[1.2.0] Rampage/Beyond - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / hc tested)

"
toDie4 wrote:
Many thanks for your great guide! I just arrived at act 2 merci @ Lvl 61 in invasion league.

Now first things first... do you want to farm maps for exp or for loot, if for loot... you can be MF'r for something like Merv runs for quite a while. If for exp, fellshrine until you get sick of it, docks > catacombs (be careful about frostbite curse/ice res theere), or even just do lunaris 3 runs (without piety) for exp.

As for defences, you defense besides totems aggroing mobs, are high base life and AA. Build shines in groups, because of playstyle. Which isn't amongst the bravest to put it nicely, the more meatshields the safer you are... like if you're in party with a summoner, that's a bingo. heh

About getting one shotted... well that's where life stacking comes in, unfortunately I feel that big problem in PoE is spike dmg, which forces every player to stack their life pool (be it HP or ES or hybrid).

So, I think HP pool should be higher, buy some items from poexyz for chaos or two... if/when you can. Also I feel you overleved you CWDT, but that's up to you... not too bad, but yeah, also try adding Increased duration there. ;)

As a side joke (partially) if playing in group with a friend and he asks you what your defences are you say the above... and you (reffering to him as a meatbag) heh

Anyhow, get quality insta-heal flasks, granite / quicksilver with remove curse...

Here's my gear atm at 72 and passive tree (I'll spec out of Scion life wheel a bit later on).

Spoiler

[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
"
GoranH wrote:

Now first things first... do you want to farm maps for exp or for loot, ....

Thanks for quick and detailed answer! ;)

Farming maps is mainly to be able to play with some mates again, since they outleveled me quite a bit (~lvl 70+). Of course my current plan is to farm Fellshrines until lvl 64-66 and then finishing act 2. During this time I also definetely want to increase my life to 3k+ by upgrading some gear - shouldn't be too difficult because my res are >75% so I can focus on life.

Well my mate isn't really a meatbag ;) He is also playing a templar with a totem build and has 3.6k combined HP+ES plus 6k armour (~50% I believe).

For CWDT I don't really know how far to level it - I stopped when it was close to 50% HP so it could trigger twice in theory. How far would you level it?

And regarding AA... I don't know, and it's probably a bit offtopic, but personally I think it's great for fighting mobs - but bosses? Don't they just lough about -14 dmg reduction?
"
toDie4 wrote:
Well my mate isn't really a meatbag ;) He is also playing a templar with a totem build and has 3.6k combined HP+ES plus 6k armour (~50% I believe).

For CWDT I don't really know how far to level it - I stopped when it was close to 50% HP so it could trigger twice in theory. How far would you level it?

And regarding AA... I don't know, and it's probably a bit offtopic, but personally I think it's great for fighting mobs - but bosses? Don't they just lough about -14 dmg reduction?

Regarding AA, some bosses like Voidbearers, firestorm guys, lizzards etc. don't mind something like -120 dmg per hit. ;) (lvl 16 AA). And where armor is concerned that 6k value is also "laughable" for bosses, as that's why I didn't focus on armor, it means nothing for bigger hits, and for smaller hits I prefer AA.

I leveled mine to lvl 3, I suggest you use some scouring orbs on your CWDT since it's cheaper than getting a new one. And level other appropriatelly (Enduring Cry lvl 6, Immortal call lvl 5 in my case). As for immortal call/enduring, getting new lvl 1's is easier. You want it to trigger at first sign of major dmg not when you're half dead.

Thing about armour, is it doesn't work like that... you don't get direct 50% reduction in dmg. There's a formula involved, but basic gist of it is... lower hits, armor does the job great, big hits... armor is useless, unless ridicolous ammounts.

Like now I'm playing a bit with CI Aegis Aurora build in standard.... and got 15k armor I think, trash mob just scratches me, but when something like Kole/Vaal lands a hit... it still hits for a truckload. Will need to get that to like 40k+ to get something like 30% mitigation, and with jade flasks to 80-90k to get 50%. Yeah... Otherwise, Armour... again if close and in person, it's ok to reduce your dmg as much as possible, if far away... you just need to care about big hits, and projectiles (AA). And not getting swarmed by enemies.
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
Last edited by GoranH on Mar 26, 2014, 1:59:31 AM
Well here we go! I ripped at Level 73 on Sunday with this build. Because of a stupid mistake i made. Nedless to say this build is awesome. I just started a new character looking to dual flame totem again.

