[1.2.0] Rampage/Beyond - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / hc tested)

"
K0rrupted wrote:

Gear:

Spoiler

Stats:

Spoiler

Flame Totem Tooltip DPS: 901.5
Life: 2381
ES: 172
Armor: 662 (16% reduction)
Evasion: 947 (24% chance to evade)
Block Chance: 40%
Fire Resistance: 75% (116%)
Cold Resistance: 75% (90%)
Lightning Resistance: 75% (89%)
Chaos Resistance: -48% (-48%)

Oh, I use Flammability as my Curse, I just moved it out cause I was using Crest of Perandus to level one of my other dudes.

Tree is good, about gear. You could easily get 1k more life, just off the gear. Try getting ~80+ life on all the gear pieces on which it can roll, it's that important. If in merciless, you need that chaos res, try getting close -20 or higher if you can. If you got resistance problems, consider getting Aurumvorax as a weapon (yeah it'll be a debuff in rarity and dmg, but your res should be fine), or goldwyrm which is you just don't get life on the helm.

And I forgot which league, but if HC league I suggest respeccing out of Ironwood nodes and heading EB, and grabbing those witch life/mana nodes in next few levels. :)

That's about it, and you'll be good. If you get EB and some mana regen, you could run purity of elements as well, or purity of X element if you're lacking specific one.
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
"
vXz wrote:

My main real issue is... how should I be dealing with armour/evasion/block? Are there certain targets I should aim for? I feel like throughout the entire leveling process, my AR/EV was always too low... white giant skellies in merciless ledge were hitting me for over 1.2k damage lol.

A list of really useful or recommended uniques would be a cool addition :D Personally I found Geofri's to be invaluable, I always managed to keep my tooltip dps above your suggested values thanks to that helm alone.

I didn't focus on it, and for me lack of armor/eva wasn't a problem for me in itself. Desync was, as the point is you can pretty much stay far away just chilling 95%+ of time.

About uniques, geofri's crest is a very very good unique as a 4L, which is what most people use, especially since +1 gems AND chaos res. Forgot about it tbh. Apart from it, read few posts above where I talk about bit more "pricey" uniques such as Ratpith's, Cloak of Defiance, strides etc. as a defensive options. Even Daresso's will provide great resistance, decent block and capped spellblock on low-life which is important for fast attacking spell bosses, which are most of 'em.

For physical ones, CWDT setup... or CWDT with Enfeeble and Enduring inc AoE, and IC + Inc.duration on self-cast, and even another enduring.

Post on main is the basic strongshell, which is easy and simple enough for almost everyone to use, and pretty good in it's own especially for the ammount of currency invested. Now I plan on broading it, and adding advanced tactics and items for those willing to further improve upon this imo already awesome build (basing on purely amazing feedback from people all over :D ).

Anyhow, thanks a bunch for feedback!

Have fun!
GoranH.

P.S. Also those were pretty good stats when you ripped. :)
Unfortunatelly basic form has to be played carefully, with invasion bosses around, especially since they're not set in stone, but random to area, or semi-random. And the RoA invader is very very strong, especially if he catches you off-guard... and that puncture... ggg. Well at least I hoped you had fun with it. :D
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
"
shiro_yami wrote:
Been using this build as my 1st character and gotta say it's great. Currently in merc lvl73 using a mf build to farm....currency for better stuffs.

After playing this build for a while, I find the lack of armor worrying. I'm taking loads of damage from mobs even with maxed resists and aa.

I'm thinking of respecting into mom and probably iron reflexes since it's so near. This would widen the amount of gear we can use as well as better synergy with aa.

Also, since I find that sometimes when there are huge amount of mobs, the totems die RIGHT after they are summoned. I find that using trap + multi trap + ele prolife + cold snaps helps ALOT. This basically means that you almost always freeze a group of mobs allowing you some time to cast your flame totem + curse.

What do you think?

Yeah I used the trap setup with cold snap as well at a point... with some mobs, helped during the level somewhat. But after I just reposition myself back, and put totem apart and away from mobs, and use searing if needed (for thorns). You can also use a decoy + flame/searing. You can make a strong decoy totem that'll allow for enough time for your dmg totem to act. :) And can use temp/enf as well.

About that. You can try and find +1 to levels and +2 to cold gems (believe since AA is dex gem/cold), that'll give you +3 to AA level, if you got mana to support it. Cloak of Defiance is another option, and if you need spellblock, cheap way is daresso's courage... somewhat pricier is Rathpith's Globe + Lahzar ammy, for capped spellblock.

Above I discussed good option for disregarding lack of armor... with self-cast Immortal Call.

Read on previous page, about couple of good uniques and cwdt setups etc. and some on the previous post I believe. :) All can be improved upon if needed. ;)

Also for me at least Cloak of Defiance is a far superior option to MoM route. Just me.
ok so heres my thoughts on the build, i followed it to the tee every aspect i was playing invasion so i followed that tree path. i really enjoyed it, it was a safe way to play get some currency up and not be bored at the same time.

unfortunately i just reeeped at lvl 55 farming ledge of all freaking places it had to be ledge to guardian of the mound from his flame totem i kinda cornered myself and i didnt see him cast the totem down really annoyed

anyway so lvl 55 is my highest in invasion league so i thank you for this guide it was very helpful =D
Hi,

first of all, i would like to thank goranh for the build and the guide. Because this was my first build it really help me to understand game physics. I'm playing softcore and really enjoying it. (tried invasion for about 3-4 hours leveled up a lvl 30 than due to server crash ripped so never again, soft ftw!)

equip that I'm using right now:
Spoiler

Right now I'm doing maps and so far no problem at all :) (map lvl 70-72).
stats:
4.1k life
elemental resistances capped, chaos 34%
+MoM and AA almost feel indestructible
Any suggestions will be welcome. Those skeletons, that i'm using, I've found incredibly handy while overcrowded or during some boss fights mainly those with flicker strike in early end game.

