[1.2.0] Rampage/Beyond - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / hc tested)

GREAT BUILD! nice UPDATES!

LEVEL 40 and GOING!

TOTEMS ARE SO CHEAP! LOL
Ripped at lvl 48 in a 4 extra projectile corrupted zone. One shot by goofy boss. Got cocky with damage. My own fault lol. Starting over! I love that this is a cheap build so no worries if you RIP!
Lvl 69 right now in ambush league, having major problems surviving, even at lvl 67 maps. 2,7k hp.

Starting to think it's too squishy, not getting any damage migtation at all so how am i supposed to resolve that?

edit: the dps is very good

Thanks
IGN: Bond_SearBond
Last edited by strongbong on Mar 16, 2014, 7:33:12 PM
What an epic guide always up2date! I just reached Act 3 Cruel with this build ! Just got some armour issues but totaly fine until now!
~ yo
"
Galvanized84 wrote:
GREAT BUILD! nice UPDATES!

LEVEL 40 and GOING!

TOTEMS ARE SO CHEAP! LOL

Glad to hear that, yes... luckily they are replacable, don't feel the pain.

"
Tynie wrote:
Ripped at lvl 48 in a 4 extra projectile corrupted zone. One shot by goofy boss. Got cocky with damage. My own fault lol. Starting over! I love that this is a cheap build so no worries if you RIP!

So sorry to hear that! Yes good thing is, during leveling stages you waste pretty much nothing... end-game, well when you start investing in your gear it will hurt. But luckily apart from 5L, not much is needed, as there aren't any required uniques so you can cap your res as easy as it gets.

Yeah I mentioned few times, learn the map mods before doing them... I've spent my fair share of mapping in standard, so I know every mob/mod and map combination pretty much, even so I'm unaware of combinations that invasion brings, so if mods are nasty I skip, and even if they aren't... sometimes (or often) I skip.. rewards IMO aren't that good as of yet, just Vaal gems or the piece of map from what I've gotten so far. Lastly you can always come to a lower area overleved, and just run around till you find these corrupted and do them afterwards.

In invasion, focus is on danger, caution and team play. So many invaders that benefit from party play, and in general game is kinda based around that... and if solo, that grim feeling "you're on your own... danger always lurks around" loving it!

P.S. 4 Extra projectiles (without very high lvl AA) is a no go. heh

"
strongbong wrote:
Lvl 69 right now in ambush league, having major problems surviving, even at lvl 67 maps. 2,7k hp.

Starting to think it's too squishy, not getting any damage migtation at all so how am i supposed to resolve that?

edit: the dps is very good

Thanks

Get more life (on gear/tree), fix your flasks(lvl 53/60 20q), and play more carefully/strategically, level that AA. That's about it.
I'm lvl 66 and have 3.7k life. Didn't level past the point of the final guide... didn't have problems really so far. Point of the build is for you to be away of the dmg source as often as you can... if you're getting close to monsters you're doing it wrong. And defenses are your high life to take care of big monster hits that get to your from time to time.

For me atm, it's two insta heal flasks with remove bleed, one sanctified long heal... Quicksilver with extra charge and additional movement speed, and on 5th spot, it's switch of Granite and res flasks.

"
davewoody wrote:
What an epic guide always up2date! I just reached Act 3 Cruel with this build ! Just got some armour issues but totaly fine until now!

Congratulations on reaching Act 3 Cruel. Hope you get those fixed. And keep having fun!
-GoranH
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
Oh and if somebody interested in my equip at cruel act 3 :

Spoiler

Armour :683
Resis: 75% all
Tooltip DPS of Flame Totem: 492,4 DPS

Still pretty scared of the Invasion Bosses...
~ yo
@Goran,

Thanks for the tips! Unfortunately I'd like to keep the Crit chance nodes to increase odds of my Ice Spear critting and freezing, but will respec out of the reserved and reduced mana nodes as you suggest.

In all seriousness please contact me when you join Ambush as I got various leveling gear, gems etc you can have. I saved this crap to level a 2nd toon, but it looks unlikely now as IRL I'm going to get very busy shortly. Also any gear in my shop you can have--it's all crap anyways, I haven't done maps in Ambush yet.

Cheers!

[edit] and thanks for flask suggestion, I just alted a pair :)
Last edited by crushkyle on Mar 16, 2014, 10:35:13 PM
are you ever gonna continue leveling your invasion character?
"
davewoody wrote:
Oh and if somebody interested in my equip at cruel act 3 :

Spoiler

Armour :683
Resis: 75% all
Tooltip DPS of Flame Totem: 492,4 DPS

Still pretty scared of the Invasion Bosses...

Yes, that was the intent of this league.

I believe once Chris said... I want to make a league where you'll die as soon as you walk out of Lioneye's Watch. This is the closest to it that he's got to.
You still haven't said how much HP, as armour isn't that important for big hits.

And yes, I atm am not scared of Invasion bosses as I feel my flasks are decent, and my hp base is pretty good too, but that's the thing that killed peeps here throughout the thread, feeling "safe", and build strength relies on player being careful regardless. :)
(Actually nasty corrupted areas being underestimated it seems)

"
crushkyle wrote:
@Goran,

Thanks for the tips! Unfortunately I'd like to keep the Crit chance nodes to increase odds of my Ice Spear critting and freezing, but will respec out of the reserved and reduced mana nodes as you suggest.

In all seriousness please contact me when you join Ambush as I got various leveling gear, gems etc you can have. I saved this crap to level a 2nd toon, but it looks unlikely now as IRL I'm going to get very busy shortly. Also any gear in my shop you can have--it's all crap anyways, I haven't done maps in Ambush yet.

Cheers!

[edit] and thanks for flask suggestion, I just alted a pair :)

Yeah, thanks for that, no worries... by the time I join Ambush league (even if it's tonight) I'll forget about that. XD I'm kinda like that. But intent is appreciated. :)

"
Dumblet wrote:
are you ever gonna continue leveling your invasion character?

Depends mostly on how will my friends procced with leveling. This was to be the support/MF character for the party, as flame totems due to fast cast speed with cull pretty much get the kill regardless. Trouble is, even though there's two of them, still we have trouble mostly getting on. I'm at point where I can farm Merv/Piety merc as a MF'r, but aren't doing much lately. Point is... I will, to which point, I'm not yet sure, but will slowly progress. Most likely to lvl 75-80 as I don't really like the leveling curve from there on out, would rather make a new char (it's more fun for me). Hope that answers the question.

And I'm still yet to test Area of Effect gem, Frost Wall, Summon Skeletons and other suggestions from the thread. :) (Poor atm, 'cause we're not doing MF'ing right)

I got 193/8 from self-found, no Aurseize's or Goldwyrm, MF elixir... so ok enough.
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
Last edited by GoranH on Mar 17, 2014, 2:00:37 AM

Here are my current flasks... yeah too many HP flasks, but I hate going town to refill. :p

Should use res/granite, oh well. Luckily mana is not at issue. :)
And I need a curse immune flask, that's a problem now.

This is an example (not a great one) of what I mean by sorted flasks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info