You can map with this build pretty well. It was my first time and i played very careful but i cleaned every map i've done.

I focused my build more on armor and Determination + Reduced Mana + Clarity. I also tried to build a good Dexterity Value to level my LMP a little. My Tooltip DPS on my Flame Totem was 2,2k DPS.

Here is my gear with my ripped templar. I just can say i really want to get higher again with this and will post when i reached level 75!

Spoiler

/ Vaal Summon Skeleton helped alot against map bosses and invasion bosses.

Life ~ 4k
Mana ~ 1k
~ yo
Last edited by davewoody on Mar 26, 2014, 10:59:58 AM
is this a good build for mfing? if so what gear would I switch out ?
This build is really good. I have not used the full of this build cause I wanted to build one that would work more in invasion endgame. Im currently level 82 doing 70 maps and it's working out super great. I have both a mf set and normal set ( 260 IIR atm ) and 4.8k hp.

This is my normal gear.

Spoiler

And for people that wants to see the mf set:

Spoiler

And for the people who is interested to know: I only use the mf set for partying with my guildies. Links with flame totem is: Flame totem - gmp - culling strike - item rarity and faster casting ( Urgh.. the totems fly up too slow without one )
Ingame Name: Cooderix
Last edited by Znoodie on Mar 27, 2014, 6:24:19 AM
By the way, what gems would you quality up first do you think GoranH?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAuMEswVbB2MI9BDMFE0VUBZvGYUaOBpsHwIkPCSqJ6ko-ilPKhMrtiycLKctHzGIMZ4y0TbFNuk64UGHRKtFnUbXSRtJUUmyTeNVrlXGVytZ81orWm1dxmBta9ttGXNTeQN6qn5Zf8aCHoKbgseDOIdliPGLjIxGj0aPppBVmuCcLZ2Ana6iAKKjo_KmV6cIp1ynhK-3tQS3PriTwBrAVMHzxq7PZdDQ2CTa3dsL3fPhc-Nq5CLr7uw47SDwH_JF8934k_no_gr-jw==
Ingame Name: Cooderix
Last edited by Znoodie on Mar 27, 2014, 6:42:32 AM
"
GoranH wrote:
Regarding AA, some bosses like Voidbearers, firestorm guys, lizzards etc. don't mind something like -120 dmg per hit. ;) (lvl 16 AA). And where armor is concerned that 6k value is also "laughable" for bosses, as that's why I didn't focus on armor, it means nothing for bigger hits, and for smaller hits I prefer AA.

While I am not so fond of armor because of how it works, it is not as "bad" as you say. By my calculation level 20 AA (-189 dmg per hit) is better than 6k armor for hits doing below ~300 dmg. With level 16 AA below ~160 dmg (in both cases I assumed 0 armor for AA user). AA is great for fire damage reduction though.
I think overall idea behind armor was that it shouldn't make boss too easy (reducing that 3k dmg hit by 50% with easily attainable armor), while not making smaller amount of armor completely useless for large pack of/fast hitting mobs (having to stack 10k armor to reduce that 100 dmg hit by more than 20 dmg).
"
GoranH wrote:
Like now I'm playing a bit with CI Aegis Aurora build in standard.... and got 15k armor I think, trash mob just scratches me, but when something like Kole/Vaal lands a hit... it still hits for a truckload. Will need to get that to like 40k+ to get something like 30% mitigation, and with jade flasks to 80-90k to get 50%. Yeah... Otherwise, Armour... again if close and in person, it's ok to reduce your dmg as much as possible, if far away... you just need to care about big hits, and projectiles (AA). And not getting swarmed by enemies.

You're quite exaggerating here, 40k armor reduces ~7,8 dmg by 30%, hit that hard would kill most players (before reductions). Just nitpicking here but you probably meant Granite Flask (Jade is evasion one).
In overall, people should remember that if you don't want to stack ridiculous amount of armor, you shouldn't consider it a mechanic for "tanking", but rather "keeping you alive".
Last edited by Ninurto on Mar 27, 2014, 9:06:39 AM
Just finished cruel, and i must say that so far, this has been almost facerolling everything, it's so fun!
Im lvl 67 atm, just farming marveil for a while.

