with Dark Souls and Stick of Truth, would recommend. :)

Wanted to make another char, since I've finished my summoner and he's as strong and just tiny bit more pricey, base than this build... wanted to make melee, with Ratpiths, strides... lightning coil, purity lightning, clarity... anvil, high duration self cast IC. But... invasion isn't that amusing. Having played with two builds whose points were not to take any dmg, and seeing as almost no-one runs succsesfully melee in invasion, would hate to randomly rip to unfair circumstance after investing a lot of time in it. I mean proper melee, spec throw isn't melee as far as I'm concerned. Otherwise, I can always make evasion block build with daresso's courage and spec throw that allows me to log-out or surivive almost anything in invasoin. :p
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
Last edited by GoranH on Apr 14, 2014, 2:15:15 PM
"
GoranH wrote:
"
K0rrupted wrote:
I'm starting a3m, but I think I failed, I keep dying. :(

Maybe it's because I'm underleveled and undergeared though.

Rogue Exiles are HUGE problems for me.

Act 3 merciless is hard, last act in game. So I said in guide you need to try to gear yourself in a1m, but that's hc leagues. Anyhow... cap your res, up your chaos res to ~30% or more if you can. Get for a3m 3.5k HP, and get that mana regen going for totems and AA, you shouldn't have any problems.

You can link me your stats (HP/mana /mana regen/resistances and you gear) and I'll help ya. I doubt you failed. ;) Maybe a small fix is needed. And again, this build relies heavily on users staying out of danger, so you're not supposed to be near enemies, and cast your totems as far ahead as you can. heh

Anyhow, expect your reply, and have fun!
GoranH.

P.S. Buffed Rogue exiles are a pain now. :)

Ok, here goes:

Level:

Tree:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABLMFWxDMFE0WbxmFGjgabB8CJKoo-ilPKhMrtiynNsU26UGHRZ1G10rEVcZZ81orXcZgbXKpeGl6qoKbgseDOIdliPGLjIxGj0aQVZrgnC2dgJ2uogCj8qcIp4SnlKyqr7e1BLc-uJPAGsauz2XQ0NH92CTa3d3z4XPjauQi6hjr7uw47SDwH_au9zL4k_jr-ej-Cg==

Gear:

Spoiler

Stats:

Spoiler

Flame Totem Tooltip DPS: 901.5
Life: 2381
ES: 172
Armor: 662 (16% reduction)
Evasion: 947 (24% chance to evade)
Block Chance: 40%
Fire Resistance: 75% (116%)
Cold Resistance: 75% (90%)
Lightning Resistance: 75% (89%)
Chaos Resistance: -48% (-48%)

Oh, I use Flammability as my Curse, I just moved it out cause I was using Crest of Perandus to level one of my other dudes.
Last edited by K0rrupted on Apr 14, 2014, 4:42:04 PM
I'm wondering how cast speed on a wand or scepter works for totems. Does it affects speed placement only or am i missing something ?
I have these 2 wands and the tooltip shows a higher dps for the second one though the first one has better overall spell damage (with the +13% fire damage):

I don't know wich one is better or if the tooltip is accurate in that case.

"
Bolokk wrote:
I'm wondering how cast speed on a wand or scepter works for totems. Does it affects speed placement only or am i missing something ?
I have these 2 wands and the tooltip shows a higher dps for the second one though the first one has better overall spell damage (with the +13% fire damage):

I don't know wich one is better or if the tooltip is accurate in that case.

Cast Speed also affects the spells your totems cast. So does Increased Projectile Speed which you can roll on wands and some necks.
btw Will add in main at some point, but though I'd just here.

Good mechanics/items to use.

CWDT + Enduring + Immortal Call + Inc. Duration (possibly quality IC and Inc duration), if you aren't as careful, if are .

CWDT + Enduring + Inc. AoE + Enfeeble (or temp) and Immortal Call + Inc. Duration on Self cast.

Cloak of Defiance is a good alternative for huge mana shield type of mitigation, and some decent mana regen.

Also it's often overlooked, Ratpith's Globe is a... god-amazing shield, that and Stone of Lahzar... pff, some defense, can always add strides and grab few block nodes that are near. ;)

Just a thought for those willing to invest and go even more defensive....

Cheap alternative to all of the above, part from Immortal Call as phys defense. Daresso's Courage. ;)

Hope that helps, if it doesn't you may ask me about any of the above.
Haven't tested many gems as I haven't played. But Blind on totems should do very good, as Vaal Summon Skellies with something like inc. duration or chance to flee? Idk. :)

Have fun!
GoranH.
Hi!

Thanks a lot for this guide =) I just wanted to share my experience with it, having just played a character using your build. Unfortunately I RIP'd in Act 2 Merc. while farming Fellshrine, but completely my fault.

Anyways with this build, my personal opinion of it is that it starts out kind of slow and tedious (I picked Ice Nova... not sure if I should just pick ground slam + rush a1n to Ledge and skip Dweller/Tidal for later?). However, soon as I got flameblast all was well.

My main real issue is... how should I be dealing with armour/evasion/block? Are there certain targets I should aim for? I feel like throughout the entire leveling process, my AR/EV was always too low... white giant skellies in merciless ledge were hitting me for over 1.2k damage lol.

My gear:

A list of really useful or recommended uniques would be a cool addition :D Personally I found Geofri's to be invaluable, I always managed to keep my tooltip dps above your suggested values thanks to that helm alone.

I will be rerolling this build soon, maybe with more AR/EV and looking to try some more uniques (since they are easier to find than good rares :P). I'll post again if I can reach maps this time ^^

Also if anybody is curious how I died, I ran into Coniraya in Fellshrine at lvl 61, I was running away from his ROA shocking ground and he hit me with a puncture while I had a shock stack and was still in motion. Misclicked my staunching flask and died instantly, had 3400 hp at the time.

My stats were:
3384 hp, 77 all res, -23 chaos, ~650 tooltip DPS with GMP and ~930 tooltip DPS with LMP, around 500 Armour 500 EV
www.twitch.tv/atenpls

Standard - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/811535 | http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/803616
Been using this build as my 1st character and gotta say it's great. Currently in merc lvl73 using a mf build to farm....currency for better stuffs.

After playing this build for a while, I find the lack of armor worrying. I'm taking loads of damage from mobs even with maxed resists and aa.

I'm thinking of respecting into mom and probably iron reflexes since it's so near. This would widen the amount of gear we can use as well as better synergy with aa.

Also, since I find that sometimes when there are huge amount of mobs, the totems die RIGHT after they are summoned. I find that using trap + multi trap + ele prolife + cold snaps helps ALOT. This basically means that you almost always freeze a group of mobs allowing you some time to cast your flame totem + curse.

What do you think?
Last edited by shiro_yami on Apr 20, 2014, 8:36:40 AM
Enjoying the build and playstyle so much, it's all I play now. Thank you again for sharing. Quick question....both choices cost the same 4 passive points. Which would be best for this build 1) 9 % increased cast speed 2) 42 % increased FIRE damage. From what I understand, cast speed helps with both placement and totem dps, so I'm not 100 % sure. Thank you again.
"
Townnoob23 wrote:
Enjoying the build and playstyle so much, it's all I play now. Thank you again for sharing. Quick question....both choices cost the same 4 passive points. Which would be best for this build 1) 9 % increased cast speed 2) 42 % increased FIRE damage. From what I understand, cast speed helps with both placement and totem dps, so I'm not 100 % sure. Thank you again.

Cast speed helps little with placement, some with dmg, and for me I like it more for Light warp. heh so 42% inc. fire should be a better investment.

Hope that helps,
GoranH.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info