[1.2.0] Rampage/Beyond - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / hc tested)

A few things in your comparison are off (for example: I see only 8% chaos resistance with your build, and GoranH build has more totem damage), but setting this aside your option looks quite interesting. Personally, I think that you sacrifice too much for Mind Over Matter, but that's just an opinion.
On a side note, Option 1 is better if you go for Shadow starting area and get +12% life nodes (as said ealier in this topic), you can get +266% increased maximum life, and 220% mana regeneration if you take two mana regen nodes in the mana/life circle.
"
Ninurto wrote:
You're quite exaggerating here, 40k armor reduces ~7,8 dmg by 30%, hit that hard would kill most players (before reductions). Just nitpicking here but you probably meant Granite Flask (Jade is evasion one).
In overall, people should remember that if you don't want to stack ridiculous amount of armor, you shouldn't consider it a mechanic for "tanking", but rather "keeping you alive".

I meant jade, because Iron Reflexes.... Anyhow, some ammount of armor helps, shouldn't be focused on, hence why I haven't mentioned it. In invasion, either spells will kill you, or just some 1/2 shot invader... (being overconfident too, underestimating thigns etc)
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
"
davewoody wrote:
Well here we go! I ripped at Level 73 on Sunday with this build. Because of a stupid mistake i made. Nedless to say this build is awesome. I just started a new character looking to dual flame totem again.

You can map with this build pretty well. It was my first time and i played very careful but i cleaned every map i've done.

I focused my build more on armor and Determination + Reduced Mana + Clarity. I also tried to build a good Dexterity Value to level my LMP a little. My Tooltip DPS on my Flame Totem was 2,2k DPS.

Here is my gear with my ripped templar. I just can say i really want to get higher again with this and will post when i reached level 75!

Spoiler

/ Vaal Summon Skeleton helped alot against map bosses and invasion bosses.

Life ~ 4k
Mana ~ 1k

Thx for sharing Dave, it's appreciated... that's a nice tooltip dps. ;)
I love about the build that it teaches people to play careful, and asses the threat to a point, and be aware of surrounding and positioning as they can't attack themselves. It's an experience. :)

Take care and have fun,
GoranH.
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
"
kenx wrote:
is this a good build for mfing? if so what gear would I switch out ?

Znoodie answered it greatly bellow your post. ;)
Pretty much just add cull/IIR gem. ;)

"
ThaKeeper wrote:
Just finished cruel, and i must say that so far, this has been almost facerolling everything, it's so fun!

I'm so glad! heh Well as I like to say, if you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.
Keep at it and stay safe.
Last edited by GoranH on Mar 27, 2014, 12:34:56 PM
"
sirdaxman wrote:
Im lvl 67 atm, just farming marveil for a while.

1º Do you think those +1max curse boots are worth? so u can use flam+proj weakness for example, or its overkill?

2º Why its better gmp over lmp? faster mob clearing? (testing gmp, it spread more fire,also testing faster projectiles and i love it, now i can relax and dont need to spam totems near ranged mob or bosses, sometimes risking my life)

3º I bought cheap some armors, and im still considering the options what do u think about each one? How the hell can i drag my gear here? been trying without success

4º And about build, one of your final build (the one in the witch area) seems a bit of, for example if u dont go to those hp+str nodes, and instead go to scion big hp node and u will have exacly the same hp pool+Path of the warrior node, wich would be way better, costing same skill points. The other final build looks more appealing, with nice hp boost, some max res nodes.
I tested that one and compared to this one:

Sorry couldn't bear to read the statistics, but thanks for pointing out differences. And to address your points..

1* I feel that's an overkill, if you happen to rip and decide to continue in standard (jk).. Anyhow, few totems nodes and dual -fire res on monsters.... serious dmg. :)

2* More mobs hit, and when shotgunning more dmg. I'll test faster proj when I get time. ;)
Also Karui ward for cheap leveling unique

3* See logo on forum, on left side there's your char... click it, and when your inv screen opens just click gear to link it here.

4*I'll make an additional option for MoM users costing least points possible (kinda point with hc builds).

MoM route is a valid choice, but like this. No Evasion nodes, mana geyser (without IR too :p)
And skip those nodes left of MoM, and get 4 8% life nodes from the "road" to MoM. Will add it as option to progress tree for base MoM version of build.