1º Do you think those +1max curse boots are worth? so u can use flam+proj weakness for example, or its overkill?

2º Why its better gmp over lmp? faster mob clearing? (testing gmp, it spread more fire,also testing faster projectiles and i love it, now i can relax and dont need to spam totems near ranged mob or bosses, sometimes risking my life)

3º I bought cheap some armors, and im still considering the options what do u think about each one? How the hell can i drag my gear here? been trying without success

4º And about build, one of your final build (the one in the witch area) seems a bit of, for example if u dont go to those hp+str nodes, and instead go to scion big hp node and u will have exacly the same hp pool+Path of the warrior node, wich would be way better, costing same skill points. The other final build looks more appealing, with nice hp boost, some max res nodes.
I tested that one and compared to this one:

With yours:
+64 to Dexterity
+275 to Intelligence
+197.5 to maximum Mana
+208.5 to maximum Life
Evasion Rating: 53
160% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
54% increased Elemental Damage
+22% to all Elemental Resistances
52% increased maximum Mana
14% increased Cast Speed
7% reduced Mana Cost of Skills
240% increased maximum Life
+3% to maximum Fire Resistance
+4% to maximum Cold Resistance
+4% to maximum Lightning Resistance
3% increased Effect of Buffs on You
39% increased Fire Damage
+12% to Chaos Resistance
14% increased Casting Speed for Summoning Totems
3% of Life Regenerated per Second
+15% to Fire Resistance
28% increased Totem Life
25% increased Totem Duration
Can summon up to 1 additional totem
You can't deal Damage with your Skills yourself
22% increased Totem Damage
Totems have 6% additional Physical Damage Reduction
Totems gain +10% to all Elemental Resistances
20% increased Elemental Damage with Spells
Minions have 10% increased maximum Life
Minions deal 15% increased Damage
+1 to Maximum number of Zombies
+2 to Maximum number of Skeletons
30% increased Spell Damage
Converts all Energy Shield to Mana
18% increased Armour
15% increased Life Recovery from Flasks
+8% to Cold Resistance
+8% to Lightning Resistance
+55% Energy Shield
+38.6% increased Melee Physical Damage
+128 Accuracy Rating
12.8% increased Evasion Rating

With mine(using 6 more skill points):
+143 to Strength
+174 to Dexterity
+285 to Intelligence
+202.5 to maximum Mana
+153.5 to maximum Life
Evasion Rating: 53
200% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
54% increased Elemental Damage
+34% to all Elemental Resistances
76% increased maximum Mana
6% increased Cast Speed
7% reduced Mana Cost of Skills
220% increased maximum Life
+2% to maximum Fire Resistance
+2% to maximum Cold Resistance
+2% to maximum Lightning Resistance
3% increased Effect of Buffs on You
23% increased Fire Damage
+12% to Chaos Resistance
44% increased Casting Speed for Summoning Totems
2.5% of Life Regenerated per Second
+15% to Fire Resistance
40% increased Totem Life
40% increased Totem Duration
Can summon up to 1 additional totem
You can't deal Damage with your Skills yourself
30% increased effect of Flasks
22% increased Totem Damage
Totems have 6% additional Physical Damage Reduction
Converts all Energy Shield to Mana
Totems gain +10% to all Elemental Resistances
24% increased Evasion Rating and Armour
84.8% increased Evasion Rating
When Hit, 30% of Damage is taken from Mana before Life
Spells Cast by Totems have 4% increased Cast Speed
Attacks used by Totems have 6% increased Attack Speed
+57% Energy Shield
+28.6% increased Melee Physical Damage
+348 Accuracy Rating

So in the end, u gain more hp, more spell dmg, +2 max res, a bit of armor boost, some casting speed. I gain more mana regen, more ele res, 110 dex, more healthy and faster totems, big eva boost, Mind over matter node, 15% all flask improv.
What do u think?
Last edited by sirdaxman on Mar 27, 2014, 9:32:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info