I have some questions about talent tree and equip. Why you didn't pickup 2 nodes +16% spell dmg near witch start. I think they are much more useful than 8% totem dmg nodes.

Second question: what you think about infernal mantle it can significantly increase dmg and if you would be able to make it 5l or 6l it could be very powerful in my opinion.

And last one: Why don't use staff (5l, 6l) +2 fire level gems +100% spell dmg, it will make your flame totems do much more dmg than one hand + shield, + increase totem life.
Last edited by Proximi on Apr 22, 2014, 7:35:31 PM
ok so i have come back to this build after a short break and im currently low lvl still lvling flameblast till i hit totem, once i hit totem should i put a point into ancestral bond and go the same way i went with 2 flame totems or lvl with flame totem searing bond? or flame totem decoy? or even keep flameblast and flame totem? previously i was doing just dual flame totem and had vaal summon skelly's whenever a invader or on a boss fight and it worked great if i had enough souls to pop it.

just wanna try and hit maps this time

thx for the imput in advance!!!
"
Ichigo_333 wrote:
ok so i have come back to this build after a short break and im currently low lvl still lvling flameblast till i hit totem, once i hit totem should i put a point into ancestral bond and go the same way i went with 2 flame totems or lvl with flame totem searing bond? or flame totem decoy? or even keep flameblast and flame totem? previously i was doing just dual flame totem and had vaal summon skelly's whenever a invader or on a boss fight and it worked great if i had enough souls to pop it.

just wanna try and hit maps this time

thx for the imput in advance!!!

I think it doesn't matter much, personally I leveled with Searing bond + flameblast to beat normal. Flame blast is too good for normal. Then when stuff starts easier in cruel I start with ancestral bond + flame totems. Get to totem survivability nodes as you go through cruel. There will be a span of time where totems aren't yet very tough (barracks, docks in act3 cruel let's say, totems can get eaten quickly there) but it's all very managable, mostly because the totem damage is very big.
@GoranH If I am not mistaken, increased area of effect does not work with flame totem (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Area_of_effect). But faster projectiles does and gives it more range, so that's a great support gem for it as well. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Just want to thank GoranH again for a great guide. This is the only character I play now....that's how much I enjoy it. For a new player like myself, this guide was a game saver. It helped me understand the basics of the game, while making progress. I now feel more qualified to make new and different builds and experiment. This game is hard enough with all the issues ( lag, poor fps, desync, etc.) , this guide has made it enjoyable. Thank you again GoranH for your continued efforts and updates.
"
Ichigo_333 wrote:
ok so heres my thoughts on the build, i followed it to the tee every aspect i was playing invasion so i followed that tree path. i really enjoyed it, it was a safe way to play get some currency up and not be bored at the same time.

unfortunately i just reeeped at lvl 55 farming ledge of all freaking places it had to be ledge to guardian of the mound from his flame totem i kinda cornered myself and i didnt see him cast the totem down really annoyed

anyway so lvl 55 is my highest in invasion league so i thank you for this guide it was very helpful =D

Glad to hear you've enjoyed the build... sorry to hear about the rip, ledge is not the place for me to level in invasion league, I favored Docks/Fellshrine.

"
Proximi wrote:
Hi,

first of all, i would like to thank goranh for the build and the guide. Because this was my first build it really help me to understand game physics. I'm playing softcore and really enjoying it. (tried invasion for about 3-4 hours leveled up a lvl 30 than due to server crash ripped so never again, soft ftw!)

I have some questions about talent tree and equip. Why you didn't pickup 2 nodes +16% spell dmg near witch start. I think they are much more useful than 8% totem dmg nodes.

Second question: what you think about infernal mantle it can significantly increase dmg and if you would be able to make it 5l or 6l it could be very powerful in my opinion.

And last one: Why don't use staff (5l, 6l) +2 fire level gems +100% spell dmg, it will make your flame totems do much more dmg than one hand + shield, + increase totem life.

You're welcome! Keep having fun. :)
I didn't pick up 16% spell nodes because I wasn't looking for dmg. :)
They're very good, but that's why I haven't pikced up totem dmg nodes, nor fire dmg nodes. If playing ambush, go crazy! :D

About gear, again I play defensively, always, so wand/sceptre + shield beats staff for me no brain. Staff offers option for 5L/6L, but really, this build only needs a 4L and 5L/6L is easier/better on chest. As for +2 to fire gems, wands/sceptre can roll that as well, and as for 100% spell dmg, Wand + Shield can beat that easier I might add ,while adding block chance, life and resist from a shield, as you know shields can roll spell dmg. :)

EDIT: Yes, you CAN do a 5L/6L on a staff... but unless planning on something like fire trap build, that +2 to fire gems doesn't quite make up for it, and dmg wise you can come close to it with a wand and shield... even without that +2, and... if you got mana regen, why not have +3 to lvl of AA :D (+1 and +2 to cold gems wand with mana regen and spell dmg ) :D

EDIT2: Read a couple of my earlier posts, I mention some uniques, gems like blind etc. that could be useful before I make an addition to the main page.
Last edited by GoranH on Apr 23, 2014, 7:38:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info