EDIT: I feel that flasks nodes are understimated often, so that's good and reduced number of points used, even if it lowers dmg by a bit. Is a very good approach, and valid alternative.
Last edited by GoranH on Mar 27, 2014, 12:48:22 PM
Alright, after trying some other builds I decided to run this build AGAIN because it was a breeze until I ripped at that flameblast thingy... Will see how far I can get this time :D

What do you think about getting Soul Mantle unique later on? 3 Totems might be cool^^
Last edited by korzasa on Mar 27, 2014, 2:34:42 PM
On a dual curse note, I would take it for enfeeble/temporal chains for ridiculously hard/fast hitting bosses (I hate Shrapnelbearer - Vaal Construct boss), though I don't know whether it is worth anything.
Well if you have IR then Jade Flask make sense, my bad. In overall with this build one shouldn't focus on armor, if someone want more "tanky" build, then high armor/life regen and totem on blood magic is an option. With EB build small amount of armor and endurance charges for reduction are worth considering (small amount of armor, because generally endurance charges work better if you have more reduction).
"
korzasa wrote:
What do you think about getting Soul Mantle unique later on? 3 Totems might be cool^^

It's a nice armor, though random curse may hurt. Maybe this is me playing wrong, but my totem tends to die really fast to mages (I don't have Totem Resistance gem linked, so that may be biggest problem), but the nice thing about this build is that even with 400 mana (rest is reserved by 3 auras) I can just stand and spam totems endlessly (I have somewhere around 200 mana regen).
Last edited by Ninurto on Mar 27, 2014, 3:32:33 PM
Just starting ac3 Merc, so far strongest build i ever had.
Well, this is my current gear, 77% res on all and 49% on chaos with all these:

Got better stuff but some needs to be until i get higher dex and more
too risky just for the iir?

Should i use increased durantion instead of frost wall con the cwdt? so far its been nice to push back some melees and some ranged, gives some breathe in some sutations. I would remove faster projectiles if i find a good weapon with some proj speed mod on it, and replace it with faster casting or added chaos. Testing vaal summon and so far its nice for boss encounters, but u know, if the boss is hard so u need that mob, they will die fast anyway so not that great, just another panic button so they can agro a bit. Will replace purity of elements as soon i can max res without it and add es aura. Or maybe just add es aura and make a 4L with all those. So far having trouble with AA so im afraid of upping it too much, maybe when i get to EB node then..
Last edited by sirdaxman on Mar 27, 2014, 11:57:27 PM
That's some nice eq you have.
Vaal Skeletons were never meant to tank big bosses through whole fight (they tanked about 3/4 Marveil first form on merc though), but they are quite good for taking fire from Vaal Overlord adds for example. Anyway, that's skill gem that works decently by itself (doesn't need any supports), if you don't have enough space for it, you can throw it, but otherwise I can't see a reason why not to use it.
AA is helpful with this chilled ground thingy, it can slow melees chasing you, so even low level is useful, in overall as GoranH said you should keep AA whole mana degen (that is standing + running) below yours mana regen.
On a discipline note, it depends on how much mana and ES equip you have, but it can even allow you to run on 3 auras (I am running Discipline/Clarity/Purity of Elements) and supporting your regen to the point where even laughable amount of mana left after reservation would be enough to safely spam all spells. EE in overall can more than double your max mana.
Hi GoranH!

I've been playing this build up to merc now, and I just wanted to give you some feedback about my experience.

First of all, thank you very much for making such a detailed guide for people who haven't played that much. I personally found your guide very helpful!

I had problems with pretty much the exact areas you said I would...mainly those thorns in battlefront and barracks. Other than that it has been smooth sailing so far. I was lucky enough to find a 5link, so I've been running Flame Totem + GMP + Fire Penetration + Added Chaos Dmg + Reduced mana. So no problems with mana so far!

I'm playing Ambush league, and I wanted to let you know that this build works well in it. Strongboxes have been really easy, I like to place a totem on both sides of the box, click it open and Lighning warp myself out of harms way.

My problem at the moment is that I have shitty gear, so I have to work on that to get more mana and resists. But overall I've been very pleased with this build, and I've enjoyed playing it a lot.

Thanks again for doing this for us noobs! And keep up the good work you've been doing!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info